3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Completing a Successful and Clean Phase 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/219007-completing-successful-clean-phase-1-a.html)

Mirabai7 12-06-2010 10:21 AM

Completing a Successful and Clean Phase 1

As a therapist, I am trained in a type of trauma work called EMDR. The first phase of doing EMDR is helping the client establish what is called a "calm, safe place". A place in their minds where they can go and feel calm and safe. Most clients do this right away....but for some, simply establishing a calm safe place in their minds becomes the shorter term goal of therapy.

I say this because it reminds me of the fact that for me, simply completing a clean Phase 1 of South Beach has become my short term goal....forget about losing 25 pounds...let's see if I can do a clean two weeks.

So here I am, Day 1, Phase 1, Take II!!!!

Good morning, all.

:-)

lazylioness 12-06-2010 10:48 AM

Good Luck! I am sure that you can totally do it. The first few days are a bit rough for some people (including myself) but after that it is SUPER easy.

Sometimes you just have to take it a day, an hour at a time.

TallandThin 12-06-2010 11:19 AM

Mira, it was the same for me. It was important for me to complete a clean phase one which laid the foundation to then go forward. Good luck, I am hoping you make it.

Mirabai7 12-06-2010 11:33 AM

Thanks so much. I may have to completely sequester! hahah

WaistingTime 12-06-2010 12:36 PM

I used to tell myself that I could do anything for two weeks. But for me, PH1 is always hard. But so worth it.

oddreee 12-06-2010 01:07 PM

Mira, I'm right there with you! Phase 1, day 1. My mouth is watering thinking about the salad that's waiting for me....Never thought I'd feel this way about a salad.

LifeisPrecious 12-06-2010 02:36 PM

Here's to a clean Phase 1 Take II :)

hope for recovery 12-06-2010 03:26 PM

Congrats on your start! Keep up, you can do it and it works!

murphmitch 12-06-2010 07:38 PM

Good luck! We know you can do it!

mom4yehoshua 12-06-2010 09:21 PM

Im already at a point, 1.5 phase, where I am wanting to go back. This is my first time on a diet in 15 years and I love certain foods. I don't eat terrible overall, I have just had too many stresses, a mood disorder that I found out recently, and had my first and last baby over two years ago.

At the first five days, I was feeling great and mentally, doing great. I have slowly been going into another episode, seemingly a low. I feel and see like I can't can't do anything and that has influenced the way I act and think in terms of food. I have been controlling my choices despite my thoughts and urges, but I really want to stop this diet right now. I know this is just the BP talking, but gosh...am I ever going to have a break? :cry:

Frustrated Leslie

Mirabai7 12-06-2010 11:25 PM

Hang in there Leslie. It is good that you are recognizing your moods and taking that into consideration when assessing how you are doing. As someone told me a few posts up, sometimes you just have to take one day, even one hour at a time. Stay on the boards, even if you "relapse". You chose to go on this diet when you were in a rational state of mind. Don't decide to stop it until you believe you are also in that same rational mind, K?

:-)

We can do it!

zeffryn 12-07-2010 09:40 AM

Sometimes the short term goals are the best kind to have. 25 lbs. or even a larger goal can seem daunting and can put a lot of people off track. 2 weeks isn't that long, and it may seem really hard, but you'll get the hang of it. it might take a few tries, but you'll do it!

Mirabai7 12-07-2010 10:11 AM

good morning Zeff. Thank you for the encouragement.
I am walking/running a 5k on Sunday. My time has been 44 minutes. hee hee

zeffryn 12-07-2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirabai7 (Post 3598394)
good morning Zeff. Thank you for the encouragement.
I am walking/running a 5k on Sunday. My time has been 44 minutes. hee hee

You really have to start somewhere :) My first 5k time was over an hour - I wasn't last, but I wasn't far from it. I recently ran another one in 24 minutes. It has been a long road, but a satisfying one.

I offer my every encouragement to you. I've been at that phase 1 spot before where I just couldn't seem to get it to stick and I know how frustrating it can be. I promise you, that once you get over that initial hump, the rest of the road is relatively easy :) There is something about Phase 1 that is a mindset changer as well. It takes you from "can't do anything" to "look what i just accomplished! i can do ANYTHING!"

love seeing you around!

Mirabai7 12-07-2010 10:51 AM

Thank you my southern neighbor!

When are you running the Cajun Cup?