3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Newbie Here! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/211784-newbie-here.html)

chubbybunny29 09-05-2010 10:13 PM

Newbie Here!

Hello All!

I wanted to introduce myself, I'm new here. I bought the SBD book last weekend and started on Monday. So its now been 6 days, and I've lost just less than 6lbs!

I am about 8 months from my 30th birthday, and I've decided that I need to finally get my act together with my weight. I have always been heavy, but its gotten worse in the last few years, and I'm tired of it. My dad was diagnosed with diabetes last year, and I'm not interested in following in his footsteps in that regard (though I'm happy to report, he's lost 60lbs and is in great shape). My big big big goal is to have a weight that starts with 1 on my 30th birthday. I will be happy if I'm 199.9 on that day! So this gives me 8 months to lose about 66lbs. Totally doable!

Anyway, just wanted to stop in, say and hi and that I'm excited to have access to the support and information on this forum!

Jojoboo 09-06-2010 05:18 AM

Welcome Chubbybunny29,

I am new also. I only started yesterday... so in that respect I am very very very new!

Well done on your 6lb loss though so far! Thats Great. Keep it up!

I will look forward to hearing from you on the threads.

~ Jo ~

cottagebythesea 09-06-2010 06:57 AM

:welcome: to The Beach, Chubbybunny! We're happy that you've decided to join us here and look forward to getting to know you. With your positive attitude and determination to stay on-plan, I'm confident that you'll be seeing a '1' at the beginning of your weight by the time your birthday rolls around.

Good luck!

WaistingTime 09-06-2010 08:11 AM

Nice to meet you! Sounds like you are doing great so far:)

audri8301 09-06-2010 08:14 AM

Welcome ChubbyBunny! This site is a great resource full of helpful info and friendly people. Keep up the good work!

murphmitch 09-06-2010 10:30 AM

Glad to have you on the beach chubbybunny! You will love it here!

chubbybunny29 09-06-2010 09:45 PM

Thanks everyone! Its really helpful to have people to talk to, and ask questions of. I remember years ago when I lost 50lbs on Carb Addicts, that one of the biggest motivators was a forum much like this!

Hope everyone had a great long weekend!

BellaLucia 09-06-2010 11:34 PM

Catch me on Facebook: [email protected] is my email. Good luck on this journey. Today is the second day for me and I feel better!

jewels2730 09-07-2010 04:41 PM

Hi Chubby bunny!

I feel like we have a lot of similarities! I began a little bit heavier than you, but in 3 months have lost 20 lbs. I'm 28 and 5'4. I am totally sick of being heavy and want to fit back in normal sizes, even if it's a 14! I'd like to lose more, but I am accepting the fact that it's coming off slower than I wanted it to. I'm dying to break 260 and see the 5's... and I'm aiming to lose another 20 lbs by the Jan 1st.

I check the forum every once in a while, but I'd love to keep up with how you are doing so keep posting!

Lexxiss 09-07-2010 08:19 PM

Welcome!

chubbybunny29 09-10-2010 06:03 PM

Jewel - I started losing weight at 279.8 so I was right where you started! I lost 30lbs on weight watchers, then put over 20 back on, and now I'm coming back down again with South Beach.

I too am desperate for a the 250's...but really what I want short term is 249...to know I'd have to round down to 200 :) lol

I'm down about 8lbs in the last week and a half, so I'm happy, though I bounced up about a half a pound in teh last couple of days, I'm making sure to eat my veggies and whatnot. I think its because I went back onto my birth control after a week off, so I'm thinking that 0.5lb is pure annoying estrogen lol In any case, I'm not worried about it. It'll come off soon enough (well not soon enough - is it ever soon enough? :) ) I am just happy, I have a cruise in early November and I had a pair of jeans I wanted to be into by then, and they already fit!