South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 12:39 PM   #16  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

what about a pedicure or something to reward yourself? that is my reward - 2 weeks meeting my goals in the gym and with my diet and I get a pedi. There aren't many weeks that that pedi doesn't happen...it is something I REALLY look forward to
Old 11-16-2010, 01:21 PM   #17  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

I also use non-food rewards. Nice new undies make a good reward too Then you know your bootie's looking great for two reasons!

Today we have auditors in town from AIG, checking out our files. Happens every year or two, but ususally they are in NYC. So I'm playing hostess to them as my boss is out on jury duty. Little bit stressful! We're doing both lunch and dinner out today, so that's awlays a challenge. Thankfully I know where we're going so I've already pre-chosen what I'm having for both meals - a big SB friendly salad at lunch and chicken at dinner (its an italian restaurant, this is literally the only option!).
Old 11-16-2010, 02:42 PM   #18  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Randi, I completely agree that our rewards should not be food. There are so very many other rewards that we can give ourselves. LOL, I would say new clothes in a smaller size but I for one have so many waiting for me in my closet that it will be a long time before I can even think about buying new but even though I have them, it will still be great when I can fit into them.

CB good luck with the auditors. I made my career with the federal government as a Human Resource Officer and once a year or so we would have inspectors and it was always so stressful. Glad that part of my life is behind me.

The day is half over and I've only done part of what I want to accomplish so need to get busy again. I did take our bulldog in to have his nails trimmed and believe me, that is no easy job. He hates to have them done and goes into what they call the "bulldog red zone". Makes a complete fool of himself but I love him anyway.

Later
Old 11-16-2010, 09:26 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good evening, ladies. I tried DanceFit (I guess it's the same as Zumba...sorta kinda) for the first time tonight and didn't die, so I guess that's good, LOL It was a lot of fun...I enjoyed it. Now I'm watching Glee...love Gwyneth Paltrow's voice so I'm glad to see they've got her singing.

Cyndi - Hope today was your last full time day!!! And I'll keep my fingers crossed that you don't get stuck at Midway. I would love to travel for a living, but 911 dispatchers don't really have much to travel FOR. I bet it gets old when you do it so much, though. I'd love to travel 1/2 the month, though.

cottage - I have to admit that I will miss seeing the turkey thaw in the sink (I always say it doesn't feel like Thanksgiving until the turkey is swimming in the sink) and waking up to the smell of turkey in the house, but for years my mom has wanted to sit down and actually watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and this year she's finally going to do it. I figured the important thing is to be w/ family...but man, I will definitely miss the big get-together and all those yummy smells. Wonder if anybody makes a Thanksgiving-scented candle??? LOL

Beloved - Sounds like a hectic week ahead for you. Hope it all goes smoothly.

Heidi - I don't blame you one bit for keeping a low profile. Some people it helps to talk those things out...me, personally, I'd rather not talk about it w/ someone who's not a close friend or family member. Not to mention it's awkward as all get out to see people squirm and try to figure out what they should say. The baked goods turned out good. I had to "taste test" of course, so I ended up just skipping my last meal to kinda make up for the taste testing. The whole wheat chocolate chip cookies are mom's favorite but she does well and limits herself to 2. The brownies haven't even been touched yet.

Twynn - Ooh, lentil and smoked sausage soup sounds YUMMY!!! I've had dry lentils in my pantry for several months now and I STILL haven't taken the time to cook them...I need to do that.

WaistingTime - Shoot yeah, girl, get that recipe...no sense in letting everybody else have the goodies and depriving yourself!!! I just picked up the stuff to make it earlier tonight. Couldn't find pumpkin puree, though, so I just bought pumpkin and I'm going to puree it myself.

sophie - The trail looks like a nice walk...and good exercise, too!!! My bestfriend was here this past weekend and took her wife for a walk at the local Indian Mounds. She told me I definitely need to go walk it...so I think I'm going to this weekend.

TallandThin - Ooooh, you've started something now!!! Before you know it you'll be fighting your dog for room in the bed like I have to every night, LOL They sure do make for warm snuggle-buddies, though.

Randi - Congratulations on the good numbers at the doctor today...good job!!! It's always nice for your doctor to be pleased, isn't it??? Good job not eating the biscuit at Chick-fil-a. I worked there when I was in college and I know just how good those biscuits are...but they don't taste nearly as good as those good numbers at the doctor's office FEEL, right??? Good for you!!!

As for me...watching Law and Order: SVU now. Too funny...turned to the channel and they asked about a suspect and the suspect had the same name as my little brother. I was like "what did they just say???" LOL Walked on the treadmill earlier today and then took the DanceFit class, but I'm still planning on making my morning trip to the gym in a little while. I haven't been able to ride my bike lately b/c I got a flat. Can you believe that...already??? GRR!!! Other than that I just plan on relaxing. Back to work tomorrow for 2 days and then Friday I get to go see my favorite band, Rehab, in concert for their album release party. Yay!!!

Hope everybody is having a good day!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 11:07 PM   #20  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Hey guys! Quick post from my phone tonight...christmas decor all around and what a mes s it is! food wise I was ok today could have been better though... Tomorrow is a new day! Hoping to get up early and check in before work. Gym tomorrow night no no no excuses! ! !
Closed Thread