South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 10:00 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

I'm glad to know I am not the only one who rings in the new year by sleeping.

Yesterday was great. We didn't leave the house, which hasn't happened in months. One blessing from the snow.

Today we have my grandma's birthday lunch and the hopefully going to the grocery store. I also would like to write a goal list and a bucket list.

Have a great last day of 2010!!!

Last edited by tanner'smom; 12-31-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:21 AM   #17  
Mous

Looking around at all of the recipes. Making a one pot chicken/veggie/spinach dish for today.

Snow is still coming down.

What kind of pan is it? I love kitchen gadgets! My favorite is the Ninja.

Half start tomorrow as we still have some fruit to use and can't throw it away. Will juice it.

Take care lovely ones.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:24 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I got a job interview at Neiman Marcus, wondering how it'll affect the tutoring gig.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:21 PM   #19  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Okie - You don't happen to watch Dexter, do you? That's IMMEDIATELY what I thought of when I saw your theme was "Take it!" I love that show.

Alright manicure and pedicure - check. Cold dips made - check. Minor housework done - check. Just relaxing and finishing the cleaning up before we have everyone over this evening. I'll do the Velveeta/Rotel dip on the stove closer to 7. Mmmmm dip.

Voodoo is napping and Anna is playing a new game she got with her Christmas money. Argh gotta help Chris with more cleaning. Hugs to you all! Hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year!

Lisa
Old 12-31-2010, 03:45 PM   #20  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Good afternoon everyone.

I'm so excited about finishing this year on a positive note of meeting my year end goal and exceeding my exercise goal for this month. I truly believe that a big part of this journey is the mind set. If I just keep working on that, the rest seems to fall in place.

No New Years resolutions for me except to repeat my commitment to work the South Beach plan to the best of my ability for a minimum of one year. Other than that I will focus on short term goals, the next one I'm shooting for is to be down to 250 by my birthday in March.

No New Year's Eve plans for this evening either. I sure don't want to be out on the road tonight. With my DH and DGS in law enforcement, heard too many stories about drunk drivers.

We are however, going out this afternoon for a lobster/steak dinner to celebrate our anniversary of 52 years. I'll pass on the baked potato and cheese toast and double up on the salad. I'll also swap my steak for DH's lobster and will try and pass on the butter.

Tomorrow we will have our usual black eye peas and start the new year off right.

Hope we all have many successes during 2011!
Old 12-31-2010, 04:25 PM   #21  
Be happy.

Tall and Thin, congratulations! You're doing terrific.
And an even bigger congratulations on your wedding anniversary!

Lisa, I'll bet your nails look great! I have a gift certificate that I'm anxious to use for mine, but I'm saving it for when we go away in late January.

It's so warm here for December, I took a walk earlier and it was 45 degrees! It felt great to walk outside, but it sure was messy. It's supposed to be even warmer tomorrow but I've got mixed feelings about that. Our snow pack shrunk so much today, I'm afraid we'll be back to mud and dirty little piles at the edges of roads and driveways by this time tomorrow night. I know the warm weather won't last so when it's cold again I'd really like enough snow to snowshoe and/or ski!

My house smells so good, I've got goodies cooking for the youth group party tonight. Too bad it's all off plan stuff! As usual, I'm bringing my own snacks though, hummus and pepper strips, SF peanut butter cookies and an 'emergency' bag of those cocoa covered almonds. I bought them without looking carefully at the ingredients and they're not SB friendly, plus they'll be an extra serving of nuts. I'm thinking they'll be yummy enough to keep me out of the candy and chips if I start to waver though, and they'll do a lot less damage. I'm going to try to catch a quick power nap now, I don't usually have much luck sleeping during the day but it's worth a try.

Last edited by Heidi58; 12-31-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Closed Thread