South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 06:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Morning Coffee Chat

Is it Monday already?

The mornings are definitely feeling cooler these last few weeks of August. I opened the French doors onto the porch, but quickly closed them again!
I can take my time going over to the farm this morning. The girls have eye doctor appointments, and Cindy is taking them shopping for school clothes afterwards. I can get the house tidied up from the weekend while they're gone, then we can do something fun before it's time for piano lessons.

Only 4 days to go until vacation!
Old 08-23-2010, 06:40 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage It was a wonderful sleeping night here too. I can't believe I'm already looking in my closet and pulling tops out for winter storage! It turns so quickly.

I'm off for another training day today. I like the person I'm traveling with but I've adapted to her habits way too much. It will be better when I'm on my own. We aren't meeting until 9 so I want to get peppers into the dehydrator first. Now that it's cooler I want it running around the clock.

I'm celebrating cool weather with lentil soup in the crockpot. I love crockpot dinners
Old 08-23-2010, 07:37 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! I slept until after seven. I must be practising up for vacation in 4 days! It's cool and still raining so it's a bit hard to get enthused about going to the gym this morning. It may be Tuesday and Thursday this week!

Dinner with my friend last night was lovely but I was appalled at the massive size of the servings. I did my best with my prime rib but brought home enough beef for two more meals with doggie treats. Good thing the Kingston Whig Standard was paying for it! "X" (she has to stay incognito) appreciated my help and wants me to do it again in September for lunch at the same place. She has an interesting job and is thin as a rail.

Today I will tackle the pile of Mill accounting on my desk and also do a bank deposit if the grant cheque arrives in today's mail. Tomorrow I have Book Club here and need to figure out the snacks. I might do stuffed potato skins since we just read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Next book we read is The Help, I think.

Yup, summer is winding down. As I wash summer things, I'm putting them on the guest room bed rather than in the closet. ** Sigh **

Time for more coffee.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:37 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Linda, thanks for getting us started, yes, it is Monday already. Glad to hear you don't have to rush this AM. We were really cool a week ago, but it's back to being warmer in the morning which is exactly what my tomatoes need.

Cyndi, happy travels! I hope you are able to get your dehydrator into full gear. With peaches coming on here, we're going to have to keep ours going non stop in order to keep up.

It was good that Kirk decided not to pick tomatoes yesterday or the racks would have been full when our friend showed up with all the wild mushrooms. I just checked and last nights load is dry. I have more to process but I'm going to cook a sample of the ones we froze to see if it's worth it to freeze more. Dog walking this AM and biking to the pool before a 10am meeting. Thank goodness I got my computer issues figured out-I can focus on what really needs to be done.

Have a great OP day everyone!

ETA- Hi Ruth! I was hoping you were getting some much needed rest! *sigh* I'm starting into some of my fall routines, too.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-23-2010 at 07:39 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

These Mondays DO roll around pretty fast it seems! I'm looking forward to some cooler mornings this week as well, but the ragweed should be kicking in anytime now unfortunately.

Ruth - I liked The Help a lot. (I heard it is going to be a movie.) We just read The 19th Wife and meet to discuss it at my house next week. I am already thinking about what to serve!

Hi Linda, Cyndi, and Debbie

I really need to keep my eye on the clock now since my son is back in school and may need a little help waking up some days. So far though he has managed it himself. Bike ride later. Maybe will drag my oldest out to buy some new clothes.

Have a great day all.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi - I hope you're liking your new job. Is it very much like your other one? Lentil soup does sound good. My butternut and acorn squash are coming in fast, and I'm looking forward to some yummy soups once the weather stays cool all day. It still heats up pretty much during the day.

Debbie - I live in the mushroom capital of the world and should consider drying mushrooms. I bet they'd really add some flavor to soups and pasta sauce. We did up a big batch of peaches a few weeks ago, and now I'm looking forward to making dried apple rings. I'm glad you got your computer issues straightened out. I have to take my desktop in for repairs once I get back from vacation.

Ruth, I was amazed at the portions at the restaurant we went to last night, too! Jake managed to eat every bite of his, but I brought home more than 1/2 of mine. That's going to be his supper tonight, since it's not quite SBD friendly. I loved reading The Help. How did you like The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society? I noticed Susie has that book on her nightstand, and wondered how good it is? Have you started packing yet? I'm looking forward to sleeping in and doing whatever we feel like for a whole week!

Morning, Karen!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 08-23-2010 at 08:08 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:52 AM   #7  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning ladies- I am about to head to the airport, visiting the grandparents this week... Hoping some nicer cooler weather while I am there... and that DH doesn't kill my plants while I am gone

Think I will be able to check in from there, they have the internet and I should also be getting my new phone which I am hoping will work well with checking in here

Hope ya'll have a great OP day! I got mine off to a good start with leftover mexican from last night...

Linda- I don't know that I ever realized you were from the mushroom capital- We're up in West Chester a lot- that's where DH's family is from... they used to have a deli in Eagle...we usually head into Thorndale at least once for dinner while we are there

Last edited by rdw1; 08-23-2010 at 08:56 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:28 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ladies!
Cottage it was chili here too! but unearthing fall clothes means delving into boxes I have to find first so Shivering makes you burn calories right?
Cyn the new job sounds like its suiting you! it's so easy to adapt to someone elses habits here's hoping she's snagged your healthy ones!

Ruth Restaurant portions are what i call Linebacker size! hooray for yummy leftovers less cooking before vacay!
Debbie I'm fully envious of your pantry!
Karen I think I'm going to live in a bubble when the rag weed hits!
Rikki have a great time with your fam!

Me I actually planned out my food today hooray eating wise the weekend was not a full travesty but pretty darn close Ladies night friday (and I now have purple fingernails) My mom's on Saturday she had knee surg so I wanted to spoil her.
Now I'm just sleepy and want soup!
It's day 1 ph 2 (basically ph 1 with carrots and strawberries but a spades a spade) So I'm raring to go and probably get some ginger tea
:Coffee: Have a great day chicks!
Kierie
Old 08-23-2010, 01:20 PM   #9  
honeysox

S/C/G: 216/207/150

Height: 5'4"

Morning all! Very late signing on today, company's here. Which also means I ate BAD STUFF last night. I'd hope to stuff myself w/ green beans but I over-salted them and could only eat a few bites. (Everyone else loved them, which means my body is revolting in yet another way. I used to be a salt freak!)

I am going to start exercising this week. I'll take any and all suggestions for how to stick to a routine! (How did you decide on bike-riding, Karen? I have a bike but I never ride it.)

Have a lovely Monday.

~~Sally
Old 08-23-2010, 01:25 PM   #10  
Celiac Diva

S/C/G: 187/185/145

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies, had a lovely breakfast with my partner. Now I'm going to the next town over to hike with my dog before I start work. It's a historical town, very lovely. Would live there if we didn't have a mortgage here. Check it out- Jacksonville, OR. It's a great place to visit. Have a great morning all!
Old 08-23-2010, 01:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Sally - It took me years to build up an exercise routine. Walking is one of the easiest ways to start and takes very little money other than buying a good pair of shoes. I also like going to classes at my gym - I am much more motivated to work out in a group! Try a bunch of things to see what you like. I settled on biking because it is non-impact. About seven years ago I started having foot problems and turns out that step aerobics (which I love) three times a week had done me in. I am also not a runner for the same reason, but I know that is a great favorite for a lot of exercisers. BTW - I ride with my husband; not sure I would be motivated enough to get it done on my own! And in the "off season" I take indoor cycling class.

Good luck!
Old 08-23-2010, 02:09 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/188/145

Height: 5'8"

Hello, I am new to the South Beach Diet and to 3fatchicks.com. I started South Beach Diet Phase 1 last wednesday and have so far lost 2 lbs. While, I am excited to begin my weight loss journey, I am scared I will slip back into the old me. I guess this is understandable.
I wondered where do you all get the weight tracker under your comments. I would like to have one so I could monitor my weight loss, but can't seem to find it on the site. Like I said, I'm new so if anyone could help me out, I'd more than appreciate it.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:08 PM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Mrs Bee. You will be able to get a weight tracker when you have been here for 20 days and have 20 posts.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:22 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 190/182/150

Height: 5'8"

Good Monday morning all!

I have been liking Mondays the past couple weeks, I get into my work, diet, workout routine and everything flows easily!
Went to the river this weekend and am very proud of myself! I ate on plan the whole weekend and even had a chance to get in a workout on Saturday. Only gained 1.4lbs from the Lemon Drops (lemon juice, vodka, Splenda) that I drank. I'm hoping that with some salmon and asparagus for dinner and a nice workout that I'll be back to 184.8 by tomorrow (wishful thinking). I really think this is the way to go for me; after maintenance last time I relly struggled to stay strict and when I fell off the wagon I was dying for some bad foods so maybe if I allow myself a cheat day on the weekends then I'll be able to stick to SBD this time.

Wish me luck!

Good Monday to you all!
Old 08-23-2010, 07:16 PM   #15  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Very warm today again here, but it's supposed to cool down tomorrow for a few days with highs in the upper 70's. Had a really stressful day at work teaching a new computer program. Glad that's over for a week before I have to do it again! Glad I had leftovers waiting when I got home. There were no boiled eggs in the cafeteria today, so I had to have scrambled ones (they're the pasteurized liquid kind that don't have much flavor). Then I didn't have time to get my usual huge salad at lunch. Trying to get my extra veggies in tonight. I have tomorrow off & would like to get some outside yard work done. Lots of weeds need pulling in my flower beds & with the cooler temps it should be more pleasant. May go look at wedding dresses with DD2.

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society is one of the books in a basket next to my bed that I started & haven't finished. I enjoyed reading it & need to pick it up again.

Welcome Mrs Bee! Lots of new people here lately. Hope you all had a great SB day!
Closed Thread