South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-15-2011, 12:22 AM   #16  
Always Learning

Height: 5'5"

Hello all!

Hope everyone is still doing well. Since I started I lost about 10lb from my "gain due to the holidays) but 6lbs from my before holidays weight.

I got a cold two days ago. So, it's a struggle to not just say "meh chicken noodle soup!!" but the inch and weight loss makes me hold on
8675309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:06 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 178.8/170.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone...

I'm brand new to the site, and very new to SBD. I "loaded up" on yummy foods while on a cruise from Jan 6-10, and then promptly started my lifestyle change (notice I didn't say "diet") on Jan 11. So after 4 days, I've lost 6 pounds. YAY!!

So I have what I think is probably a unique situation:
I am allergic to all fresh fruits and veggies. Yes, I'm serious. I can eat canned, and I can eat frozen if cooked very, very well done. I'm finding that the difficulties I am faced with are 1) snacks and 2)lunches. While many of the meal plans and suggestions include fresh veggies such as celery sticks, salads, etc., I cannot eat those things and am having difficulty finding substitutes.

I'll be returning to the workforce after a 3-month hiatus and I'm worried that I won't be able to stick to the SBD while at work (snacks/lunch).

Any suggestions???

Last edited by forkinbeans; 01-15-2011 at 09:08 PM.
forkinbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:12 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

forkinbeans! And what a cute username, BTW.

Your situations does present some challenges. What have you been eating since you started this plan to be so successful? Are you getting a wide variety of foods? Since you can have canned and well-cooked veggies, I'd just keep eating them that way. And roasted vegetables make a delicious salad, along with beans and maybe some lowfat cheese.
As for snacks, there is always plain, NF yogurt that you could flavor with Crystal Light or SF jam, nuts, string cheese, roasted chickpeas, etc. There are other alternatives besides snacking on raw veggies. Check out our recipe section for some ideas, too, and get creative.

I hope this helps!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 01-16-2011 at 07:12 AM.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:21 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 178.8/170.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Snacks

To be honest, the snacks I've had have been several cold shrimp, an occasional spoonful of FF whipped topping, 4-5 mixed nuts. Of course, I spread that randomly throughout the day. I've perused the Breakfast section in the forum because I'm getting tired of eggs. LOL.

My boyfriend has started the plan with me. He's also seen early success. Our favorite meal so far is buffalo chicken with broccoli and cauliflower and ranch dressing. He found the recipe online. With the margarine and hot pepper sauce, and then the added ranch dressing, I'm sure that takes us over the daily allotment of 2T of fats and oils, so we should probably limit that, of course. But I'm trying to keep in mind that if it's working for us so far, then it can't be all that bad, right? Better to be satisfied and lose weight steadily than to be too strict and give up.

All salads are out because I cannot eat any lettuce.

I start work tomorrow, so I'm figuring that I'll just make extra of whatever we have for dinner, and take leftovers for lunch, at least for now. I'd rather have variety, but whatever works, I'll try.

Thanks for the input!
forkinbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:27 PM   #20  
NOW is the time!

S/C/G: 225/219.5/175

Height: 5'6

Talking

Good luck forkinbeans...it looks like you'll have to be even more creative than the rest of us!!

I find it much harder at home than at work...but that may be because at work I have specific foods I've brought to choose from, whereas at home there are cupboards, freezers and a refrigerator full of lots of OTHER food!!

If you have access to a fridge at work, my advice is to plan your lunch & snack foods for the day, and bring them to work at the beginning of the week so you're not tempted to slip up at the vending machine, cafeteria, fast food etc. because you got hungry.

Tomorrow will be beginning of week 2 in phase 1...and I've lost 5.5 lbs. as of this morning!!! I slipped with wine once, and two whole wheat crackers! But got right back on...NOT GIVING UP JUST 'CAUSE OF A SLIP!!

WE CAN DO IT!!
bennwyattsmom is offline   Reply With Quote