My precious cheese!!!

• So, I am starting to think I might be stalled because I eat a lot of cheese...so bad. But I LOVE parmesan on my salads, and lately I have been snacking on muenster cheese. I don't even know if that's on plan. But I am thinking its too much dairy? Sometimes I have salad's with parmasean twice a day! Not my cheese! Take my carbs...but NOT MY CHEESE! LOL. I am that sad about it. So I think I will try for 1 week not to eat cheese and see if it helps the weight loss stall.
    *Sigh* I could cry...
  • are you eating reduced fat cheeses? i hadn't seen rf meunster or parmesan.

cheese is heavily caloric. I would try finding a substitution for the cheese on salads.

Does anybody know if nutritional yeast is phase 1 acceptable? that might be a good substitute for the parmesan (plus, it has so many great nutrients) if it is acceptable.
  • I bought reduced fat parmesan (half the fat) and it's still really flavorful.
  • I will admit. It is not RF Cheese. I got some of the muenster just because. I will just have to take a break from it, but it makes me sad because I LOVE my cheese on my salad. Have to find something else I suppose!
  • There's no reason yeast wouldn't be phase 1 acceptable though I've never seen it on a list. It's just one of those odd foods Dr. A never thought of
  • Trader Joe's sells RF Muenster if you need a fix. The calories and fat are in line with other RF sliced cheeses that I buy such as provolone and cheddar. I am a cheese-o-haulic myself, so I can't offer much advice. But yes, lower your cheese intake and I bet that will help things.
  • I hear you about the cheese. I love good artisan cheeses. Not even remotely LF. But, in the name of getting a smaller booty I gave them up except for on very rare occasions (and in small doses). The laughing cow's are a good sub most of the time.