South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 02:05 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

You can always get back on track BelovedK! I wish you well! See u later today!
Old 12-26-2010, 06:50 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Sunday morning!

A blizzard is on it's way and our coffee pot broke, so we're heading out early to get a new one and pick up a newspaper before the snow starts flying.
I know it's going to be crazy out there!

I'm making a big dinner today, too, but now I'm wondering if anyone will be able to make it. Monica, Caitlyn, and Carley are coming out by train and will stay over if it gets too bad, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:23 AM   #18  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and Happy Second Day of Christmas. I could hear those darned turtle doves cooing before seven. Don't they know it's Sunday and Boxing Day?

Cottage, I do hope the snow is minor for you and that your darling "girls" get there safely. Hugs to all.

Today the dogs and I are off to Ottawa to "Christmas" with my son, DIL and grand daughter Tayler. Wendy is doing a lunch = probably pizza! Tayler is very excited since we all usually spend the Day at her other grandma's house. This time I'll be seeing her toys and her tree. It should be interesting and fun as they have an extremely hyper Boston terrier who goes happy nuts around other dogs.

Boxing day is a big shopping day here too. I've already been on Amazon.ca and ordered a GPS - Reg $279 for $99! I really don't need it around Delta but do plan some wee car trips in 2011. Maybe Vermont or PA.

Time for breakfast and then a few gifts to organize before I take off for the big city. I hope your day is lovely.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:01 AM   #19  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth you just made my day. I actually smiled before coffee!

We slept in today, for real. Each of us managed more than 8 hours, that never happens. The next week is ours with very little planned away from home. I do have a lot of cleaning and cooking I'd like to do but there just might be some naps too.

Debbie, Lisa, Karen

Annie - I hope you found some peace and calm in your day.

Beloved - the last two days were nothing I'm going to brag about either. Time to hop back on in a big way and get this train back on track. Let's get started.

Okie - Is the snow heading to you too? I didn't look to see how far south it's hitting this time.

Cottage - I'm off to the grocery store soon too. It's the worst time for a storm - we are post trip and post holiday so our stocks haven't been replenished. I'll be looking for beans, veggies and bird seed for sure. Would it be so bad if your girls got snowed in over night?

Ruth - Have a lovely day in Ottawa.

Okay, I'm going to check out some recipe ideas and make my grocery list. I'm hoping to beat the crowds a little but it's probably too late already.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:40 AM   #20  
Be happy.

Good morning all!
Cyndi, sounds like you and Julie have a great week planned!
Linda, what a nice way for Monica and the girls to spend the blizzard.
Ruth, what a deal on the gps!
Okie, Karen, Debbie, Lisa and all

No after Christmas bargain shopping for me this year - No money left.

We're heading off to church in a few minutes and we will shop for groceries on the way home. My mom gave me an electric pressure cooker for Christmas and I'm anxious to try out one of Kalyn's bean recipes in it this afternoon.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:43 AM   #21  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning all!

For me, phase one begins again today. I need it! I got lots of healthy living stuff for Christmas including a hula hoop (thanks for the idea Heidi) and P90X. Can't do the hoop or the core stuff until I after I see the doctor in January so may or may not wait to start the P90X program. My exercise has been slacking and I need to start kicking my own butt again!
Old 12-26-2010, 09:10 AM   #22  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

We had a very nice day yesterday, although quite busy since we were hosting dinner. When DH grumbled a little bit, I reminded him that we should have done all the cleaning the day before when we were hanging out with my brothers at the mall having a good time. It worked, and we made it through our day in peace. We finally opened our gifts to each other after everyone was gone. Dinner was healthy and I didn't overeat.

Today Mom is taking us to the country club for brunch and then my bros are leaving. It's sure been great having them here. I plan to eat sensibly. Fortunately, there are many good choices (and many bad).

Natasha, how did the frozen gifts go over?

Linda, I hope your day turns out good, despite the weather.

Heidi, the electric pressure cooker is especially good for beans! I have a Cuisinart. What brand is yours??

Cyndi, great that you got to sleep in! I hope your shopping trip isn't too busy!

Okie, have a great OP day today!

Karen, yay for healthy living stuff! Perhaps you could focus on walking while you are waiting for the DR report. Thats what I'm doing, in fact, you just reminded me to get a walk in today.

Annie, I hope you're feeling better today! Congrats on your WL! You have met your first goal and are steaming ahead!

Lisa, you sure had a family filled day!

BelovedK, I know that you have not given up or disappeared! I truly believe when you keep posting that you WILL succeed. You've had alot on your proverbial plate lately.

Ruth, what a great deal on the GPS! I'm like Heidi, though, no more money!
Have a fun time in Ottawa.

Wow! I just realized that it is a beautiful morning and the pavement is dry. My bros are going to make a call for Starbucks and I'm going to ride my bike down. I'll just put it on the bike rack for the trip home.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 12-26-2010, 09:22 AM   #23  

It's insane out there! We were out by 7 to try to avoid the crowds, but apparently everyone else had the same idea. What a madhouse! I think the roads are more dangerous now than if it actually started snowing, LOL!

I have the laundry started and the turkey in the oven, regardless of company showing up or not, and now I'm going to enjoy the papers and a cup of tea.

Ruth ~ you made out great on the GPS. I hope you put it to good use! Have a nice Boxing Day with your family in Ottawa!

Cyndi ~ It looks like you're right in the line for this snowstorm, too, and I hope you get your shopping done before the madness starts! I'm hoping Monica and the girls DO stay overnight, as I'll probably have tomorrow off, and I'll get to spend more time with Caitlyn.

Heidi ~ have fun with your new pressure cooker! I've never seen an electric one before and am going to look it up.

Karen ~ have a great Phase 1 start today! Do you have your menus all planned out for the next few days? You've reminded me that I have to start nagging Jake to get my hula hoop made. He insisted it wouldn't make sense for me to buy one when he has all the stuff to make me one. But so far I haven't seen him working on it. He has off this next week, so I'll give him an ultimatum to either make me one or I'm buying one on the weekend.

The teakettle is shrilling, so I'm off to make my tea. I hope you all have a safe and happy day!
Old 12-26-2010, 09:25 AM   #24  

Good morning, Debbie! I'm glad you had a peaceful and happy day yesterday, and enjoy your lunch at the club today!
Old 12-26-2010, 05:49 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hey Debbie, glad u had a great day!
Closed Thread