South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-22-2010, 11:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 133/133/120

Height: 5'7

Default Who's startin' with me? 8-23?

Ok im a huge fan of SB and starting it tomorrow because I have exactly to weeks till Chicago where im reuniting with an old friend that I havnt seen in two years. Very nervous and have been putting it off because the last time he saw me I was definitly tiny. Just looking to lose 10 pds anymore wld be great. What are some good tips and foods I can buy? I do Zumba as well 4 times a week... who is my support team?
livinonthebeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:08 PM   #2  
Celiac Diva

S/C/G: 187/185/145

Height: 5'7"

I'm here for support! Started today actually but close enough. This site has all sorts of great tips for food and recipes, check it out. I just made the SB Fish Chowder with Kale and it was wonderful!
LastingOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:29 PM   #3  

That is close enough! I will def try that. I'm a nanny so its hard to resist ice-cream and things like that while the girls eat those. But I have a reason and a goal now...I drink alot of crystal light... I hope thats ok. What do you typically eat for breakfast besides eggs? Eating breakfast is going to be the hardest for me. I do love my coffee too...
Old 08-22-2010, 11:58 PM   #4  
Celiac Diva

S/C/G: 187/185/145

Luckily we don't have to forego our coffee since that is something I cannot give up!

Unfortunately I cannot post links because I'm too new, but if you go to the top of the front page of the SBD forum, you'll see various links with recipe ideas for each course and phase. There are great tips for non-egg breakfasts.

Last edited by LastingOne; 08-22-2010 at 11:59 PM.
LastingOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:27 AM   #5  
Chubby Chick

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5,4

im with you. i just had my right ovary removed due to a 7cm cysts and my left ovary has poly cystic ovary syndrome. so since my doctor told me to lose weight and low carb is a good way of controlling PCOS i decided to do south beach again.
helwa588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/188/145

Height: 5'8"

I'm starting very close to you. I started last Wednesday and could use some support as well.

Last edited by Mrs Bee; 08-23-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Mrs Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:09 AM   #7  

Alright ladies! How did we do today? I am a nanny so despite all of my temptations with the girls and what they ate i did pretty good?

Breakfast: SF Vanilla/Coffee Light Frapp
Lunch: 2 String Cheese and some turkey pepperoni
Dinner: Turkey Dog and some broccoli with cheese
Glass of Dry Red Wine and a Luna low carb Protein bar for snack(after dinner)
Also drank Sprite Zero and Water today

Exercise: Chasing the girls around and Zumba Class(my new obsession)
Old 08-24-2010, 05:48 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Livinh - Have you read the book? It's really important to understand how this plan works. You will add more vegetables, low fat dairy and some healthy snacks. That will really help you stay full and detox all the unhealthy sugar and processed carbs. A clean Phase 1 makes a huge difference to your long term success, curbs the cravings and just plain makes it easier to make good choices.

The red wine isn't allowed until Phase 2 and I don't think the Luna bar is ever allowed though I've never actually seen low carb Luna bars.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 182/168/135

Height: 5'5

I started today also! So far so good. I am single and live alone and am worried about making satisfying meals for one on a budget. I was also recently diagnosed with PCOS and need to lose some weight so all encouragement is welcome!
futureskinnygirl10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:34 AM   #10  

Yes Livin - it's great to have a goal but this isn't meant to be a short term weight loss plan. I think people are very attracted to the idea that you can lose up to 10 lbs. on Phase 1, but a lot of that is water weight and not real weight - the fat comes off in the following weeks as the scale may or may not reflect a loss. As with any diet, it will not work unless you approach it as a lifestyle change. Luckily SB is very doable for life which makes it different from so many other plans.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:36 AM   #11  

One more thing - at your height (5'7") 133 is actually probably a little underweight, so I don't know if your goal of 120 is realistic. From my calculations your "ideal" weight is 135, and you already weigh less than that, especially for someone so active.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:41 PM   #12  

Hi I'm a bit late to join but as this is going to be a long term thing I don't think it matters. So Hi from Australia . I have been thinking of South Beach for quite awhile and have been buying food that should be on the phase 1 list so tommorrow morning will make the start I'm not an egg morning person but like eggs so once breakfast is past I will feel better . I need to learn how to make a ticker lol . Cheers Shirley
luvs_violets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:48 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

I believe what you did is you've loaded it as your profile pic instead of your avatar. Your avatar is what shows up below your name when you post while your profile pic is what shows up on the right hand side of the screen when you view your profile. Hope this helps!!!

Last edited by Natasha1534; 08-27-2010 at 04:48 AM.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:23 PM   #14  

U started ib 8-27 with you and I have about 80 lbs to lose! Good LUCK!
summersbluepits is offline   Reply With Quote