South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-24-2011, 04:43 PM   #16  

Thanks Schmoodle. What's some easy go to food if I am hungry? I thinking Brocolli and salad dressing...I am following what the book says but i am a big guy (280lbs) so its a drastic change and seems like low calories.
paulny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:23 PM   #17  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulny View Post
What's some easy go to food if I am hungry? I thinking Brocolli and salad dressing...I am following what the book says but i am a big guy (280lbs) so its a drastic change and seems like low calories.
I try to eat protein and veggies for snacks.....V8 juice, boiled eggs, 2 TBS nut butter, veggies with hummus, RF cheese sticks or the Ricotta Creme dessert, glass of milk or skinny latte, deli meat roll-ups with Laughing Cow cheese, roasted chickpeas. The veggies fill you up and the protein helps stabilize you blood sugar.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:58 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphmitch View Post
I try to eat protein and veggies for snacks.....V8 juice, boiled eggs, 2 TBS nut butter, veggies with hummus, RF cheese sticks or the Ricotta Creme dessert, glass of milk or skinny latte, deli meat roll-ups with Laughing Cow cheese, roasted chickpeas. The veggies fill you up and the protein helps stabilize you blood sugar.
Great snack ideas! I will def try it! Thanks!
paulny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:24 AM   #19  

Height: 5'6"

Hello Paulny, welcome to the group!

I too am not big into cooking, so basically I just pick and choose what I like from the 'allowed' foods for my snacks (and often my meals)

My current favourite snack is a piece (or two) of deli meat (usually ham) smeared with a dab of low fat cream cheese with a cucumber spear (or green onion or pickle ... or a combination of whatever veggies)placed along the edge and rolled up (jelly roll style).

Its kind of like eating a mini breadless sandwich. Just thought I'd share!
RiverGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:03 AM   #20  
Mous

You CAN and WILL do this.
LADY WINDSONG is offline   Reply With Quote