South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #1  
Beautiful Underneath

S/C/G: 220/211.8/110

Height: 5'4''

Default Back on Phase I tomorrow! (: Also question...

Greetings!

Over the last month I lost and maintained 15 pounds. I was on phase one for 3 weeks where I lost most of my weight and maintained it by alternating 1.5 and 2. My weight loss has stalled because I have fallen off the wagon so-to-speak more times than I would like to mention. However, like I said I have gone from 205.0 to 189.4 mostly 190.6 most days.

I would like to restart phase 1, hardcore, again tomorrow and I hope to see as great of results. The food I eat when I have bad days just makes me feel horrible and energy-less. I hate that feeling.

I'm going to incorporate more exercise into my diet- I seem to have the biggest issue in my stomach region- I loose proportionally for the most part but would like to start getting my stomach more toned. Please help with suggestions

Anyone with me? Looking forward to your support!
Bellissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:09 AM   #2  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

I'm with you. I just started phase 1 (2nd day)

I like the Firm workout DVDs (and more, I cojuld post a list if you want), and I bellydance, so my obliques are in shape which gives your belly a shapely look. Pilates always worked for me in gaining a flatter tummy. I am the home exercise DVD queen.

I thought that this diet alone would help with belly fat.

Good luck!!
BelovedK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:22 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Bellissa, 15 pounds in one month is amazing.
I can't help but wonder if your stall is more about your body catching up with that rapid loss than it is about a few bad food choices.

Personally, I only go back to phase 1 if I'm having cravings because now that I'm eating well, I don't loose any more quickly in phase 1 than I do in phase 2 now. (Although to be honest my phase 2 is just 1 fruit and 1 grain most days.)

I think adding more exercise is a great idea. And if going back to phase 1 will help you stay away from off plan foods, that's a good choice for you, too. But please don't be discouraged over the slow down of your weight loss, I really believe that it was to be expected and would have happened even if you hadn't eaten off plan.

Keep going, you're doing a great job!
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

I agree with Heidi. That said, I am also going on PH1 again starting today. But I am doing it because I have gone wayyyy off plan for too long and am craving and eating horrible crap. (And, of course that brought a weight gain with it. Sigh.)
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:28 AM   #5  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I also agree with Heidi, but will add this: Don't be surprised if the weight loss on Phase 1 your second time around isn't as drastic as the first. The first time, your body was getting rid of all the toxins of being a carboholic and sugaroholic for so long.

I remember my first time ever on phase 1, i lost 11 lbs. and felt awesome about it. I moved to phase 2 as intended, then got pregnant. I maintained a phase 2 style of eating and had a really healthy pregnancy. after I stopped nursing, I got back on phase 1 and did it religiously and only lost 3 lbs. in 2 weeks. I was so ticked!

Just something to consider, so you don't get discouraged with the program. Being resolute on phase 2 is just as important as being so on phase 1
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:04 PM   #6  

Add me on to the agree list with Heidi, Waisting Time, and Zeffryn. If you are having carb cravings, I'd recommend just doing a few days 2-3 at the most, of P1 to give yourself a little detox/reset. I've been in P2 for almost 8 months, and have went back to P1 twice, for 2 days each time, and it was following really bad eating weekends when we traveled and I just felt like blah after getting home.

As for the stomach, I wish I could help. 2 kids and 2 c-sections has not been kind. I'm guessing the best help would be pilates, but I can't speak from experience.
SusanMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:50 PM   #7  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

also, as for the stomach region. it's a pain in the butt. i'm the same as SusanMay - 2 kids and 2 c-sections, the only thing i can do for the loose skin is surgery. you can't target fat loss and no matter how much toning you do, if that toning is under fat, you won't see it. ramp up the cardio and take a peek on youtube for pilates core exercises. remember to work both sides of the core - front and back to avoid injury.

this way of eating plus lots of cardio has caused my stomach to decrease in size tremendously. when I started SB (this time at least), my waist was 43", I just measured the other day at 31" and have a true hourglass. I do a LOT of really intense cardio and a lot of strength training (3x per week, each day a different focus - lower body/core, upper body/core, total body/core).

The only advice I can give is to be patient. If you're diligent, it will happen...maybe not quickly, but sometimes the best things in life don't come easily
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:11 PM   #8  
Beautiful Underneath

S/C/G: 220/211.8/110

Height: 5'4''

Thank you ladies for your suggestions and best of luck to those who are starting up again!
I feel soo much better, healthier, on strictly phase 1. I think I am going to stick with it as much as I can and then introduce 1.5 back in. I'm not expecting to loose as much weight a I did when I first started 1. Like I said, it just makes me feel better than 1.5 does for the most part.
I don't want to lose weight too fast and have saggy skin; frankly I am not a fan of going under the knife! haha. So I would rather loose slow and steady than fast and saggy.

BelovedK- Go ahead and post those!

Last edited by Bellissa; 10-11-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Bellissa is offline   Reply With Quote