South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 01:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Welcoming Weekend Beach Chat

Today is Grandma's memorial. She was a grand dame. Please pray for her soul.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:31 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I will, Okie, and I'm sending you hugs. It has been many years since my Grandma went away and I still miss her.

I am up early and will greet you all from the other side of the mountain. Kittie is even going today.

Take care.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:33 AM   #3  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodObsessed View Post
Today is Grandma's memorial. She was a grand dame. Please pray for her soul.
I will.

Good morning all

I think DH is going to want to go out to dinner tonight, stepdaughter is coming to town and we usually go out. I am in P1, so am not sure if I want to go. It'll be hard to sit there while they eat :-/ BUT I did make DH tortellini with pesto last night, and served him carrot cake, and I didn't eat any I was so proud of myself. I did put pesto on the veggies I was eating though, yum.

Oh well, off to work
Old 10-16-2010, 07:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Okie, I be thinking of you and your grandmother today, and I hope the memorial service is lovely. I was very close to my maternal grandmother who passed away many years ago, and I still miss her very much.

Debbie, I'm wishing you a safe trip to the other side. Will you be driving through snow on the way over?

Beloved, why don't you check out the restaurant's menu beforehand to see if there's anything you can have so you can enjoy a night out, too. It is difficult to eat out on Phase 1, but sometimes it can be done. Perhaps some lean protein without any sauces, steamed veggies, and salad with oil and vinegar dressing? You sure had some great willpower last night, good for you! I hope you're feeling better, too.

Jake and I are going to fortify ourselves with a hot breakfast before coming home and painting our basement. Some of you may remember the flood we had in there in February, where we had to tear out our lovely finished basement right down to the cement floor and walls. We haven't done much down there since then with summer and all, but now we're finally getting around to giving the grandkids their playroom back.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:17 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Okie- Thinking of you and your Gram. I hope there are lots of happy memories floating around today.

Debbie - Safe drive. How are things in the mtns this time of year? We had a big elevation storm here yesterday, lots of snow in the mtns. Luckily I didn't see a single flake (well, I was at the office so that's not entirely true )

Beloved - I'm sure you will be able to find something to pick on. Worst case you eat something at home first then just top it off with a salad. I have found that most non-chain restaurants are willing to modify menu items so it's worth checking out their menu ahead of time, maybe even calling to ask. Enjoy the visit

Cottage - Hope the painting is quick and easy.

Today is a normal weekend day for me and I've been looking forward to it all week. I've got my To Do list set, some baking and cooking planned and even some exercise and some reading. The weather is perfect for staying in and being domestic. All I need is a giant bag of apples.

How is your weekend shaping up?
Old 10-16-2010, 08:12 AM   #6  

Grandma was loved and she raised eight kids on her own after Grandpa died. She is my paternal grandmother. Thanks for all the well wishes. Food will be flowing like wine today but I got things in check! Water, plums, chicken and nuts for me thanks! You can do Phase 1 on plan in restaurants, the book has tips e.g. olive oil, tell them to remove bread or have the other people at the table take theirs then, remove the bread basket. I love you all and thanks from the bottom of my heart!
Old 10-16-2010, 08:30 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning!

Okie, I hope the memorial service is lovely today and that you stay firm regarding the food.

Lexxis, you have given me an ear-worm this morning ... The Bear Went Over The Mountain is stuck in my brain.

Beloved, good for you in not giving in to the tortellini. Isn't pesto wonderful stuff? I have a goodly jar of it in my fridge right not, the results of the last harvest of my basil.

Cottage, I wish I could join you and Jake for breakfast and then help you paint. It'll be good to get that job finished.

Cyndi, you certainly deserve this weekend after the marathon weeks you've been having. Enjoy every minute of it and thanks for the reminder about apples. I have lots that need to go into the dehydrator today.

My book club met here last night and had another wonderful evening. They stayed until after midnight since it was a Friday night. Usually we break it up around ten. Good fun with good friends is important. There are a few wine glasses and plates to deal with this morning and then my day is all mine. I may be going to my sister's farm for dinner tonight which will be more fun. I don't know if I can stand it.

Gotta run through the shower and get dressed. Karen left her car here last night and walked home and will show up shortly for coffee.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:40 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning all.

Okie - I'll be thinking of you.

Debbie - Have a safe drive.

Beloved - For me, it helps a lot if I can get online and see the recipe ahead of time. I choose my OP options and stick with them. That said, I choose to eat home a lot more now; it is easier. Great job not eating that food last night.

Linda - We repainted after our basement water issues a few years back and chose a warmer color and it never looked so good! One good thing that came out of it for us.

Cyndi - Sounds like a lovely weekend plan. Is the baking for you or someone else?

Ruth - Never too much fun!! I'm glad my book club is during the week and doesn't last that late; I'd be falling asleep partway through!

It is amazing how much easier it has been this week to stay OP without my husband here. Kinda sad when I think about it. The best part is I can make a meal and it lasts for days! Last night for dinner I did chicken spinach casserole. I don't remember PH1 ever being this easy before. I am going to have a quiet weekend and maybe, just maybe, start Ken Follett's huge new book.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:07 AM   #9  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

*yawn*

morning, girls.

woke up early to meet a friend at Old Navy for their $10 sweater sale. Thought it would be like the flip-flop sale and have a line around the building. wrong. we were the only people in the store. got a few cute sweaters for the boys though, and some new yoga pants for me.

Zumba this morning, I think. I don't have a lot of motivation and the kids both have runny noses.

check in later, not thinking too clearly right now.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:26 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

These "bears" have made it over the mountain...no snow and a beautiful day shaping up on the East side of the Continental Divide.

Karen, I hear ya...DH is sitting in his chair eating potato chips and he hasn't even had breakfast yet! Yum! Spinach casserole sounds great!

Zeff, Hope you don't catch a cold, too! My, shopping already! Tis the season, I suppose!

Ruth, fun that your book club was at home! Now I have the ear worm...there was a Donny Osmond song, too, but if you don't know it I'll spare you.lol

Okie, check in with us later and let us know how everything went.

Cyndi, lol I was thinking of office flakes before I even read your words! I HOPE your weekend is, in fact, normal!

Linda, ahh...the projects. We are back to the house that is full of them. Kirk will start today with a set of outside stairs which the kids threw a big rock down on several years ago. It hasn't been fixed because Kirk has to get the ladder through a stand of 30 ft lilacs to get to it...I just finally said it has to be done before winter. I'm going to continue on the canning jar emptying party and drapes in the dining room. I hope breakfast was nice...we're headed out to meet Mom very soon at the local spot.

BelovedK, I love checking ahead, just so ordering is easier. I'm going out for breakfast and I will check in with the waitress before I sit down and confirm that I can get a salad with my omelette instead of potatoes and toast. Great job yesterday!

Alrighty! Off to the weekend!
Old 10-16-2010, 09:39 AM   #11  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning Chickies! Happy Weekend!

FO- sorry to hear about your grandma, I will keep your family in my prayers.

Debbie- Have a safe trip! :0)

BelovedK- the last time I stopped eating gluten those symptoms stopped, so I was off it for quite a while, then started eating it again with symptoms for about 2 weeks then they went away... Maybe they are back again I sure hope not~ I know the eating out can be tempting, but salads are usually on all menus and if you find the right place to go it may not be an issue? A lot of times when I was on P1 we would go to eat at a mexican restaurant and I would get a side of beans and a guacamole salad(just salad topped with guac)

Cottage- Good luck with the basement! All those little things its so hard to find time for! Did you make the sushi?

Cyndi- Ahh, the flakes lol... Enjoy your relaxing weekend!

Ruth- you wild woman! hehe, sounds like you are going to just have a packed weekend! Enjoy it, I do love weekends where it seems like there is something going on the whole time, I feel like I actually did something

Karen- I know exactly what you mean, when I am home alone its much easier... My dh gets to the doritos after dinner and never eats breakfast so after dinner (usually when I am working I am already in bed, but since I have been off...well, makes for temptation!) he has a second dinner, usually frozen pizza or burritos... just not right that their metabolism is so much greater than ours!

Zeff- I was thinking I may run to that sale, then decided...nah. Enjoy your day whatever you decide to do!

As for me I am off to a hair show around noon. I can't wait. A friend is driving up from FL and were driving down from TN and meeting in Birmingham, it should be fun! Will definitely be having cocktails tonight so I am planning on sipping slow and drinking low cal drinks.
I started back with orientation at work yesterday and Oy... 5 hours and I was exhausted! I have no idea how bad these 10 hour days are going to hit me! Ive also been advised that lunch will be provided but it will be meat sandwiches and junk food so I need to pack my lunch. No running water and no microwave so I think I will be taking lentil soup(cold, doesn't bother me!) and I am not sure what else, I may take some sammys on ezekial bread-I do like the tofu not chicken salad Ive been making... now I am rambling...

Hope you chickies have a great day!
Old 10-16-2010, 01:27 PM   #12  
Queen of shifting minds

Rikki, are you a hair stylist?? I am too. I'm going to a color seminar tomorrow and am really excited about it I hope it's not gluten for you. It is sooooo hard to get it out of youir diet, but at least you would know, and there a bunch of great gluten free cookbooks out there now!

zeffryn, I hope you had a good Zumba class, and that your children don't get full fledged colds. It is probably allergies, ragweed is out in my area.

WaistingTime, I know what you mean about the food hanging around longer when DH is out of town. I love having dinner leftovers fpr breakfast.

Ruthxxx, The book club sounds fun! I used to run a woman's writing group and that was fun.

CyndiM, hope you are having a nice day

Cottage, I'm glad you are making progress with the basement. We have a ton of projects in the works, and it feels good to finish (you should post pics when you're done)

I am having a nice day. I worked, and now after an OP lunch, I am going to get the belongings from my car and pick up my kids from their dad's. It is pretty, right around 70, and sunny. I am in a pretty good mood. I will weigh myself, to see if I lost this first week, in the morning

I think I'm off the hook for dinner (thanks for the suggestions ) SD is probably not coming. It's just as well, I have a yummy smelling dinner cooking in the crock pot
Old 10-16-2010, 02:02 PM   #13  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

rikki - honestly, they didn't have a whole lot on sale. the sweaters that I got for the boys were already on clearance and they had an extra 50% off clearance that made them $4-6/piece. Yoga pants were a few dollars off too. It wasn't worth getting up at 6:30 for, that is for sure.

Beloved - I think it is just allergies. Both of them have pretty bad seasonal allergies and have been playing outside all week long. It's just a clear drip, but no fun regardless. I hope it doesn't turn into a sinus infection.

Have a great rest of the day, girls. DH brought me out to breakfast this morning and now I'm going to take a nap. I figure the minor housecleaning I have to do today can wait a bit. Naps are too rare to pass up!
Old 10-16-2010, 07:00 PM   #14  

The memorial was great! I stayed on plan. Thanks for showing me love.

Last edited by BellaLucia; 10-16-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:07 PM   #15  
Queen of shifting minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodObsessed View Post
The memorial was great! I stayed on plan. Thanks for showing me love.
Great!!
Closed Thread