1. allowed veggies are unlimited, just watch added fat, cheese, etc
2. I always opt for veggies or beans first but that's just my opinion
3. you will find as many opinions about that as members. I'll try to find you a few old discussions about that
4. beans are not limited as long as there is no sugar added. The serving suggestion is more about the ability of your digestive system to adjust to the added fiber. I ate beans at most meals while losing and still eat them every day often more than once.
5. Avoiding added sugar will definitely help you detox and get past the cravings.
Baby steps, losing the holiday excess first.
Maintaining 48 lb loss since 2008, working off regain to a sensible maintenance level. 60+ lbs and counting!