South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-19-2010, 09:08 PM   #1  
Beautiful Underneath

S/C/G: 220/211.8/110

Height: 5'4''

Unhappy If I do you DEFINATELY do...

Evening,

I would like to share something with all of you, something which deeply upset me. Something I am still not over. Yesterday my boyfriend and I went to try on some different costumes at a Halloween shop. I love Halloween and get uber excited when I try on costumes. I picked out 2 to try on, both larges (12-14). I'm a loose size 14, and I tried on other costumes this size they fit just fine, it's just I didn't like the costume on me (personality etc). This was the case here; I didn't like how the detective or referee costumes looked- cheap.

I came out of the dressing room and nicely handed the unwanted garnets to the help. I said I didn't like either of them. She responded with, "yeah if you want to do sexy costumes you're going to want to pick from the plus size section, I mean if I have to you definitely have to. These are only for the skinny girls." I was so embarrassed and shocked by her words that I just kinda went okay, yeah thanks and walked away. THEY FIT LADY. I DIDN'T LIKE THEM. How rude? You know how that made me feel? REALLY horrible. Wanna know what made me feel worse...? My boyfriend heard the whole thing and didn't stand up for me. (He does feel really bad about it, but still).

Maybe I am overrating but I am still depressed about this. Over all I have lost 11.8 pounds and was just starting to feel great about it. I'm still on phase 1 approaching 3 weeks this Tuesday I biked for hours with my friends on campus and played football on Friday. Was so happy. Not so much anymore.
Bellissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 145/126/115

Height: 5'1"

First of all - F her. Really, do you want to let a clueless twit get to you so much? She'll always be stupid while you're making real (11.8 lbs!) tangible changes that will make you healthier and happier. 11.8 lbs!?! I am freakin jealous. I lost like 2 on Phase 1.

Keep kicking butt. You'll be laughing at that flake soon enough.

And btw, way to go about scolding the BF.....they need some nudging sometimes!
DexterMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I would have headed for the nearest junk food, glad u didn't. BTW, u can move onto Phase 2 already.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:23 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Bellissa, there are going to be people who say dumb things, no matter where you go, no matter how much you weigh and no matter how many times you set them straight. Some people just don't think before they speak.

IMO, it wouldn't have made much difference if you HAD told her that the costumes fit you just fine, or if your BF said something to her. Her comment wasn't really about you, it was about her and her frustration with the way the costumes are designed.

Don't waste another ounce of energy worrying about a comment that she probably doesn't even remember making. Keep your focus on your healthy eating and exercise and the great progress you've made.

Here's to another great week for you.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 194/186/154

Height: 5'7''

She's an idiot, Bellissa. Unfortunately, there's no diet to fix THAT. Good for you for not even honoring her comment with a reply. As for boyfriends/husbands... Well, they are only... you know - MEN

BUT! you're doing so well! Keep going!
Big Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:03 PM   #6  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

Wow....it must have been so tempting to say something mean back, but I probably wouldn't have either. Actually I probably weould have fuond a manager, and told them what she said. The best revenge is getting her fired.

Some people just can't be anything but ignorant and mean. They just have no consideration and no filter between their brain and mouth. But more to the point, she has no power in your life, and you know who you are and what you've accomplished, and she can't take that from you. She's just a sad mean little person.
chubbybunny29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:31 PM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

Wow, people SUCK!
I'm very sorry she said that to you.

And I would have made a snarky, biting comment, but I'm shallow that way!

You must try not to let this bozo depress you. The world is FULL of idiots, we just cant let them get to us like that, especially strangers. It's harder when people who "care" about us say stupid stuff, but strangers... F'em!

Is the store on YELP? They'd get a HECK of a review from me

Try to put it OUT of your mind and Feel Better!
BlueFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:39 PM   #8  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Eh, probably the best thing you can do is let it roll off your back. You know the whole "don't sink down to her level" bit that you heard from your parents? it's true.

the best "revenge" is living a good life and being happy. you have the ability to choose what you let negatively affect you. if you feel good about yourself for the weightloss that you've already had, don't feel the need to justify that to other people. just keep your chin up.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

I totally understand how terrible this must have felt.

One thing to keep in mind is that perceptions of themselves can be WAY off. When I was at my high weight I thought I was a lot smaller than some of my friends, but then I'd see pictures, or see their clothing size and realize I was in fact much bigger.

This girl probably see's herself as smaller than you, even if she is much larger. So this is clearly her problem and not yours!

Great job on the loss so far, keep it Up!
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:02 PM   #10  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Eh in one ear and out the other- don't let her get to you, though I would have said "they fit fine, they are just cheap" and walked away lol.

Honestly though- you are a big girl, you don't need your bf to stand up for you- it wasn't some guy who was going to beat you up but a girl who made a snide comment. I wouldn't have been upset with your bf- if my husband had said something I probably would have been like I appreciate the gesture but I can take care of myself hun
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:35 PM   #11  
Beautiful Underneath

S/C/G: 220/211.8/110

Height: 5'4''

Wow, thank you all so very much for your encouragement! I really appreciate it and I hope no one ever has to run into this situation.
Bellissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:59 PM   #12  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

That was a rude, snide thing for her to say...she definitely is unsecure about herself and was trying to make herself feel good compared to someone else...and it's sucky that she is in a customer service position! And a poop-poor employee.

It would have also hurt my feelings at the time, I probably would have slunk away, but then i would have gotten really, REALLY mad and thought of things to say to her. And I might have gone back and told her those things but I am immature that way

YOU just keep on keepin on, you are doing great and in the future you can pick any damn costume you want and rock it!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:45 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

A co-worker of mine was shopping for a dress at TJ Maxx the other week and ANOTHER COSTUMER actually told her that the dress she was looking at would be a good one to buy b/c it would hide her large butt!!! Can you believe the nerve of some people!?!?!? My co-worker is a size 10, by the way.

She was probably jealous. I think you should go back there in a really hot outfit and tell her what a jealous cow she is. Okay, maybe not...but admit it, it made you smirk. LOL

Seriously, you are making REAL progress and you were proud of that...don't let this foolish little girl get you down. She's obviously a jealous and bitter person. As my grandfather used to say, she is to be pitied.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:06 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 158/148/140

Height: 5'4"

That is awful. I would have probably called the manager to report the employee.
WibblyWobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:37 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 266.2/See ticker/133.0

Height: 5'5

Wow. I definitely would have said something snarky.

"Um, 'scuse me, but you should probably be more careful what you say to customers. That was really insulting, and you're lucky I'm not the type to call a manager over. And not that it's any of your business, but these fit me just fine. I'd appreciate if you wouldn't project your insecurities onto me. Kthnxbye!"

But I'm a b****, so.
DaughterOfVenus is offline   Reply With Quote