3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Weekend Beach Chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/215529-weekend-beach-chatter.html)

Lexxiss 10-23-2010 04:35 AM

Weekend Beach Chatter

Good Morning:sunny:

It's the weekend! I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone is doing since my days are all the same.:lol: Not much new here except that I thought it would snow last night and it didn't. I'm thrilled with the quiet here this morning and I'm working on canning a small batch of tomatoes that have ripened. Hmm....maybe I should have made salsa. Ahh...the big decisions in life.

I did great OP yesterday. I planned ahead for when DH started pulling out all the junk food and took my 3 books up to the bedroom, which so far seems to be a junk free zone. It worked and I went to sleep without much trouble.

What's everyone up to today? :cofdate: Stop and say hello! I may go to breakfast with my Mom and the boring crowd, then come home for another round of cleaning. :dancer:

Have a great day everyone!

Ruthxxx 10-23-2010 05:24 AM

Good morning. It looks like both my computer and I have survived to live another day. :lol: She gave me the dreaded "Primary Master Hard Disc Error" at Startup this morning but I somehow got around it. I'd feel much better if I had a laptop for back-up but the Mastercard is still convalescing from my trips. :(

Debbie, doesn't it feel good to get those crummy jobs out of the way! I am slowly tackling this crack house and am amazed at how much "stuff" I've got. There's a Yard Sale at one of our Churches next weekend so they will benefit. I even have a nearly new small TV and stand that was in H's room at the nursing home and he died two years ago! When you live by yourself, it's too easy to just ignore things. Watching "Hoarders" always gives me a jolt. ;)

It's going to be a rainy and cold day here again, a day when I'd love to quilt, sip coffee and listen to music. I do have to go out to take the mugs and bulletins to the Church and then will have the day to myself. I really should visit my friend Ernie who just had a hip replacement and may work that in this afternoon. I'll definitely do that so I don't feel like a sloth. (The apples are still not in the dehydrator! :nono: )

OK, Ruthie! Just get on with it.

Raising my coffee mug to toast you all and hoping for a bit of good excitement in your Saturday! :cofdate:

Lexxiss 10-23-2010 05:35 AM

Good morning, Ruth! Yes, get on with it! It is the only way. Those darned tomatoes had been staring at me all week. Now they're done until some more ripen. These old crack houses can hold an amazing amount of stuff, and then with the old windows we sure get alot of dust. I'd love to pull out my sewing machines but just can't until I get this stuff done. BTW-I have hoarding in my family line-my Sis and I are constantly pulling stuff out of my Mom's and Sis casually mentioned last week that Mom would be on one of those shows if not for us....it's not much of an exaggeration and big motivation for me to stay ahead of the game.

Thanks for the coffee toast and have a great day!

BelovedK 10-23-2010 06:19 AM

Good morning Debbie :) Good morning Ruth.

Ruth, enjoy your rainy day, it sounds cozy as long as you don't have to go out in it. Just get the one thing out of the way and come back and settle in for the day. I hope your computer is ok, make sure you are backed up!

Debbie, I hope yo have a great day :)

My ex H is a hoarder (mild, but messy) he recognizes it and struggles with it. I feel bad for my kids, but they need to spend time with their dad and it is no the unsanitary kind of hoarding, mostly piles of books and bags of stuff.

I am off to work bright and early. I'll stop for coffee first. I'm tired, woke up at 4:30 and just got up and did yoga and showered. I feel good, but tired.

I hate looking for a car, it seems like there is nothing out there that I like. I have to find one this weekend.

Lexxiss 10-23-2010 07:26 AM

Hi, BelovedK! Feeling good but tired...I can relate. Great getting some early morning yoga in. I do exercise in the am, but haven't gotten the hang of super early. I hope work is ok and that your car search is productive.

I've made breakfast for DH and gotten a curtain rod put up. I think I'll crawl back in and get warm while I wait for the sunrise.

Oh, forgot to mention...this was funny. I needed a gallon jug for storing chokecherry juice and I had a gal. agave container in the fridge that just had a few cups left. I found a organic mint tea bottle which I had cleaned and stashed, and put the remaining agave in it. DH never touches anything in the fridge so I thought it was safe. The next morn. there was some missing and he never said anything. When I asked, he said "what is that stuff??" He came downstairs in the middle of the night and was really thirsty....Ends up after he took the first swig, he took another because he couldn't figure it out. Talk about sweet! We got a good laugh!

Heidi58 10-23-2010 07:28 AM

Good morning ladies! :wave:

Beloved, I hope you find the perfect car today.

Debbie, we dodged snow, too. I guess the ground is white a little farther up the mountain but we only had flurries. I'm glad - I do love snowshoeing and x-country skiing, but I hate it when the kids have to wear boots and snowsuits to trick or treat.

Ruth, the churches around me have stopped doing yard sales (or rummage sales, as they call them here :)). I really miss them, they were my favorite way to get nice things that we weren't using out of my house. And there were always deadlines - get it to the church by this date or keep it.

I've got the usual weekend list to take care of today, laundry, housework and grocery shopping but other than that not much on my schedule. I'm looking forward to playing with my hoop some more (I'm really loving it, but I like it best when I'm home alone and can really crank up the music. I may end up taking a ride to the city to get some Christmas shopping done. I've got dated coupons and there are several really good sales going on this weekend. I just hate the drive. Oh well, I don't have to decide right now.

Oh, just read about poor Kirk's "mint tea" experience. Poor guy, I can't believe he took a SECOND swig! :rofl:

Enjoy your Saturday!

Ruthxxx 10-23-2010 07:51 AM

Happiness is putting your hand into the pocket of your warmest fall jacket and finding two $20 bills!

Heidi58 10-23-2010 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthxxx (Post 3534426)
Happiness is putting your hand into the pocket of your warmest fall jacket and finding two $20 bills!

:lol: TWO $20's? Wow! :lol:

cottagebythesea 10-23-2010 08:03 AM

Good morning everybody,

Jake and I both slept in and are getting a slow start this morning. It's nice to have a lazy morning, just sipping coffee and chatting. :coffee:

Ruth, I can picture you quilting away and listening to that great CD that you got in Cape Breton. A few of those songs are still in my head. :) I'm really enjoying the CDs that I bought, too.

Deb, that's a funny story about the tea! I would have loved to see the look on his face! :lol: Enjoy your day of cleaning, and I hope some fun is in your day.

Beloved, happy car shopping!

Heidi, the ground is white here this morning, but it's just frost, thank goodness. Have a good time Christmas shopping. I've been trying to do a little bit here and there so it doesn't get overwhelming. It seems like it's never too early to start, doesn't it?

I'm looking forward to my day. I'm meeting another Mod, Jiffypop, in the city for lunch, and my daughter and granddaughter will join us. Afterwards, Carley will be coming home with me to stay until Tuesday.
Well, I'd better go finished getting dressed and dry my hair!

Have a great day!

cottagebythesea 10-23-2010 08:05 AM

Wow, Ruth! What a nice surprise!

WaistingTime 10-23-2010 08:54 AM

Hey Chelby! I'll be thinking about you.

Linda - He did; thanks for asking. We are waiting to hear from the rental car company about the chip he got in the windshield the last day. I expect it will cost a lot:(

Beloved - :hug: There are so many hard parts of parenting and I suspect being divorced only makes it more complicated. What kind of car are you looking for?

Good morning Debbie. Snow?! You and Heidi... who will get it first?

Ruth - Do you have thing backed up to an external hard drive?

Heidi - I have a strange hoop question... do you swivel both directions or only one way? Does that make sense?

Okay, confession time. After a great run OP PH1 while hubby was gone, I ate crap for two days. Sigh. And I feel it. Ugh.

Now tonight we are going out to dinner at a Cajun place that has very little OP food. Tomorrow night we celebrate my mom's birthday but since DH and I are cooking the meal will have plenty of food for me and I just need to avoid dessert by SIL.

Yesterday's bike ride got cut short due to rain and I'm not sure yet if we'll got today. I wouldn't mind some boring elliptical so I can catchup on BL from weeks ago!

Have a great weekend everyone:)

Heidi58 10-23-2010 10:03 AM

Karen, I do much better going counter clockwise but I worry about not working both sides of my body evenly so I switch back and forth. I do a lot more picking the hoop up off the floor when I go clockwise though. :lol:

I have no idea if I NEED to go in both directions - I haven't found anything that says to. I think I've got this in my head because my wii fit makes me go in both directions. How's that for scientific? BelovedK, do you know?

Have you got a hoop? Or are you planning to make one? It was so easy and cheap. We made one for a friend last night.

jandaman 10-23-2010 10:21 AM

afternoon ladies! u all seem so productive today :) really inspired me to get my "niggles" done.

dear karen! we've all been there- boring workout on elliptical catching up on BL seems a great way to counteract crappy food relapse :)

soymilk sugarfree mochachinos for everyone as it's kaffeeklatsch time here.

WaistingTime 10-23-2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heidi58 (Post 3534569)
Karen, I do much better going counter clockwise but I worry about not working both sides of my body evenly so I switch back and forth. I do a lot more picking the hoop up off the floor when I go clockwise though. :lol:

I have no idea if I NEED to go in both directions - I haven't found anything that says to. I think I've got this in my head because my wii fit makes me go in both directions. How's that for scientific? BelovedK, do you know?

Have you got a hoop? Or are you planning to make one? It was so easy and cheap. We made one for a friend last night.

I have a little obsession about being even when I exercise. My mom gets a lot of laughs out of that when we work out together. I am not sure I could hoop both ways but I know my obsessive self would feel the need to do if for balance.

rdw1 10-23-2010 11:47 AM

Good Morning Ladies! Hoping things settle for me soon! :) I miss you gals!

Today is our big Halloween party, I am sure excited but that means I have tons to do today! I need to be done by no later than 4 so I can get started on DH and I's costume and makeup, we're going to be zombies. First time I have been something gross and not a bit cute! LOL. Should be fun! Making lots of appetizers this afternoon and cleaning is all on the agenda before all of that! Hope you ladies have a great day!