South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-01-2019, 08:34 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default August 2019 Thread South Beach

Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit! Thinking of you Ruth!

Good morning and welcome to another month on the Beach. Feel free to join us we are a small group and have not been checking in daily but we do check in.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 08:38 AM   #2  

Good morning,

Another beautiful day here, yesterday got my Mammo and first shingle shot. My arm is sore from the shot, hopefully will be gone soon. I have to get the second shot in 2 months which falls right when DD2 wedding in St. Thomas is. I may wait until we get back to get it, depending on how long my arm is sore this time. Last night after work, I touched up the deck paint, not quite finished but ran out of paint so will need to run and get another can of paint. I also touched up on weeding so it doesn't get so bad again. Scale went down again today after another successful day op, so I am like Beth back to pre vacation weight from early June. I am hoping for another 3 lbs this month.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-01-2019, 10:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 194/170/135

Height: 5'4"

Hello August!
Thanks for getting a new month started, Pearlrose. A St Thomas destination wedding sounds amazing!
Beth, I bet your fresh blueberries are especially delicious. I'm thinking ricotta pancakes...yum!
I spent most of the day in the kitchen yesterday mixing up gazpacho with fresh local mkt tomatoes, Kayln's pesto with my own basil (I do grow herbs in pots & it's the best season I've had here) & an awesome Greek yogurt marinade for skinless chicken DH grilled. Once again, wine was too tempting with those dishes & I did enjoy a couple glasses. We usually have a crisp Pinot Grigio in the refrig in the summer. I try to cut back on other extras when I do indulge. Not feeling too bad, but realize it makes losing even slower.
I was hoping to see some meteor showers the last couple nights, but it's been cloudy here at night. Today looks nice for now & my calendar's wide open! I'm off to enjoy!!
Hope all ya'll do too✌
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 01:41 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon chicks.
This morning I went for a walk and picked up a few things at the grocery store, now I am in a holding pattern waiting for the AC serviceman. Although we have not had any problems the past few days the unit was leaking this past weekend and we thought it should be checked over. I'm hoping it is just a clog in the drain pipe. Food is on track. I know the next few pounds will come off slowly but I am hoping for 2 more this month.

Cenari, I've got an overabundance of herbs right now. I need to give some away or start chopping and freezing them for winter. And yes, the blueberries are yummy. Mostly I've been enjoying them in my yogurt.
Pearlrose, great job on the food and the painting project as well. I spent Tuesday morning weeding; once a week is about what I need for maintenance.

Enjoy the day all!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 10:52 AM   #5  

Good morning,

Another beautiful morning and my last day wfh for about 12 weeks, so I am enjoying the nice view outside. This weekend need to go school shopping on Saturday since it is tax free weekend and Sunday driving up to meet DD1 for another dress fitting.

Cenari that homemade pesto sounds delish!

Beth hope the ac was not a big deal for you. I love blueberries, like using them in smoothies, but in pancakes would be good. I ordered a paleo pancake mix from Amazon that is made from almound and coconut flour haven't tried out yet.

Old 08-05-2019, 10:27 AM   #6  

Good morning,

Quick check in for me, yesterday was crazy, my mom went to ER because she was having trouble breathing, got released at 1 p.m. mainly dehydrated and low potassium so she will buy a supplement. Thanks goodness that all it was. Then I found out my uncle passed away at 3:30 p.m., sad for his kids and family but he was 89 years old, so good life.

Old 08-06-2019, 04:16 PM   #7  

Good afternoon chicks.
Pearlrose, what a stressful day for you! Sorry to hear about your uncle. Hoping today was better.

Not much to report here. The garden is finally producing. I tried a new zucchini recipe last night which was tasty. Sometimes I think about reducing my veggie garden but I love the fresh tomatoes and cucumbers. Food has been mostly good. I (intentionally) had a bit of a splurge this weekend and of course my weight went up but that is to be expected. Lifestyle not diet, right?

Cenari and Debbie, hope all is well with you.

Have a great rest of the day, chicks.
Old 08-07-2019, 09:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 194/170/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks!
Pearlrose, I'm sorry about your uncle. Losing a family member is never easy. Glad your Mom's ok, were they siblings?
I'm struggling with how far to go with my Mom's healthcare. This week she told me her doc told her to stop all her meds. She knew enough to stay on the most critical, but I am concerned & will call the doc before her next appt.
Beth, what zucchini recipe did you try? There are so many good ones. Our neighbor brought over some blossoms & chard yesterday. He has a hydrophonic thing going & the vegs are beautiful!
My weight's been stuck again. I'll def have maintenance down whenever I get to goal. I should get back to a strict phase 1-1.5. But, we have guests coming Sat for a few days & that wouldn't be much fun. It will be DH's DD & her family's 1st visit since we moved. I'll plan to hold steady until next week.
Have a great day all✌
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 01:28 PM   #9  

Good afternoon,

What a crazy busy week it has been for me but wanted to stop by and check in. My interview was yesterday, I think it went well but it will depend on what he is looking for. We should find out later next week who got positions so either way I will know. Trying to keep food at Phase 1.5 to 2 right now. I sent my doc an email today since I have not heard about the shot for the knee and it has been 3 weeks.

Beth that is definitely what this plan is about lifestyle. I wish I had a garden but just don't have time to take care of it.

Cenari my uncle was my dad's brother. Hope you get your mom's med's straightened out.

Have a great day
Old 08-09-2019, 11:34 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

Ceneri, I hope you get an answer from the Doc regarding your mom's medications. It can be a challenge. Nice recipes you've been trying.

Rose, I hope you finally get an answer one way or the other regarding the new position. I'm sorry to hear of your Uncle's passing. Let us know about the paleo pancakes.

Beth, I have cut down on gardening but never had one as large or as productive as yours. This year our spring and early summer was cool. I am just now starting to get tomatoes in my little greenhouse and will have cukes by next week. Once my cucumbers start I'll have tons. Think I will try canning some pickles since I use them in my work sandwich.

Sorry I'm not here much....just trying to keep up with life these days. I still keep plugging away trying to make good food choices. I have been taking my own lunch to the restaurant now since Dec. 21. Seems it's all about changing habits for me.

We went to the Grand Canyon and it was fun but quick. We have also been going to Glenwood every Sunday night returning on Tuesday which gets me to my water yoga class. That's been nice.

I have also made a decision to work at the restaurant until next May....beginning or end of, I'm not sure. There is a lot of drama there and now that my mom is gone it really messes with my ability to be flexible with travel. When I asked for the Sunday off for Grand Canyon the boss was condescending. After 10 years, I figure that was a bit too rude for me. I'm starting to stash $$ in the "retirement fund". I actually have a good amount already which just needs to cover those large expenses. I had wanted to pay off Laundromat before quitting but think I am ready now. lol

I travel again Aug 21-25. Back to Key West with my Bro. He will be in Colorado for several days so my Sis and I will both accompany him back.

So that's catching up. I'll be back when I get to my computer again.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 10:03 AM   #11  

Good morning chicks and Happy Saturday.

Not much new around here. I'm trying to enjoy the weather and get outside often; we are already halfway through August and I know what comes next in terms of weather.....but we won't talk about that right now! Food has been good; I'm sticking to P1.5 and the scale is slowly moving down. I've been looking for new recipes to try and might try out a few keto recipes, although I would reduce the fat content.

Debbie, good to hear your news. Glad you are doing some traveling and getting in your water aerobics. Our local university used to offer several exercise courses but I think they have greatly reduced those.

Pearlrose, hope you hear about your job and knee soon! Lots of stress for you right now.

Cenari, in a way I've been lucky this month: no visitors and no special events. It makes it SO much easier to stay OP, especially when we are just getting back into the groove.

Our weather is cooler today so I am going to bake some of the breakfast cheesecakes, although I make them an evening snack. I'll also probably make some mini quiches; they work well for my breakfast.

Have a good day all!
Old 08-10-2019, 12:19 PM   #12  

What a good read!
maryw2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 12:37 PM   #13  

Good morning,

Just finished my house chores and also colored my hair, so now I am ready to do something this afternoon. Long week getting used to go into work each day (I know I was spoiled with wfh). Still waiting to hear back from the doc about shot for knee. Just taking it day by day and trying to make good food choices each day.

Debbie glad you were able to check in, it sounds like you have been super busy. Good for you making a decision about work, I hope it all works out for you. Enjoy your time with your brother and sister. I think I am going to try the pancakes tomorrow will let you all know.

Beth I need to make some stuff so I have quick grabs for work for better choices.

Have a great day
Old 08-12-2019, 12:45 AM   #14  

Hi Ladies, I have not posted in a long time but used to. I am needing to get back to South Beach. I have about 30 lbs to shed and unlike last time I have developed an IBS problem which is aggravated by lactose intolerance. So my question is this can we have almond milk or almond milk creamer? It doesn't mess w my stomach & I use it in my coffee. I don't like the taste of soy at all😝 and I didn't see any milk alternatives on the food list or the SB website. Thanks.
pearlygirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 07:18 PM   #15  

Good evening.
Today was another exciting day for me: laundry and yardwork. What a life, right? Weight is steady and and food is mostly OP.

Cenari, I've made 2 zucchini recipes in the last week. The first one was Parmesan style (mix shredded zucchini with LF mozzarella and bake; bread crumb topping optional). The second was the fried zucchini from the P1 recipes. Dip slices in egg white, dust with Parmesan and bake. I was quite excited to find a zucchini plant in my compost pile the other day that had 2 squash ready to pick!

Welcome back Pearlygirly! The P1 food list is under the FAQ sections and almond milk is definitely allowed.
https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd...ay-2008-a.html
Join us often.

Debbie and Pearlrose.
Hope everyone had a good start to their week.

Last edited by Beth19; 08-12-2019 at 07:19 PM.