South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-08-2010, 11:12 AM   #1  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Default Phase one when you are traveling

This is basically impossible, right?

My DH is traveling all next week for work. I just may start without him, but it means that I am in phase one longer to keep up with him (I am the cook)

I just don't see him making good choices on the road. Thoughts?
BelovedK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:08 PM   #2  

P1 while traveling could be difficult, but if he really wants to work it out he can. Eggs for breakfast with a glass of tomato juice. Chili and a side salad for lunch. Bun-less burger and veggies for dinner. Etc... Snacks are very important in P1 to keep your blood sugar stabilized, and that could be the most difficult part for him.

Him being a week behind you in P2 isn't going to be a big deal at all. When you enter P2, you gradually add back in your fruits and starches 1 week at a time, to see how your body will adjust. It can be a good 6-8 weeks to fully transition into a P2 with up to 3 fruits and 3 starches a day. That 1st week when he is back, you would/could be adding something as small and simple an apple into your daily foods, and he just won't be having that apple. Does that make sense?

I'm a big proponent of not staying on P1 any longer than the recommended 2 weeks. P1 is there to kick your sugar/carb cravings. P2 is your path to weight loss and a life-long change in the way you eat. The weight loss that happens in P1 is primarily water-weight. P2 is where that stubborn fat starts melting away!
SusanMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Phase I is totally doable when traveling. There's another thread somewhere around here where someone asked pretty much the same question. Wendys has a 2 for $4.99 deal right now where your hubby could get a salad and a bowl of chili for lunch. Mexican restaurants...get the fajitas w/o rice or tortillas and just have them give you extra lettuce and pico de gallo in it's place. There's lots of seafood options and, if you really want to get into it, you can buy the Soutbeach Dining Out Guide and it lists severals chains and what is acceptable to eat there for each phase.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:21 PM   #4  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

I just talked to him and he said he really wants to wait until he is back home to start, he has a crew of workers that he has to feed, and it is just too hard for him.

I have decided to start this weekend (Sunday) Wheee! I am so excited to get this underway!!!!
BelovedK is offline   Reply With Quote