South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-11-2011, 10:20 AM   #1  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Default Designer Whey

Last night I found myself low on calories- like unacceptably low. After exercise, I had a protein shake made with 100 cal designer whey protien. Other than the fact that it is a lot of chemicals.... It looks ok for P1 and it is quite tasty.
http://www.designerwhey.com/designer-faq.htm
2g sugars (which I think come from the chocolate flavors)

Thoughts? Good, bad? Ok after a strenuous workout? This has been the lowest cal protein mix i've found.
uscarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:49 AM   #2  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

If you compare gram for gram calories, it is probably about the same as other protein powders. It is easy to change the number of calories per scoop by simply changing the scoop size.

Right now, I'm using a protein that has 200 calories per 44g. scoop. It does have more calories than most, but it also has a lot more fiber than most.

the sugars probably come from the lactose as most chocolate proteins use unsweetened cocoa powder to flavor it and then some sort of artificial sweetener to sweeten it (mine uses sucralose).

If you're unacceptably low on calories, is 100 calories really going to do the trick? You could mix it with other things to fill in the gap more - 1 T. of almond butter adds another 100 calories.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #3  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

I mixed it in with milk for a calorie packing boost- it got me up above the 1000 calorie mark for the day. I really hate to be below 1200, but I seriously couldn't have eaten anything else yesterday. Yoga does that to me.
uscarchie is offline   Reply With Quote