South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 08:50 AM   #16  

S/C/G: maintaining

Hey chicks. Tonight we have HS conferences. The one teacher we really wanted to talk with is not going to be there. Sigh. Oh well. Have not ridden our bikes in days due to weather and have been eating crap - so between the two I feel like a slug. Such a change from how great I felt when I was OP last week. Gotta find that motivation again.

Natasha - It gets easier

Thanks for the update on Kara; I had wondered. Also, what happened to Twynn? And Jenn?

Hope everyone one has a fabulous day!
Old 10-27-2010, 09:25 AM   #17  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

abigi7, nice to see you again! What a great idea-starting on Christmas gifts now! I have nice machines but my sewing abilities are quite limited...I am good at making recycled bags. Have a good OP day and I'm glad you aren't getting the snow yet.

Karen, it figures the one teacher you want to visit won't be there! I hope it's an approved absence! Ouch for no bike and crap food. One day at a time will do it...do it just for today!

I've summoned the troops and everyone is up and moving. Hmm...maybe I shoud try for that project now!
Old 10-27-2010, 10:45 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

ugh...kitten erased my post!

Old 10-27-2010, 11:11 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good day, everyone! Long time no "see"! It looks like a lot of the same faces around and some wonderful new ones are here as well(for me, at least). I've missed the camaraderie and support here, so I'm back! I'm sure I'll probably be the last one to post every day since I'm such a late riser and always spend my first few hours at the office scrambling to get things done, but I'll try my best to stop in and say "hey" every day.

I'm not sure what the ticker should say, and I'm not sure that I want to, but I think it's probably pretty close to where I am now. I will be weighing in and doing my measurements on Monday, so we'll know where I am then.

I've been eating in the "decent" range and have been especially proud of myself for making DH several pumpkin-y treats and avoiding all of them. I've gotten into doing Zumba at a dance studio in town two days a week and just LOVE it, so at least my exercise has stayed up.

I'm heading back to a full-on P1 on Monday, so I'll be spending my next few lunch hours grocery shopping and recipe-hunting.

I hope you're all well! It looks like you are!! It is so nice to be back.

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 10-27-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:18 AM   #20  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Morning everyone and boy does my coffee taste good this morning. Well, what I ate yesterday was definitely on plan but need to stop missing any meals and snacks. Will try and improve in that area.

I will be staying home most of the time today and plan on some outside chores before the storm hits tomorrow. Will be bringing quite a bit of wood inside and probably moving what is left of the outside stack into the garage so it won't drown in the rain. Also will be blowing the leaves off the deck and cement area (just in time for the next storm to bring more down .

The scale finally moved this morning after several days staying the same so I'm in a great mood and will have a super day. Hope you all can stay on plan and enjoy your day as well.

Lex, Your snow reminds me of our train trip thru Colorado last year. We had just come over the rockies (headed to Chicago) and started down the mountain into Denver at night.......what a beautiful sight! Anyway, the very next day you got a terrible snow storm. We were so lucky to have just made it thru ahead of it.

Heidi - Good luck with your aid. I've volunteered in most of my grandchildren's rooms at one time or another and really enjoyed it.

Laughing about the dogs. We have a French Bulldog and every since the weather turned cool (not even cold yet) he is convinced that he is freezing. He goes up to bed with DH in the evening before I do and then when I'm ready for bed, I wake him (from the foot of our bed) and walk him to his crate for the night. Well, last night when I went up, I couldn't find him but could hear him snoring.......he had crawled under the covers and was curled up next to DH completely hidden. Funny.

Later

Last edited by TallandThin; 10-27-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:00 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Debbie: Congrats on that great NSV!! I bet it feels wonderful!!

Lamay: Are dogs hilarious?! I have a dachshund that is the same way. He's snuggled under the covers in his dog bed if it's under 60 degrees!! We have a gas wall heater in the bedroom that he spends the entire winter less than 2 feet away from. We have to check on him periodically to make sure he's not roasting too much on one side.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:51 PM   #22  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Morning everyone! I always feel so late getting on here because I'm on the west coast, everyone's already enjoyed nearly their whole morning by the time I show up!

Today's another boring day around here. Tonight we do "survivor night" with a friend so we go grab dinner and then watch survivor. Its nice because we don't have TV at home, so I love my one hour a week! Ha! Also, I don't have to cook, so that never makes a day bad.

Lexxiss - my sewing abilities aren't great either. I don't even have a machine! I saw one at CVS for $20, and I might pick it up. I don't do projects, but I'd like to not have to pay someone to fix a fallen hem! I also have a sweater that I LOVE that needs a new zipper.

Lamay - That's so cute! My parents had a Jack Russell Terrier that would do that. My husband and I are hoping to get a dog next year. I'm campaigning for a puggle
Old 10-27-2010, 04:33 PM   #23  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

My day sure didn't go the way I was thinking it would, but I did get another big pumpkin steamed which was on "the list". I ended up helping DH do some work for the company which was messy and I did get some balancing in on an old rr track coming from a defunct mine while diverting water with a crowbar. Fortunately, I put on a Leslie Sansone video on this AM before leaving and got a mile in. lol I have to clean the mess in the kitchen but NEED to call it good for projects for the day-there's always tomorrow.

jan(jandaman), Say hi to the kitten, too!

KimStar, good to see you! Yay! for eating in the decent range. It will sure make things easier. lol at your "hot dog".

Lamay, great that you are noticing that you need to stop missing snacks and meals. My #1 rule is not leaving the house w/o my breakfast and vitamins. If I do, it just gets worse. Isn't that a beautiful train ride. I live in Glenwood Spgs part time-you must have stopped there just before the beautiful canyon. Funny, I've only ridden the train once but I always wave! Reading as I go, and now laughing about your dog snoring under the covers...now that's personality!

chubbybunny, yay for Survivor night. I always make OP pizza. My stepdaughter has a pug...pretty snorty but cute!
Old 10-27-2010, 06:47 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Good evening! I'm just enjoying the day.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:23 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm just doing my nightly rounds, and had to say "HI!" and WELCOME BACK, KIM! It's always so nice to see you in here!

Abigi! It's nice to meet you, too!

I've usually had my supper a couple hours before Survivor comes on, but always save my dessert to eat while watching it. I don't know if that's a good habit or a bad habit, though.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:25 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Evening, everybody!!! Well, plans changed and I'm stuck at work all night now. Oh well...at least it's OT, right??? Hopefully the Corporal will be back at work tomorrow night...otherwise either me or my Sergeant has to come in and, if it's me, I have to cancel a family dinner out for my brother's birthday.

abigi - Welcome to the beach!!! Glad to have you here.

WaistingTime - Oh good!!! My friend that bikes bout 15 - 20 miles a day told me that the first 10 minutes sucks until you warm up. Not to mention the first 5 minutes or so out of my house are uphill. It did feel good to get out there and ride, though. But that helmet makes my head sweat and I just want to rip it off. YUCK!!!

Kim - Welcome back!!! I'm new since you've last been here. I'm Natasha, like the screen name says...anything else you want to know, just ask. I'm thinking about starting Zumba soon (it's called Dance Fit here, but it's the same thing) but I'm a little scared, LOL Don't worry about being the late one to post in the thread. I'm a night-shifter and I'm always posting late in the afternoon.

Lamay - Congratulations on the scale movement. Hope you got all your chores done today. Even though it was only a few things, they were big things that take a lot of time. You'll get good exercise, though.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:57 PM   #27  
Be happy.

Welcome back Kim!

Hello everyone - it was soooo foggy driving to and from youth group tonight. I sure am glad to be safely home. My school day went great, I think things are going to work out really well with my volunteer. Thanks again for all the good thoughts this morning.

Natasha, I'm sorry you're stuck working all night! I hope you won't have to cancel that birthday celebration tomorrow night.

Lamay, did you get all that wood moved?

I'm about ready to brush my teeth and head to bed. Or maybe brush my teeth and hit the wii fit for 20 minutes or so. I don't want to, but I'll be a lot happier tomorrow if I do.

Good night!
Closed Thread