3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Staying On-Plan, 8/9 - 9/5 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/211278-staying-plan-8-9-9-5-a.html)

CyndiM 08-30-2010 05:19 AM

Staying On-Plan, 8/9 - 9/5

It's time for a new week of talking On-Plan!

Anyone, from any phase (1, 1.5, 2, 3, etc.) can post, and those who are new to 3FC are especially encouraged to do so!
This thread is for questions, sharing advice and strategies, and encouraging each other to stay on plan. It is not for chatting about daily life unrelated to this topic. Members have indicated that they would like to have chatting remain in the Daily Thread, so any posts that are off topic or chatty will be moved by the mods to the Daily.
Because people from different parts of the plan are posting here, it'll help everyone if you indicate what phase you're in when you post. Thanks!
While you may certainly find, from time to time, the need to ask for help after going off plan, remember that this thread is about staying on plan. When you share details of off plan foods you've eaten, it can upset, tempt, and otherwise frustrate other members, so please keep these details to a minimum.

So, share with us: How are you staying on plan this week?

cinnycinda 08-30-2010 06:10 AM

Good morning everyone.....After one week, I've lost 6 lbs. However, yesterday, I had cravings. I don't know why it was weird. I did stay on plan and looking forward to week 2 of phase one.

Hope veryone has a great Monday!

Cin

zeffryn 08-30-2010 09:20 AM

i feel like a balloon this morning. a lot of water weight put on over the weekend (and i was OP the entire weekend). It must be TOM.

-
plan is to include a LOT of water

1: smoothie (blueberries, almond milk, handful of spinach, yogurt)
2: veggie soup
3: chia fresca, bell peppers and cucumbers
4: tuna and white bean salad (greek yogurt in the dressing) over spinach, tomatoes and cucumbers

Lexxiss 08-30-2010 11:19 AM

P 1.5
Pre-B-Peach
1 c coffee w/coconut creamer
B-Green Smoothie
S-almonds, only if needed
L-Spinach salad, w/veggies, HB egg and turkey bacon
S-FF Plain yogurt w/ pumpkin pie spice
D-Crack slaw, w/tofu
S-SF jello

EmmaD 08-30-2010 11:35 AM

Phase 1

B - chai tea with unsweetened almond milk
Yoga class + walking to/from
delicious Mediterranean omelet with one whole egg/one egg white plus spinach, 1T lowfat cream cheese, some sundried tomato slices and a crumble of lowfat feta; low sodium vegetable juice
L - taco salad with homemade refried beans; leftover zucchini gratin
S - red pepper/broc/caul with hummus
S2 - Laughing Cow light with celery
D - tuna steaks, lemon/thyme/walnut green beans, tomato/mozzarella salad
dessert - nonfat Greek yogurt, raw almonds

summersbluepits 08-30-2010 01:34 PM

Phase 1:

My plan to stay on Phase 1 this week is:

Early preperation. Today will be a 15 hour day between work and school, so at 4am I made chili for dinner 2nite, when I arrive home at 9pm to eat it.
To help with cravings I bought the fudgecicles, which really helped yesterday.
This weekend I will be canning green beans to take to work with leftover protien for lunches.

My meals today are:

Breakfast: 1 egg 2 whites omlette with hatch green chili's and a little swiss
Lunch: Salmon filet in balsamic vinegar and sliced cucumbers and tomatoes
Dinner: Chili with organic grassfed lean beef
Snack: Hard boiled egg
If anyone can give me some different ideas for snacks I would most appreciate it. I think I'm overdoing the dairy and need some new options. I'm about veggied out. So anything else you can think of LOL.

KO 08-30-2010 04:04 PM

Ph 2
Breakfast
4 oz almond milk 4 oz coconut milk (I ran out of almond and they were out of unsweetened @ the store)
1 cup sliced frozen strawberries
1 tbsp flax oil
1 scoop low carb choc protein
am snack
GF mighty tasty hot cereal From Bob's red mill made savory with a hb egg on top
Lunch
2 hb eggs and a cup and a half of mixed baby greens

PM snack if i get to it
baby carrots 2 tbsp almond butter (going over the nut allowance a bit)

Dinner Chicken with roasted garlic tomato sauce brown rice and sauteed zucch

summersbluepits 08-30-2010 04:16 PM

KO what is the cereal you are talking about? For Phase 2

Usernametaken 08-30-2010 07:53 PM

Hello all! So glad I found this website--great place for accountability! Here's how I did today:

Phase 2
B-Kashi go Lean cereal
L-Veggie soup and leftover meatloaf
D-Turkey Pastrami and red cabbage slaw wrappend in a Flatout

Post workout snack (if needed)- Hard boiled egg

Summersbluepits- My favorite snack is pistacios. 30 of them equals one serving, and if you get the kind in shells it takes a while to eat them all, so very satisfying. Costco sells some delicious ones--the brand is Everybody's Nuts or Totally Nuts or something like that. The Salt & Black Pepper ones are really yummy.

CyndiM 08-30-2010 08:44 PM

Today went pretty well considering the sudden midday collapse of my original plan. It was yet another reminder to always, always carry healthy snacks in case of emergency. We were supposed to meet at a restaurant I am familiar with. My lunch was planned based on their menu. Restaurant was closed, met elsewhere then planned database training after so lunch wasn't until 2. At least I now know where the Co-op is, so can always find quick food.

Phase 2
B: hemp powder smoothie with fruit & zucchini
L: sandwich on whole grain bread with artichoke spread, avocado, a thin slice of cheese and veggies; half a pint of cherry tomatoes (my go to on the road veggie!)
S: peach
D: fresh edamame beans, sauteed patty pan squash
S: sf creamsicle

murphmitch 08-30-2010 10:05 PM

Phase II (More like Phase 1.5 for me most days)

B: V8, 2 hard boiled eggs
S: RF cheese stick
L: Huge salad with black beans
S: Tall skinny hazelnut latte
D: Taco Bake
S: Carrots, hummus, almond butter

zeffryn 08-31-2010 08:38 AM

Go away, TOM! this stubborn water weight is a pain in the butt.

-

again, lots of water

1: greek yogurt, flax and walnuts
2: edamame and yellow squash sauteed with a little braggs and mrs. dash
3: (on the road) packed a bag with bell pepper strips, cucumbers and cherries
4: (at a restaurant) salad with grilled adobo chicken

honeysox 08-31-2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summersbluepits (Post 3459462)
Phase 1:

My plan to stay on Phase 1 this week is:

Early preperation. Today will be a 15 hour day between work and school, so at 4am I made chili for dinner 2nite, when I arrive home at 9pm to eat it.
To help with cravings I bought the fudgecicles, which really helped yesterday.
This weekend I will be canning green beans to take to work with leftover protien for lunches.

My meals today are:

Breakfast: 1 egg 2 whites omlette with hatch green chili's and a little swiss
Lunch: Salmon filet in balsamic vinegar and sliced cucumbers and tomatoes
Dinner: Chili with organic grassfed lean beef
Snack: Hard boiled egg
If anyone can give me some different ideas for snacks I would most appreciate it. I think I'm overdoing the dairy and need some new options. I'm about veggied out. So anything else you can think of LOL.

Turkey pepperoni makes a great snack. Almonds (limited of course). Edamame.

zeffryn 08-31-2010 11:45 AM

Ah, Honey! Thanks for reminding me that I have edamame in the freezer. I know what I'm having for lunch today!

EmmaD 08-31-2010 01:06 PM

mmmm, edamame! That's on my short list of things to always have on hand

Phase 1, Day 2
Working at home day, so lots of time for cooking.

B - Ricotta muffin(s), chai black tea with almond milk
L - Tofurkey roll up with light cream cheese, green onion and roasted red pepper
S- random split peas that I was cooking for the stuffed peppers, nonfat Greek yogurt with raw almonds
S2 - smoothie made with unsweetened almond milk, cocoa powder, Truvia, plain soy protein powder and some peanut flour... mmmm...
D - Stuffed red peppers with veggie crumbles (hubby's will have meat and rice) and split peas, topped with bechamel sauce (thickened without flour!), roasted pattypan squash with shallots and thyme, side spinach salad
dessert - nuttin'