South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 08:07 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Meal plan for tommorrow will be same as today's.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:48 PM   #17  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Interesting party.

I was having a bit of what I thought was olive tapanade, and then it tasted like mushrooms, I has some, it was good... only to find out that is was clams ( I am allergic to scallops and mussels and stay away from clams) I get intense digestive disturbances. Well, I took 2 benedryl and left the party so I would be home by the time the benedryl hit.

So far so good. It looks like I am in the clear.

I managed to get out of the party eating nary a sweet.

TOM is late by a few days, and even though I just took a test, In am tempted to take another. I have been trying for almost 3 years with only 2 BFPs, and 2 early m/c ... I guess I need to lose the weight anyways.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:30 AM   #18  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I got the majority of my boxes in the mail yesterday, only two easy ones left. I went to Denver with mom and stocked up on healthy stuff at Whole Foods. I don't want to have to go back until after Christmas. I also bought a food scale and am going to try and keep track of portions for awhile. We had sad news yesterday; a good friend in Alaska was killed by a drunk driver. I woke up this morning just flat out exhausted. I'm going back to bed and will take care of myself today.

BelovedK, I hope you are feeling ok after eating food you're allergic to.

Take care everyone!
Old 12-19-2010, 06:24 AM   #19  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Take care indeed! Whether you celebrate Christmas or not, this time of year is full of pitfalls. In my case, chocolate covered macaroons are dangerous!

We collected lots of food and cash yesterday afternoon - this village has a "good thing going" as the TV guy said when he interviewed me. One guy, famous as a Scrooge, went into the grocery store to shop and wheeled out a cart full of 30 jars of peanut butter.

I managed to avoid working the Museum/Mill last night and even got a chance to see the light displays in the park. It was just magical with big puffs of marshmallow snow falling. I really enjoyed an evening at home last night, watching Nights in Rodanthe with the woodstove blazing.

Today's list is pared down to a manageable size. Taco Bake is first on the list to make and freeze and I still have a couple of cards and letters to get off. The Christmas juggernaut is rolling but I'm still steering it. I really do take on too much stuff this time of year but ...

Time for coffee and a healthy breakfast before I dress for Church and tackle the day.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:35 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

This time next week, it will be 'the day after.' Just saying.

Ruth, you would have really enjoyed Gina's chocolate covered macaroons at our cookie exchange yesterday. I brought home a dozen, but Jake ate one and I have 11 left. Want some?

Debbie, that's such sad news about your friend. I'm so sorry. You rest and take care of jyourself and your needs today. You spend so much time seeing to others' needs.

Beloved, I hope you're not suffering any ill effects from the clams.

Our get together yesterday was a lot of fun, and we said we're going to have to make it an annual event. I never did get a chance to get in the hot tub, as we were too busy talking and laughing. My Peanut Butter Bliss cookies won a prize for being the most delicious cookies, and my Spicy Lemon Crescents won for being the prettiest.

We're staying in today, except for a morning visit with Mom & Dad, and I'm going to take them a platter of cookies. If I can get them away from Jake. I have laundry to get done for the week, and will help Jake finish wrapping the last of the presents to put under the tree. Only a three day work week for me, and then it's Christmas!
Old 12-19-2010, 07:54 AM   #21  
Mini-goal: 260

S/C/G: 325/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

Away a few days, and I'm chiming in too late to manage personal responses. Ah, well! I did keep up with the comings and goings while on my "wake up too late to both exercise and post" break.

And today I'm off and running to make yet more Christmas ornaments (don't know why really - no tree here, and too late to send to anyone else to enjoy, but I do like making them).

May the rest of the weekend be filled with delicious and satisfying on-plan eating, and a bit of dancing, and moving, and more!
Old 12-19-2010, 08:03 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Lexiss - so sorry for you, that is such a tragedy.

Ruth - Sounds like you need to make an emergency trip to cottage's house??!

Beloved - that would be wonderful if you were pregnant!! I know when I'm not eating and exercising (esp. the exercising), my TOM is MESSED up. SO much better if I treat myself the right way. Hoping that SBD helps you!!

Me - made the kids some banana chocolate chip bread last night, was brave and only tried a corner (honest!). Not tempted by it yet (yet), probably because I haven't had grains in almost two weeks. We'll see what happens tomorrow!

DS woke up crying twice last night with a sore ear/fever. I'll give him til this afternoon to see if it resolves (as a virus), then probably take him in . Poor guy, he was supposed to go to a bday pool party today!

Hope you guys have a wonderful day!
Old 12-19-2010, 09:13 AM   #23  
Queen of shifting minds

Oh Debbie, I'm so sorry

Twynn, I hope your DS feels better

cottage, Yay for your cookies winning the contest!! Today is our baking day, my DD wants to make peanut butter balls, I hope we make them yummy!

Ruth, I hope you can be productive!!!

I sufferd no ill effects, just a bit of panic. Mussels are really the problem for me though, I just usually avoid clams too.

I wake up this morning to still no TOM, but negative HPT. I am on cycle day 34 and am usually clockwork 29. Oh well, if it was positive, I would have a + test by now, I am not sure why I am late.

Wish me luck, it is baking day, and then a photo shoot with a friend/photographer of me and my DD. I'll post one if they turn out well.

xo
Old 12-19-2010, 11:56 AM   #24  
Queen of shifting minds

Having fun with DD <3
Old 12-19-2010, 03:37 PM   #25  
One Day At A Time

Height: 5.6

Hi chicks!

I am working on figuring out my trigger foods as I don't think trying a bit here and there leaves me in a good state. I might need to cut out completely some foods. Scared to do it but I keep on telling myself it is only food so what if I don't have chocolate, buiscuits, crisps, etc... I am actually willing to have a clean, on plan xmas and new year. I like this new vibe of being loving and caring for myself and doing what is good for me. I am happier and I feel better when I am on plan instead of off plan, so why go off plan?

This is what I had today:

B - cabbage soup leftover
L - cauliflower omlette with cheese and a salad and a pear as a dessert
D - cauliflower omlette with a salad and naughty roasted soy nuts.

I anticipate a meal before bed as I am eating mainly veggies and i don't want to eat in the middle of the night like i did last night. I am far from perfection but I am making a progress and i am positive about tomorrow, i have cooked on-plan food for tom and i should be able to do one more day.

I can't but we can! Thank you for being there
Old 12-19-2010, 03:53 PM   #26  

Height: 5ft

Hang in there you can do it !!! :-)
Old 12-19-2010, 05:11 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

After not sleeping for nearly two days, I really rested. I feel better now that I slept.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:15 PM   #28  
One Day At A Time

Height: 5.6

FoodObsessed, great stuff! Sleep is a very important one for me because when I don't sleep properly I just feel tired and all I wanna do is eat and eat. I have recently made some progress not to do that and just wait until I am hungry or no longer tired!
Old 12-19-2010, 06:47 PM   #29  
Queen of shifting minds

Here is a pic from our photo shoot of DD and I

Sorry so large Photo by Heather Addley

Last edited by BelovedK; 12-19-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:28 PM   #30  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Not much internet access at the B&B.

Debbie Thinking of you

Beloved - what a beautiful picture!

I'll catch-up on Tuesday. hope there's good flying weather in Chicago tomorrow.
Closed Thread