South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 06:53 AM   #31  
Be happy.

Good morning Ruth and Beloved

It's dark and cold here this morning, I felt like a big bully making my pup go out into the cold freezing rain/snow mix this morning. Things are supposed to clear up by late afternoon though, so trick or treating will be cold but dry.

I had a great time at the youth rally last night, the music was awesome and the teens were a lot of fun. I did get into the brownie batter while I was baking, but other than that I stayed on plan all day. I drank diet soda and chewed sf gum all evening and avoided the pizza, chips, brownies and tons of candy. The menu is exactly the same for the kids' rally this afternoon, let's hope I can stay strong a second time. At least I won't have to bake any more brownies. I love that batter!

Ruth, that's one happy looking jack o'lantern! Here's hoping you get lots of little ghosts and goblins knocking on your door tonight.

Beloved, I'm sorry your stressed right now. Good luck at the wedding, can you eat before you go? Hopefully they'll have some sort of salad or veggie tray for you to pick at. I look forward to seeing the pics of your DD in costume.

Good morning to the rest of you - enjoy your Halloween Sunday!
Old 10-31-2010, 07:59 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Well, we didn't get egged or TPed last night, so we survived Mischief Night. Our neighborhood rarely gets bothered, anyway.

It looks like we'll be putting the finishing touches on the basement today. It's turned out to be a pretty nice playroom for the grandkids, all light and bright. I do miss our old family room, but there's no use in crying over spilt milk.

We'll be going over to my son's later today to see the grandkids dressed up for Halloween but we want to get back home in time to greet our own trick-or-treaters. Jake and I both get a kick out of seeing the little ones all dressed up in their costumes.

Gotta run for now, but I'll try to check in on you all later. In the meantime, step back from the candy!
Old 10-31-2010, 08:56 AM   #33  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good Halloween morning!

Zeff

Beloved - That's a tough one. I guess for me I'd probably do what it takes to get my husband on plan with me because it would benefit me as much as it would him. I wouldn't worry about what he likes though. Just do what YOU like!

My teen had to go to Target yesterday so I told him to buy the Halloween candy he wants since I doubt we'll get many trick-or-treaters and the leftovers will go straight to my son. I expected tempting chocolate but he came home with a bag of Laughy Taffy and Nerds and Sweet Tarts. Phew. Bad part is that he bought if for the banana taffy without realizing there was none in there!

We have a neighborhood gathering for dinner tonight. I am going late and not eating there. Just easier. I plan to have an OP Halloween!
Old 10-31-2010, 09:23 AM   #34  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I actually got 8 whole hours sleep and I feel like a new woman! Then I made an actual hot breakfast. Ground chia mixed with egg makes a nice pancake-like meal with sauteed chard, veggie sausage and a little rf cheese.

Beloved - My DW did not do SBD with me, and still doesn't, kind of. I do the dinner cooking when we eat together so she does though she often adds something grainy. Eating healthier and exercising did turn out to be contagious around here though. I suspect that seeing your partner healthier and more fit and doing things you can't keep up with could be both motivation and incentive

Ruth - Happy quiliting! Did you go with a costume? Are there pictures?

Heidi - I'm sure I couldn't resist brownies. good luck today. The sky has cleared and the sun is out here. Hope it's heading your way.

Cottage - congratulations, it must feel good to have that project finished. We don't get any trick or treaters where we live. Enjoy some for me.

Karen & Lydia

Zeff - Wow woman! You are really rocking the fitness thing. I'm impressed (and a bit embarrassed by my recent slugitude)

Natasha - Isn't it great when people don't recognize you right away because you look so different
Those crazy people are road bikers just in the mountains. I've seen people biking up mtns my car is complaining about driving up.

Lamay - way to go with the exercise. When I first started I could only manage about 15 minutes at a time. It will get better and 6 months from now you are going to be amazed at how much better you feel.

Debbie - I so want to get to Santa Fe. I've always wanted to go to the Georgia O'Keefe museum too. I wonder if I can make a run up there some evening? Guess I'll wait and see what my schedule looks like.

So in my complete insanity and inability to resist a bargain I bought a bushel of mixed winter squash yesterday. Now I need to figure out how to store it. If it isn't holding well I can always dry it for soups and mashed recipes.

Right now I need to get moving on apples. I have one batch dry and need to go buy another bushel and get more in. This afternoon it's all campaign work then dinner in town with DW. We plan to get home early enough for a relaxing evening.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:46 AM   #35  

Height: 5ft even

Default good almost noon

I'm up, dressed and cleaning house. Gee, nothing really different about it being the weekend.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:15 PM   #36  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Wow- this is the most pages I have seen on a weekend thread in a while!

Still trying to catch up with everyone, work, house stuff, etc. Going back to work has really just thrown me for a loop- which sounds rediculous. I know most people work 9-5 monday-friday and I would probably be just fine if it was my regular work and not training, etc. but holy crap I am sooooo exhaused (mostly mentally, but some physically too-the hotel is huge!) I have not been keeping up with housework or anything. Last weekend we had our halloween party so that messed the house up pretty badly, then we went to a party last night... so today is being dedicated to CLEANING EVERYTHING! Its really driving me insane, I can't wait to get back to my normal shift at work that gives me one big cleaning day and then two days off

Oh and our heat is still out so very hard to get motivated to even get out of bed! LOL, I will quit whining now- its going to be a great day! ;0)

OOOoooh, and on the best note!!! I get to start using the gym again tomorrow! No excuses! I will do this!
Old 10-31-2010, 12:30 PM   #37  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone

I am getting a super late start here. Today is a busy one because we are planning on travelling early tomorrow so I can get to my water yoga at 9am...lots on the agenda.

There's no way for me to catch up with everyone so I'll just work from memory here;

BelovedK, just take care of yourself right now. There will always be disagreements, etc, but you are amidst a really important time to be taking care of YOU. The rest will pass-don't get too worked up about butternut squash soup or a few extra almonds. Just stay the course.

Zeff, Right on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lamay, I'm going to walk today because you did yesterday.

Cyndi, you would love Santa Fe...maybe if the weather is ok we could do dinner there. It's very quaint, unlike Albuquerque. You are crazy....btw...more squash.lol

Everyone else have a great day, Happy Halloween, stay out of candy, and I might get back later!!!
Old 10-31-2010, 01:37 PM   #38  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

I am beginning to think there is an advantage to living on the west coast because when I finally wake up and log on, it's so good having so many of you already up and getting on with your day. It's like having friends over for coffee every morning.

Ruth - Wow! That pumpkin was an eye openering! Hope you have plenty of kidlets coming around to save you. We live out in the country on a dead end road so never get any trick or treaters so DH gets to eat all of the "just in case" goodies. What in the heck is a MacLean?

Beloved - sent your way to stay away from that pasta and good luck with the dress.

Heidi - You old meanie making those poor pups go outside. It's here today and I'm headed out for a walk in just a few minutes.

Cottage - Wow, finishing touches on the basement! Good for you guys. I know what you mean about a "family room" though. DH and I live in ours and our living room goes untouched most of the time.

Waisting - Great plan! There is no doubt in my mind that this Halloween will be op!

Cindi - How lucky your DW is to have you doing all the shopping and cooking. Oh how I would love that. If left on his own, my DH would starve or have to eat out all the time. Good old southern boy who has no idea what the kitchen is all about. Good luck with your bushel of squash.

Lydia -

RDW - Hey girl if you get tired cleaning over there, there is plenty to do here. You sound a lot like my Granddaughter who is a teacher and going to school for her masters. She just says there isn't enough time for housecleaning but thankfully here DH is a good cook and is helping her with both the cooking and cleaning. She will graduate this coming February and things will be easier then. Like I tell here, the dust and cobwebs will still be there so do what you have to do now and don't worry about them.

Lex - I'm walking again today so if you want to keep up, come on!

Hope you all have a wonderful on plan day.

Later
Old 10-31-2010, 03:35 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Happy Halloween chickies! I want to see your costume too BelovedK.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:06 PM   #40  
GlenwoodHotSprings

It's 3pm here and I'm going to say hello to the Beck crew then shut down my computer for the day. Kirk expressed that he would like to leave tonight rather than the AM. I think it's doable. We'll have the car packed and leave when the candy runs out. See ya'll in November!

ETA-Lamay, I did walk...1.5m. It was just being crazy here and it's so easy to put it off for another day, but I'm glad I did.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 10-31-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:51 PM   #41  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Default I hope these aren't too large :o

I am the one in the blonde "hair", and the other woman is the bride. And the other pics are my DD in partial costume (pre-blood) and her fangs were too uncomfortable, she didn't wear them.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:54 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Happy Halloween, everyone!!!

Beloved - First off, super cute pictures!!! It was you that was helping do your friend's hair for their wedding, right??? Good job...her hair looks beautiful!!! I agree w/ you that your hubby needs to be responsible for his own stuff...that or he can just eat whatever you fix for yourself and STFU if he don't like it, LMFAO. I'm a huge advocate of frying pans upside the head to keep hubbys in line...I'm just sayin'

Ruth - Ain't that always the way it works out??? If I think I'm running behind I always end up rushing so much that I wind up being ready 10 - 15 minutes earlier than normal, LOL. At least you had time for a nice soak in the tub...yay!!! Hope you get some trick-or-treaters out your way. We didn't give out candy at home this year, but 1 of my co-workers did have her grandkids come up to the center last night and they went console to console trick-or-treating, LOL.

Heidi - The recipe here for whole grain brownies is REALLY good...maybe you could make those up so you won't feel guilty not staying away from them. I made a pan a while back and rationed out 1 for dessert every day or so. Pop them in the microwave for about 15 seconds and then top w/ some FF cool whip...YUMMERS!!! And the batter tastes just like regular brownie batter (to me it does, at least).

Cottage - Yay for your house coming out of the night unscathed!!! Think of your old family room as a NEW family room...open to new precious memories but still holding the old ones as well.

WaistinTime - Oh man...I would be in SO much trouble w/ the candy your son brought home. The grape and strawberry Laffy Taffys are my favorite...YUM!!! And Nerds are a big yum for me, too. EEK!!! We didn't hand out candy this year, so I didn't have to deal w/ it...but I have some sugar free lifesavers and Sunkist candy at home to indulge with.

Cyndi - I'm thinking I might make it a LITTLE easier on myself if I actually learn how to operate the gears on my bike, LOL...but so far I've had no luck finding any guide online to tell me how to do so. I think it's a 7 speed. No mountains for me...EVER!!! Not that I wouldn't love it...but it'd be way scary and I've still got fat-girl-mentality when it comes to big hills, LOL

rdw - Yay for the gym...enjoy it!!!

As for me, I'm at work again. The citizens did not get the weekly "it's Sunday, go to bed" memo and the phones have been busy up until now. Hopefully it'll stay calm for the rest of the night. I picked up an overtime shift tomorrow night, so that'll give me a total of 23 hours of OT on this check for my trip to SC. Yay!!! I'm so excited about going...especially since my niece and nephew are going w/ me!!! The fair just so happens to be in town when we're going to be there, so bonus!!! We'll go to the fair probably Friday night and then Emma's (my bestfriend's little girl) football game on Saturday, then the beach maybe, and then Buffalo's for the Georgia game. I think we're gonna hit a pool hall one night and let my niece and nephew watch Emma (she's 11...my niece and nephew are 15 and 17). We'll squeeze in 4-wheeling somewhere and some dinners out...I can't wait!!!

Anywho, back to work for me. Yay.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:23 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Lovely pics, BelovedK! Your daughter is angelic!
Old 11-01-2010, 01:53 AM   #44  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Great pics, Beloved K!

Natasha, sorry you're stuck at work. Maybe you could find a bike shop that could help you. I find when I tell them I lost gobs of weight riding my bike that they're always eager to help.

We made it to the Western Slope after greeting about 350 little trick or treaters. I didn't eat one piece. I have 3 dates at the pool tomorrow. If it's sunny, I ought to just take a book and pull up a lawn chair for the day.

Nite all!
Old 11-01-2010, 03:38 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good suggestion, Lexxiss...I might just have to go check out our local bike shop this week. Thanks!!!
Closed Thread