South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-21-2010, 11:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Calories

Hi girls! I post mostly over on the 20-somethings board but I do follow SB and just wanted to get your opinions on something. For the last couple weeks, I have been inputing my food on TheDailyPlate (Livestrong) just to see where I am at with my carbs, sodium, cholesterol, etc. I have my meals planned in advance, so in the morning I will input everything i'm planning on eating throughout the day. I seem to average around 1000 calories a day. I know SB doesn't focus on calories, but this seems to be awfully low to me. I have been trying to add in an apple or some nuts to bring my calories up a little higher, but sometimes its hard because I am simply not hungry, but I don't want my body to not get enough fuel each day.

What are your thoughts?

Todays meals for example:
Breakfast - 1 serving oatmeal with tbsp natural PB and 1 packet of Splenda
Snack - 2 sugar free toffee candy (I only allow myself these on Tues and Thurs) + 3 fiber choice fiber tablets
Lunch - 4 oz chicken breast, 1/2 cup steamed mixed veggies, 1 Granny Smith Apple
Snack - 1/4 cup unsalted mixed nuts with a few raisins
Dinner - vegetable beef soup (beef, carrots, onion, corn, green beans, peas, kidney beans)
jenn33082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:28 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Looks like you need to add more veggies and 2 dairy servings to start. A little rf cheese or some avocado will add calories and the avocado has the added benefit of being a good fat. It doesn't look like you are eating very much right now. Maybe a real morning snack like fruit and yogurt? Just some random ideas
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I usually do have cheese, today I have cheese on my chicken. Also, I normally have more veggies at lunch, usually around 1 cup, maybe a little more. Today is lacking because its what I had leftover from dinner last night. My dinner tonight will be full of veggies though. I probably do need to add in some more dairy though.

The morning snack is hard because i'm just not hungry, but I will try add something more in there.
jenn33082 is offline   Reply With Quote