Thanksgiving Eve Chat! What are you thankful for?

• It's the eve before Thanksgiving. For those of us who've got lots of weight to lose, hopefully we're thankful for this being the last Thanksgiving spent being overweight. I'm thankful for my friends Kara and Virginia who've had babies recently. Yes Kara of TomandKara, has had her baby and he's a cutie. My friend Virginia's baby was premature but he's ok and that's all that matters. I'm happy that I've lost more than 20lbs and kept it off. I'm happy that I have a chance to be a better human being by giving more!
  • Good morning, Okie, and those to come.

Okie, I've been reflecting the past few days on all I have to be thankful and counting my many blessings. I am most thankful that my family is in good health and for our jobs, so that we can have a roof over our heads and put food on the table. I'm thankful, too, for my many close and loyal friends who are always ready to cheer me on through thick and thin.

There is so much to do and no time to do it! Thank goodness my DD is coming out today to help me cook and get ready for our big dinner tomorrow. The girls don't have any extracurricular activities today and as far as I know, Cindy doesn't have anything planned, so I shouldn't have to stay late tonight. I mentioned to her that I made lasagna on Sunday, and that got her hungry for it, so the girls and I are going to put one together this afternoon for their supper tonight.
  • I'm thankful for my husband, who is not only supportive and loving no matter what my size, but decided to take the plunge and go to the Beach with me so that we're both alive to see and enjoy our great-grandbabies (our first grandbaby having arrived this past January).

I'm thankful for the friend who pushed P90X on me. It hurts, its a challenge, but its totally something I can do. I didn't know that before I started.

And I'm thankful for this forum, a non-judgmental space for me to discuss my weight loss successes and failures.
  • Great thread idea Okie. Thanks to you! And for the update on Kara; I had wondered.

I love what everyone has said so far.

I am thankful for the usual stuff... family, friends, health. I am thankful that all my stresses and problems are really very insignificant in the scheme of things. I am thankful for internet friends! All of you and the great community I met blogging.

My oldest son made it home safely from college; my youngest turns 18 today and is off school. Feels like a holiday already here
  • Good Morning

I am especially thankful that my Mom and my old dog, Rudi, are both doing really well as we are into our winter season here. I am also thankful for my DH who is very supportive of my WL efforts, my cyberfriends and my real life friends who help keep me energized, too. Last, but not least, that I have found a WOE which is the foundation which keeps me healthy and ready to face each new challenge that I face.

Okie, thanks for getting us started on such an inspirational note today!

Linda, I hear ya, not enough time to get everything done!

Karen, I'm glad your son has already made it home!

Annie, what a touching tribute to your DH and your mutual desire to be healthy and live long lives together!

Me, today is put the house back together day....the carpet cleaner is going back in storage and Kirk is going to do some final cleaning in the kitchen. I'm going to bake my carrot cake for tomorrow and get to the store early...and possibly make a trip to Home Depot...oh, and recycling.

Have a great day everyone! Thanks for always being here for me. You all motivate me to stay on track every single day!
  • quick run through this morning because I got side tracked by other projects. I'll be home early and stop in to catch-up then.
  • Morning my friends

Okie, thanks for getting us started this morning. So glad that both babies are here and doing fine.

Linda, I know you are busy, as we all are today, but don't forget to take time for yourself. Make sure you stay on plan.

Annie, You're very lucky to have a supportive husband who has joined you on the beach.

WT, it is good to have our kids home for a while, isn't it.

Debbie, Bet your carpet looks so good. I need to do mine but that will wait until after the holidays. I was at the grocery store yesterday and it was wall to wall people so good luck with that one.

Hey Cyndi

This year I'm going to do something that I don't think I've ever done before. I'm going to make me my number one priority and say that I'm most thankful for finding the strength to come to the beach and to stay on plan for the past month and a half. It is so important that I do this and I hope with your help that I continue to find the strength to stay right where I am and get this weight off and finally become the healthy person that I know is here somewhere. I want to thank you all for being here for me and encouraging me to continue on this path. It helps so very much.

Now, it's time to get busy. Still have my bathrooms to clean today and a bit more cleaning. Burr, it's a cold morning here, frost everywhere so will wait a while before I walk. Don't need to fall.

Later
  • I am thankful for my health, being happy, a good workplace, my family, my friends, my sweet Voodoo Child, and having the priviledge to truly know my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I am thankful to be alive each and every day, and for all my continued blessings that God showers down on me.

And of course, I'm thankful for all of you girls, and for such a wonderful support system here on 3fc. Love you all!!!!

In case I don't make it in before, I pray that you all have a VERY Happy Thanksgiving, and more and more things to be thankful for!!!!

Lisa
  • I'm thankful for my husband - his strength and support have pulled me through the low times on this weight loss journey.

I'm thankful for my kids who inspire me to move!move!move! all day long.

I'm thankful for my gym, without their support, I probably never would have gotten this far this fast.

I'm thankful for the fact that we have the resources to put healthy food in our refrigerator and pantry, and that we are able bodied enough to get daily exercise.

I'm thankful for this forum. Ya'll have been so incredibly inspirational over the years.

There are more, obviously, but those were the most relevant.

Love you all, and hope you have a fantastic Thanksgiving!
  • Lisa, we've got your Daddy-in-law in our prayers and we are thankful for all our friends and family, virtual or real. I'm feeling better about life in general due to the kindness of friends real not imagined. God bless all of you in your years to come and remember God is love. I'll see you all tomorrow after I walk! I gotta walk before I inhale the feast my friend is preparing! Karen, we give thanks that your family is safe and sound. Debbie, I give thanks for your life because you have enriched mine. I just feel so much more at peace since I've decided to stop living in the past and forgive my mis-takes because the road I'm on is mine and mine alone! Now that I've written this novel, good day! I'm thankful that I get to go on a 7 day cruise starting November 27, 2011!

• Peanut butter and jelly cookies: natural peanut butter, sugar-free jelly, splenda, and magic. My husband baked these tonight. Lightly sweet and oh, so delicious.

I'm definitely thankful for (on plan) cookies!
  • I am so thankful for friends and family and my health.
    It's been a rough year, we lost my Dad in May and then my nephew 3 weeks ago so it's been a year that has really made me focus on the important things in life.

I was too busy to get online yesterday, so I was so pleased that this isn't locked yet this morning!