South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 01:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Tranceful Thursday Chat

Good morning, ladies. I've been rather scarce on here lately...just been too busy lately between class, work, and social engagements. And it doesn't look any better this weekend, either. UGH!!! I sure have missed you ladies, though...you help me get through the days and stay on track!!!

weezle - So sorry to hear about your mayor. Our mayor did the same thing last year...nobody knows why except for him, I guess.

Tonight's a busy night at work made complicated by the fact that our computers just DIED in the middle of a call that was supposed to involve weapons where we had multiple agencies on scene looking for the 2 armed subjects. Timing, huh??? LOL

BelovedK - I'll be getting your Christmas card in the mail this morning after I get off work.

Anybody else that wants a Christmas card, feel free to PM me w/ your address and I'll send one off.

So grab you a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and tell us about your day.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:00 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for the coffee, Natasha. I have really low blood sugar this morning so am having it with real sugar. Some real breakfast in a few minutes will get me back on track but coffee first!

I must send out some Christmas cards today to the "elderlies" in the family. My Aunt Rose is 98 and still sends them to everyone - perfect handwriting too. She is just amazing. If she doesn't get a card from you, she writes a letter hoping you are all right and wishing you a Happy New Year! Donna is coming to clean today and I just realized the quilt we threw into the washer last week is still there. "How hard is it to turn on the washer, Ruthie?" I guess it's time to do some laundry.

It's also time to clean out the fridge and ditch those partial jars of expired sauces way at the back. Next week I'll be loading up with party stuff so it's time to clear the decks. I still need to go to town - maybe later today if the driving is good.

So ... I'm cranking it up!
Old 12-16-2010, 06:23 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Natasha. Yep, it sure is a busy time of year! I agree, you all really help me stay focused when life keeps getting in the way.

Ruth, hope your BS is normalizing by now. I'd get Aunt Rose's card in the mail first. I'm remembering to pick up some cards here in Taos for the few folks I do mail cards to. Your day is sounding relatively quiet....I know that won't last.

Me, woke up early (what's new) and got a fire started in the Kiva fireplace in our room. We had a nice dinner with Cyndi last night but resisted the urge to keep her out late since she's a working girl. Everyone is still snoozing and I'm not sure exactly what's on our agenda. I think internet cafe may be on for early morning, and we do have to drive home but haven't figured out if that will be sooner or later. Kirk informed me yesterday that he didn't really want to go to his holiday party with his TBI friends tonight but I think it's just because he is enjoying the moment down south. Our rescue group is bringing in three pups from Kansas tonight and my good friend is taking one on a trial adoption so I do have to be back no matter what.

Cyndi brought us some of the chocolate coffee which smells just heavenly, but I resisted the urge to try and make some without being able to measure. I think we'll just put it under our imaginary tree and open it Christmas morning.

Speaking of coffee....must go make more. These little motel pots don't make it nearly fast enough.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:44 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies!

Natasha, it was good to see your post this morning! I hope things will slow down a little bit for you soon. Ruth, I hope you've got your blood sugar where it needs to be now. Good luck getting everything done today! And Debbie, I'm so glad you and Cyndi were able to get together last night! Drive safely today.

It's cold here this morning. We'll have another day of inside recesses - 4 days down and one to go. LOL The poor kids are bouncing off the walls though. We've got so many holiday things going on that they're wound up anyway. Yesterday afternoon I just gave up and we played a few active games instead of working at centers. I've got a feeling we'll be playing "Santa Says" and "Rudolph, Rudolph, Santa" again today, too. LOL

Guess who got through 2 holiday celebrations unscathed yesterday? The youth group party last night had lots of goodies but I stuck to my plan. I've only got one party left, and that one is at a restaurant so I'll be able to order grilled fish and skip the dessert. My classroom party will be fruits and veggies and gingerbread boys to decorate. All safe stuff for me and things the kids like anyway, so I'm not even counting that as a party this year. LOL

OK, time to venture out in the cold. Enjoy your Thursday friends!
Old 12-16-2010, 06:53 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Heidi, great news on getting through your holiday events unscathed. Perhaps it will warm up by Christmas...I feel sorry for both you and the kids. They don't get to run around and you get to play those games I'm glad I don't know. Try to stay warm!
Old 12-16-2010, 07:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I had to update my laptop before I could do anything else this morning, but all is well now.

Natasha, I was wondering where you've been, and can commiserate with being rushed for time right now. While I was on my way home late last night, I was considering stopping by the mall for a few more presents, but common sense got the best of me. It will get done in it's own time.

Ruth, I hope your BGL is normal by now. My paternal grandmother passed away nearly 2 years ago, but she was another one who was diligent about sending out cards at her ripe age of 99. Her handwriting was a little hard to decipher, though.

Debbie, I'm so glad that you and Cyndi were able to get together last night! Any pictures? Have a safe drive back home today!

Heidi, you are so awesome for being able to stay OP throughout all those food events! I don't think I could be as strong as that. I'd have to have just a wee sample of a few things. Good for you! Have a fun day with your class today!

I'm not supposed to know about it, but I found out that Jake is getting me a Pandora bracelet for Christmas, so now I feel I'd better get him something, too. We bought ourselves a new TV for the playroom and called it a present to ourselves, so I thought we were done. And I'm having lunch with a friend I haven't seen in over a year, so I want to pick up a little something for her, too. So I have to hit the mall again. I'm taking Amber out for a "Grandma and me" day of shopping and lunch on Sunday, so I'm hoping I can finish my shopping then.
It should be a relatively easy day at the farm today, and I just may be able to leave early if the girls have a riding lesson. Hmmmm, maybe I can fit in a bit of shopping after work.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Natasha - It is a busy time of year; hope you are getting a few moments for yourself squeezed in there.

Ruth - Good idea... I think my fridge is now calling my name. My pantry is worse though. Aunt Rose sounds amazing.

Debbie - Glad you made it down there to visit with Cyndi. The fireplace sounds lovely. Have a safe trip home.

Heidi - Awesome job staying OP at those parties! Gingerbread cookies .... I love those.

Linda - Hubby and I called our Tivo last month our gifts too this year but still do stocking stuffers. He did not get much growing up and has a lot of emotional baggage about holiday gifts.

I'm off soon to get my blood drawn for my semi-annual cholesterol check. Been on meds for years for that. Later today I get my hair cut and colored. I'll do a bit more cleaning and prep for our many guests coming this weekend. And maybe buy my last few stocking stuffers (candy for the boys... makes me feel just a bit guilty.)

Have a great day all.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:12 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I am addicted to Starbucks Via when in hotels. Not as good as home but better than most places I stay.

It was so nice meeting Debbie and Kirk and the sweet doggies last night. I wish I'd had time to sit around the fireplace but had to run back for an end of the day work check-in call at 7 that ended up lasting more than an hour

Natasha - Thanks for getting us started. I hope your days slow down a tiny bit so you can catch your breath.

Ruth - Happy carding

Debbie I'm waving out the back so you probably can't see me The coffee tastes good but the smell is just amazing. Hope you like it

Heidi - Congratulations! I hope the weather gives you a break. Kids are wound up enough this time of year without being stuck inside.

Cottage - What is a Pandora bracelet? I still need to finish my shopping. I'll get on Amazon tonight and find a bookstore tomorrow.

Karen - hope the numbers are great

Time to get in the shower and get moving on the day. There's a storm coming in so I want to be heading out of Taos with plenty of daylight left.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:19 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Karen, I hope your blood work comes out just fine. Are you still getting those bellyaches?

Cyndi, it's too bad that you and Debbie didn't have more time to talk last night. I hope Julie got there alright and hope the rest of your trip is a lot of fun.

This is what a Pandora bracelet is -

http://www.pancharmbracelets.com/?tr...FYHc4AodpTq3nw
Old 12-16-2010, 08:20 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! I looked up Pandora Bracelets. I need a rich boyfriend to get me one. On the other hand, he'd probably want privileges other than being allowed to pet my dogs. Not worth it!
Old 12-16-2010, 08:26 AM   #11  
Beautiful Underneath

S/C/G: 220/211.8/110

Height: 5'4''

Hello ladies!
I never get to drop in during the morning hours so I figured I would try today, since I'm up! I'm looking forward to getting my Starbucks... not that I'm dependent on it, but after-all, it IS finals week! I'm not 100% on track yet partly due to finals and other events, however I am getting there. I am trying to make this time a fault proof start! I got good results last time and thank the Lord they have stuck with me through my continuing bad habits!

Anywho, top of the morning to you ladies
Old 12-16-2010, 08:48 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick check in for me, icy roads today so I get to wfh. I will try to come back later when things slow down.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:30 AM   #13  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Morning ladies. OMG it is all frosty white outside . Think I'll postpone my walk for a while.

Nat, thanks for getting us started. Believe we are all a bit busier than usual right now. Computers can be a pain at times. I got the dreaded "blue screen" yesterday but after a time out, it seems to be working just fine now so will keep my fingers crossed.

Ruth, I'm a bit shaky this morning too and was wondering if a good breakfast might make the cobwebs and shakes go away. Will try it. your washer story sounds like something I would pull.

Debbie, what kind of rescue group do you belong to? Is it breed specific or what? What are the pups that you are getting? Enjoy your mini vacation and drive safe.

Heidi, congrats on getting through the parties. Good going!

Cottage, LOL, bet you will still be shopping after Sunday with your GD. There always seems to be just one more gift to get.

Karen, hope your lab work is nothing but good news. I finished getting DH's stocking stuffers the other day and almost all of it is candy as he does have a sweet tooth but still weighs the same as when we married so guess he can splurg one day a year.

Cyndi, Hope you beat the storm.

As for me, plan to get my walk in first thing then spend the morning wrapping gifts. DH is taking a friend to the airport so most of the day is mine. Have decided to make taco and fruit salads for our Saturday party so I will be able to eat along with them although mine will be minus the tortilla chips and rich dressing. Not a problem. For those of you out and about, drive safe and for the rest of us today, hope we stay on plan and get everything done that needs doing. Later.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:11 AM   #14  

Height: 5ft

Hi Ladies glad to see your all doing fine.
Closed Thread