South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-10-2011, 07:58 PM   #31  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvnLife View Post
My question is, does anyone know if blue agave nectar is allowed as a sweetener on SBD?
Many of us use agave in Phase 2, though I haven't seen it on any official lists. I absolutely wouldn't use it for phase 1 though. It's still fructose.

Last edited by CyndiM; 01-10-2011 at 08:09 PM.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #32  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Sorry for the mis-information then. I really thought the Agave Nectar was OK in phase 1. OK- I'm back to splenda 100% then.

See, Irishgal, we can be doing this for a long time and still mess up. We just gotta keep on going.

And defer to Cyndi and Ruth for final say in questions.
uscarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #33  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Oops, just edited my post. I meant to say I wouldn't use it in Phase 1 I do use it in moderation (50 calories/T) in Phase 2. SORRY!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:36 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 163/142/129

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthLake View Post
The thing that has been most helpful to me on this plan is understanding the philosophy and ideas behind it. I tried SB in the past and failed, most likely because I saw it as some kind of magic food list of good and evil. Now, I see it as guidelines to help me

1. avoid cravings
2. keep my blood sugar even
3. avoid eating too much fat
4. eat more vegetables

As a result of these 4 things, I can control my hunger, lose weight, and no longer feel like I am slave to every pastry I see. With that said, I don't always follow the plan to a T. I have chicken and turkey sausages quite regularly (Trader Joes has the best!), I will occassionally have pineapple on my salad during P1, sometimes I will have full fat dressing. I eat center cut bacon. I also eat regular ketchup with sugar in it, in small amounts. None of these things cause cravings for me, nor have they stalled my weightloss. If my little bit of pineapple caused me to want a cookie, I would cut it out. If my weightloss stalled for any long period of time or stopped, I would tighten up. But, because everyone is different, these foods haven't caused me any issues, and so I will continue to eat them.

Don't think of this plan as a rigid list of dos and donts, but more of a framework for healthy eating. If a food isn't causing you to crave things, isn't grossly unhealthy (think deep fried anything, etc) and isnt slowing your weightloss to slower than you are comfortable with, have at it. (in moderation)

That is, of course, just my 2 cents. What works for one does not work for all.
YES!!! This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is exactly how I am starting to feel. I am not dropping tons of weight (day 10 on SBD) but I am starting to feel amazing. I am starting to feel like "it is working." At work I have been EASILY able to stay away from the sweets in the breakroom at work. It is a miracle. I just eat on plan and then cravings are subsiding. For me, this is long term. I have finally decided and accepted that. I think that is why it "is working" this time. I am not bummed that I haven't dropped weight yet. If I can stop the yo-yo craving cycle then I know slow and steady will happen. I am very happy and looking forward to the future.
jms423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:42 AM   #35  
lanee

S/C/G: 225/215/140

Height: 5'2 1/2

Morning ladies, It is only 4:40am.. I woke up early.. Down .4 lbs.. But will reweigh myself later in the morning.. Have a terrific day.. Lanee..

Last edited by Laneebm; 01-12-2011 at 05:42 AM.
Laneebm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 164/164/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone. Although I have been on SBD for over a week, I do not feel as though I am losing any weight. I have been following diet, but have been fairly lenient. Today, I am going to "start over" and follow directions exactly and drink a lot of water. If I remember correctly, according to the book, if one gets off track, they may do another week of phase 1, correct? Also, I am having trouble figuring out this site, like where to go to see if anyone has replied to post and so on. Is there an area where there are "directions?" I feel like a fool, because I am sure it is not that difficult, so excuse me for sounding so silly. Have a great day everyone!
LvnLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:46 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 170/149/145

Morning LvnLife!

From my reading I also remember that Phase 1 may be done for an extra week, or done after "falling off the wagon" during other phases. I'm in my first 2 weeks of phase I, and have been totally clean - I've lost about 6-ish pounds, though I'm sure about 3 of that is water weight.

You can tell when someone has written something new on a thread when the title is in "bold". If you read a thread and then go back to the main page it should no longer be bold.
AmyKitKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:59 AM   #38  

Thank you AmyKitKat! I am playing around on site so I can become familiar with it, and not become frustrated and give up on site, because it seems like a great place to get tips, recipes, and support! (which I need!) It feels good to hear other peoples stories, and ideas. It gets me motivated. Like I said, today is the day I am going to be very strict about what I eat, and make sure I push the water! I go to Florida in April and want to feel comfortable, not wrapped up in a towel!
Old 01-12-2011, 01:02 PM   #39  
Be happy.

Hi LvnLife, as AmyKitKat said, I usually just look for the bold thread titles in the SBD section because we do a new chat thread every day and it's easy enough to find the on plan and exercise threads.

I do post and follow posts in a few other sections of 3FC though, and for those I subscribe to the thread (Use thread tools at the top right side of the page when you're reading a thread you want to find later.) New posts in your subscribed threads will show up in your user CP each time you log in.

Another quick way to find threads you've posted in if you're not a huge poster is to click on your name in one of your posts. Choose "find more posts by LvnLife" and that will give you a list of all the posts you've made. You can get the same info on your profile page, too - I just go for the quick and easy.

Also, there is a FAQ section here.

Last edited by Heidi58; 01-12-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #40  

Thank you everyone for the advice re blue agave, how to navigate around site, etc. I feel much better. I have been playing around on site, and with the tips from you all, I am no longer frustrated. I am more motivated today than I have been in the last week. Reading others posts really motivate me. My hubby is away on business (he is doing SB along with me) so it makes it a bit more difficult when your SBD partner is away! Thank you ladies~look forward to "talking" with you all later! Have a great day~off to the treadmill now
Old 01-18-2011, 02:20 PM   #41  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

thefrenchgirl I FOUND YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote