South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-12-2010, 06:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/222/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Don't give up!

Well, today I am entering week 13 of SB. This plan was recommended to me by my Dr at my physical in August. I have struggled with my weight over the last five years or so, as menopause and a sedentary lifestyle took over.

I'm happy to report that I have lost 25 pounds, and at this juncture, SB has simply become my 'way of life'. I almost feel on autopilot as I move forward. I have tweaked my meal plan to work for me, and as the lbs continue to slowly drop away, it continues to support my motivation. I FEEL so much healthier, and my heartburn literally disappered with day 3 of SB -- and has never returned.

I have follow-up blood work scheduled for next week at my Dr, and am anxious to see what changes have occurred. I'm hoping to see my cholesterol levels headed on a downward path. Please send me some mojo for that, will ya?

Up to this point, I have not incorporated any exercise into my day, but am getting ready to begin. I recently was given a NordicTrac stationary bike and today is the day I will begin!

I started SB with no unrealistic expectations -- instead perhaps some skepticism about whether it really would work. At the end of the day, it is the most sensible eating plan I have ever studied.

My DH has watched this last 3 mos go by and seeing the changes in me has prompted him to want to join me on SB. I'm finishing up the grocery list today to 'include' him in my meal plans. It will sure make life a bit easier not having to cook two different meals each evening.

I'm a 55 year old woman who weighed 130 lbs at my heaviest, until about 5 years ago. Seems between a steroid I was on and menopause, my metabolism just went haywire. I started SB at 239 lbs. I've never had to watch what I ate, and suddenly my world changed. It's been a humbling and educational journey to love and take care of my body, with a new found respect I never had before.

Thanks to all the long-timers on this forum who continue to take the time to post and motivate. Their stories both marvel and inspire me everyday.

I just wanted to tell any of you newbies that are just starting SB, IT IS SO WORTH IT. Do not give up on yourself. This eating program will become a way of life for you that will allow you to achieve your goals. Give it -- and yourself -- a chance.

Last edited by watchfuleye; 11-12-2010 at 06:13 AM.
watchfuleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:20 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for this. Very motivating, just when I needed it!!
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thank you for sharing your story with us, watchfuleye! It is both inspirational and motivating.

And congratulations for making this plan such a success! We hope you continue to do well and hope you'll join us often and share more of your weightloss journey with us.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:51 PM   #4  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

I can't thank you enough for posting your story! It was especially important to me this morning as the scale has been at a standstill for several days now and I was getting a little frustrated. Thanks to you, I have a second wind and will continue eating on plan.
TallandThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 258/245.8/170

Height: 5'9"

How motivation & inspiring! Congratulations on how far you've come!!!

I'm only on day 7 of my first go at the SBD, but it is by far the "diet" that has made the most difference in my life. I literally feel like I am looking at food & myself in an entirely different light. It's amazing!
mingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:46 PM   #6  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Hey, I'm 54, and I agree SB is the best way of eating ever. It dropped my cholesterol and gave me back my girlish figure. I look better now than I did 20 years ago. Your story is very inspirational and motivating. Good luck on your lab work!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/222/140

I mentioned when I started this thread that I had blood work coming up. I wanted to share with all of you what losing 25 lbs and eating healthy for 13 weeks can get you:

My overall cholesterol dropped 31 mg (252 to 221)
Triglicerides (excess fat in blood) dropped 26 mg (215 to 179)
LDL (bad cholesterol) dropped 34 mg (180 to 146)
HDL (good cholesterol) increased 10 mg (29 to 39)

I am simply thrilled to see these healthy changes in me! I still have a long way to go, but this has renewed my sense of motivation in so many ways; not that I was feeling unmotivated.

I have my next blood work in mid-March 2011, about 4 months from now.
I'm working on creating a sensible goal of where I want to be at that time with my weight loss, and will be so anxious to see what further changes occur with my cholesterol.

I must truly say that SB has been the greatest gift I have ever given myself.
watchfuleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:35 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Congratulations! What great progress in your numbers! Thanks for the update and I hope you keep piping in here-you have alot to share with others!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:18 AM   #9  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

What great numbers! You should be so proud of what you are accomplishing. Just goes to show you what we can do if we set our minds to it.
TallandThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:57 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Congrats my dear!
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote