groan, yuck

• Do any of you get physically sick after cheating?

I was off plan for a couple days, no real reason for it except sabotaging myself again. I didn't go hog wild, but it definitely wasn't anywhere near South Beach.

I was back on plan yesterday, and last night I was so, so sick. I can honestly say that I won't want junk food for quite a while.

I am just wondering if it was a reaction to junk after having been good for so long, or if it was some stomach bug. My kids weren't affected, and I usually catch illnesses from them.
  • Could be either. Lots of chicks have that reaction after a major off-plan blip. Hang in there and stay right on programme.
  • I had pizza on Tuesday. I'm not on SB, so I hope it's ok I post here, but after eating the pizza I felt so sick from my stomach for a good 24 hours. I don't eat like that anymore, so this was very new to me. I think it could be that your body just went into shock like mine did. Mylanta took the discomfort away!
  • I really do get physically ill, especially if the cheat is very sugary. I think it's just a sudden sugar shock to my stomach.

A just punishment for me if the cheat was intentional, but often a shock when I eat something I *think* is supposed to be ok for me (like restaurants) and it turns out to be a lot of hidden sugars!
  • I had pizza last Friday night and a couple of cookies, and my stomach was angry with me until Sunday afternoon. It was the first time I'd eaten like "the bad old days" and I won't be doing it again! Pizza just wasn't worth spending the next day and a half feeling like that!
  • Well so far I've managed to stay on plan and after reading all of your comments I'm only more determined to stay right where I am. This website is so helpful to me.

Guam, of course you are welcome and your before and after pictures are so darn inspiring!
  • I am only on Day 5 of P1 and have stayed on-plan, but I have been doing low calorie, low fat for three months.

The day before I started P1, I ate a very greasy "last supper" of fast good. Wooo boy. I was sick.