South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-09-2010, 04:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default South Beach Success stories of 180+

I'd like stories of those who've lost 180lbs and how long it took them. Thanks!
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:53 PM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Okie

I originally thought, "I can't share my "success story" with you because I don't fit into your parameters", however with a bit more reflection I would imagine that I have actually lost 180 pounds. My 180 pound loss goes more like this;
1976-lost 15 (starting weight 130)
1981-lost 20 (starting weight 155)
1986-lost 25 (starting weight 183)
1994-lost 15 (starting weight 175)
2003-lost 30 (starting weight 275)
2007-lost 20 (starting weight 250)
2008-lost 16 (starting weight 230)
2009-lost 34 (starting weight 232)
2010-lost 7 (starting weight 198)
I didn't add it up before hand....hmmm...it's 182 pounds total, but my net loss from my high weight is only 84 pounds...I just kept yo-yoing over and over again. An interesting note-at every one of those weights I "felt fat". A really good move would have been to maintainat 155...or even at 183. I do remember that once the scale hit 199 for the first time that I quit caring....for years.

When I started this final journey in 2003 I decided that however I took the path that I was going to stop the cycle of hard fought losses followed by bigger gains. With that mentality, every time I lose another 5 pounds, I am a maintainer at that weight. I have rules that I follow which assure me that I'm not going back where I came from.
1) I do not engage in binge eating with off plan foods-EVER. I'm talking about full fledged round the clock eating.
2) I post here every single day, and if I'm having a problem I PM a 3FC friend (and I have plenty here).

In retrospect, the pounds I lost between 2003 and 2008 were extremely hard fought. I started SBD, but didn't stick to it. Had I started with SBD and stuck with it in 2003, I have no doubt I would have hit goal years ago. Had I found 3FC in 2003 and committed to daily posting, I think I would have stuck with SBD. The weight I lost when I followed SBD consistently in 2009(with 3FC) was the easiest period of weight loss I have experienced.

Why am I not racing to the finish line(goal)? It's ok today for me to settle into the "new me" and enjoy life a little bit.

Why did I not pick a much lower goal weight? I want this to be about success this time. When I get to my first goal (which is overweight-not obese), I will reevaluate.

The maintainers forum has lots of great info for maintaining. Here is a thread I thought was very powerful. I read it over and over again.http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/livi...ver-again.html

I hope any of this helps!

Your friend (maintainer in training),
Deb

PS perhaps by rephrasing your question you would get alot more feedback...just a thought...
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:04 PM   #3  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

You may try to look in the archives but I am not sure there are any current beachers on the thread who have lost 180lbs right now. Im not saying there haven't been but there seems to be a bigger group of regular posters here and a bunch of newbies, and I don't know that any of our regulars have lost that much... well, and most newbies are just starting

Check out this link... it will give you an idea depending on how hard you work at it to how long it could possibly take- GOAL CHART
Really gives some perspective on how much sooner a goal can be reached if you work hard!

Hope this helps some! If you are looking for motivation- check out the goal stories on the main page- that always motivates me!
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:40 PM   #4  

Thanks everyone, u are a big help!
Old 09-13-2010, 04:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I don't fit into the category that you have asked for, but thought I would share some tips that I have learned along the way. I think these are just tips for over-all healthiness. Not everyone may see things the way I do, but this is what works for me.

1. Don't drink calories. I stick to mainly water and throw in a Diet Coke each day. I typically avoid alcohol.
2. Stay away from box/pre-packaged foods.
3. Find healthy, SB approved, yummy foods that you love! Healthy doesn't have to equal boring or bland.
4. Research menus and nutrition facts before eating out. Some people will avoid eating out altogether while on their diet journey. I don't believe in doing this, you still have to live life, right? When I know i'll be eating out, I will study the menu online first. You can find the nutritional facts for most restaurants somewhere online. I have found that if I read over everything, it is easier for me to avoid the off plan foods when I see that they have 5,000 grams of fat.
5. This is not a diet, but a lifestyle change.
6. Try new recipes whenever possible. If you get bored with what you are eating, you are more likely to fall off-plan.
7. Plan your meals in advance. I plan a week in advance so I know what to get at the grocery store. You can plan daily, weekly or monthly, but I think planning is a big key. It helps to avoid those "I'mstarvingIdon'tknowwhatIwanttoeatI'lljustmaketh isboxofmac-n-cheese" moments.
8. And of course, from SB 101 - avoid white products.

Good luck on your journey!

Last edited by jenn33082; 09-13-2010 at 04:17 PM.
jenn33082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:53 PM   #6  

Thanks J!