Help! Advice needed!

• I am on day 5 of phase 1, and I had my weekly food journal check in with my trainer today. He likes that I am on SBD--low sugar, lots of veggies, lean proteins, beans, etc..but he thinks that I shouldn't be on phase 1 due to my workout schedule, which is pretty intense. His advice was to include some low sugar fruits like berries, and apples, and some whole grains at least at breakfast or lunch. I'm confused....what should I do?

My workout schedule:
    3 days of strength/resistance/cardio training for at least 75-90 minutes
    3-4 days exercise--lots of walking, yoga, dance classes, some running, swimming ect...for about 1 hour.

I have been on this workout schedule for about 4 weeks and I am seeing great results in my strength and I have lost 5 pounds--4 before this week, 1 this week.

Any suggestions would help!
  • Well, Sarahsk, the big question here is how are you feeling? If you feel good and energetic, then there's no reason why you can't stay on Phase for the full 14 days. It's a healthy phase, although restrictive. But, if you are feeling lethargic and it's really hard to get through your workout, then perhaps it's a good idea to move onto a Phase 1.5.
  • Thank you Cottage, that helps. I am going to stay on plan for now, and think about it for a while...
  • I haven't stopped working out while on Phase I. Usually, my workouts are not as intense as they would be on phase II, but I didn't totally stop working out. Hope this helps!
  • Since P1 is about detoxing, and you're almost half way through, I'd suggest monitoring how you are feeling and make a decision, as cottage suggested.

If it were me, and it's just my opinion, I would personally rather do the clean 2weeks of p1 even if I had to be a bit less energetic with my workouts. I already had a pretty strenuous exercise plan when I started SBD. I did keep with my exercise schedule and stuck it out on P1. I had a few days where I felt less energetic and I cut myself a break at home.

Best wishes!
  • Hey Sara and I have to agree to monitoring how you are feeling and make a decision, as cottage suggested.

It was important to me to do the clean 2weeks of p1 even if I had to be a bit less energetic with my workouts.
  • Thank you everyone! I made an appointment with the nutritionist at the gym to figure out what would work best for me. I REALLY appreciate all the great advice!