Best Dinner Ever

• this might supposed to go under recipes...but not sure....please feel free to move if so...

we watch ALOT of food network and man vs food around here. we saw an episode with a cheese filled burger YUM. so i decided to make my own version.

Cheese Filled Turkey Burgers and no Lettuce Salad was our menu!!
    Turkey Burgers:
    1lb lean ground turkey
    in a bowl I combined worchesiter, yellow mustard, and ketchup(bad i know!), bread crumbs and turkey. ( i know not all the ingredients are sb friendly,...but they can def be substituted.)

i took lf cheese and built the burger around the cheese mound. then cook on a pan on the stove top. i covered with a lid to get the steam effect and it was amazing! i served mine on a bed of lettuce.

No Lettuce Salad:

1 can chick peas
    1 can red kidney beans
    cucumber sliced
    cherry tomatoes sliced
    shredded carrots
    green peppers roughly chopped

combine the above ingredients in a bowl, add oil and vinegar. cumin, salt, pepper, adobe light seasoning.

DELISH! I brought it for lunch today with ls deli turkey and cheese!

hope you enjoy as much as we did!
  • Sounds yummy, Jackie, and if you use sugar free ketchup and ww bread crumbs, perfectly compliant with SB. You should post it in the recipes. There's also another version of a stuffed turkey burger in the recipes you might want to try too - blue cheese in the middle and soaked in red wine, they are soo good! I think they're called blue moon burgers.
  • Oh yes I have been doing this for years, sans bread crumbs and ketchup. I just take the ground turkey add garlic powder and cayenne or cajun then form and put some cheddar in the middle, they taste amazing with buffalo sauce on them
  • There's a recipe around here somewhere for SBD ketchup made with tomato paste, vinegar, splenda, and a few spices. It's DELICIOUS and better than regular ketchup I think.
  • I think I'm making that tonight!
  • I make a spicy bleu cheeseburger (recipe has already been posted) that is also very good. Some people don't like bleu cheese, but you could always substitute some other cheese for it.