South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 07:53 PM   #16  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Zef, you can sure set the bar high girl!
Bet you are on .

Last edited by TallandThin; 12-29-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:58 PM   #17  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Sooooooo Cyndi - What do YOU do with Chia Seeds? I am a little scared of the whole "gel" thing, even though everything says it's tasteless. I have considered purchasing chia flour, and adding that to my tea in the mornings, smoothies, yogurt, etc. As long as I put it away quickly, it won't gel up on me right?

Oh the anxiety.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:58 PM   #18  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Whoooo zeff! Way to go girl! you're awesome!

Just popping in to say hello- I am almost ashamed to admit it but I bet I will be around more after the new year, still with company here and too much going on... I have been doing so so dieting, well, maintaining... but I suppose thats better than gaining! Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and I want to wish you all a happy new year!!!

ETA: Lisa- look for a thread called chia chat in this forum Lots of good tips and tricks should be there- I think that is what it was called ... I really do enjoy the seeds myself, I mostly put them in my smoothies

Last edited by rdw1; 12-29-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:05 PM   #19  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Re: chia seeds - I've always been a pudding fiend so I use them that way most of the time. I also put them in morning smoothies. They really seem to help keep me full and umm keep everything moving well
Old 12-29-2010, 09:08 PM   #20  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Lisa, I eat chia pudding a lot but I'll admit that it took a LOT of getting used to. The texture is sort of like tapioca pudding and it takes on the flavor of anything added to it. I usually add some sweetener (usually agave or palm sugar) and some berries. I also make the pudding with almond milk instead of water. It's not my favorite thing on the planet, but it is a pretty decent breakfast.

ETA:

RE: Cyndi's comment about them keeping everything "moving"...she's so right. I had a tablespoon of them every day before vacation (sometimes just as a chia fresca in the afternoon, sometimes as pudding, sometimes in a smoothie, etc.) but forgot to bring them up here so I haven't been eating them....I'm having big "movement" issues and have had to drink senna tea a few times now.

Last edited by zeffryn; 12-29-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:14 PM   #21  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I like pumpkin pudding - just canned pumpkin, spices, a little sweetener & chia seeds. I let it set overnight. I haven't had real pudding in a long time but this definitely makes me happy.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:23 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Evening, ladies. Busy night at work, so I don't have time for personals. It's been a crappy day, I guess you'd say...here's the newspaper article to explain.

http://www.macon.com/2010/12/29/1391...#disqus_thread

Poor Nikko. He was a sweet dog...NEVER aggressive towards anyone. My friend, Jimmy, was his original handler and when he quit law enforcement he gave him to Justin, the current owner, so he could continue working.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:44 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Congrats Zeffryn, u should make a whole post so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle!
Old 12-30-2010, 12:27 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 185/181/130

Height: 5' 3or4"

Karen and weezle....

It does not taste fishy at all! It's such a minuscule amount. It was kinda hard to puncture open and I ended up getting a little on my fingers so I decided to just take the supplement by itself today. I've only been using the flaxseed and wheat germ so far in the smoothie. Today I was able get physillium husk powder and whey protein today at Vitamin Shoppe so I'll start putting them in my smoothies tomorrow I like how customizable you can make it I don't think I'll be getting the chia seeds/powder anytime soon so I can't say how that may/may not affect the taste. You can start with a couple of the fiber/protein ingredients (like I have) then gradually add another one later on to make sure you like it. I hope it works out for you b/c I think they are amazing!

I also bought the Jan/Feb. 2011 issue of First magazine and it has 4 green smoothie/juice recipes from Dr. OZ to help lose weight which I may try to get on our next shopping trip.
Closed Thread