Staying On Plan August 15-21 :)

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I didn't see a new one so I just copied and pasted from the other one, I hope that is okay. :-)

It's time for a new week of talking On-Plan!

Anyone, from any phase (1, 1.5, 2, 3, etc.) can post, and those who are new to 3FC are especially encouraged to do so!
    This thread is for questions, sharing advice and strategies, and encouraging each other to stay on plan. It is not for chatting about daily life unrelated to this topic. Members have indicated that they would like to have chatting remain in the Daily Thread, so any posts that are off topic or chatty will be moved by the mods to the Daily.
    Because people from different parts of the plan are posting here, it'll help everyone if you indicate what phase you're in when you post. Thanks!
    While you may certainly find, from time to time, the need to ask for help after going off plan, remember that this thread is about staying on plan. When you share details of off plan foods you've eaten, it can upset, tempt, and otherwise frustrate other members, so please keep these details to a minimum.

So, share with us: How are you staying on plan this week?
  • Maintaining:

1. Smoothie:coconut milk, hemp powder, green powder, spinach, carrots, coconut oil, maca, 1/2 banana, 1 date, 1 packet stevia, a chunk of ginger, blueberries and ice and an raw egg.

2. Leftover turkey stir fry: green, red and orange peppers, turkey cutlet chunks, onions, baby eggplant, yellow squash, mushrooms with creole seasoning, a little sesame seed oil and tamari

3. Husband works late today, so just a veggie sandwich (avocado, spinach and sprouts) on flatout and maybe some fruit when he gets home.
  • Cat, I wish you'd write a cookbook!

Started Phase 2 today, added 1 fruit.

B -- two scrambled eggs with chives
    S - yogurt w cinnamon and walnuts
    L - 2 baked chicken tenders, salad.p, one cup cantaloupe chunks
    S - hummus and veg
    D - cream of mushroom soup

I should have had a more substantial dinner, but just wasn't hungry.
    L -
  • Monday
    B: nf greek yogurt with flax seeds, 6 olives, veggie juice
    S: chia fresca, 15 almonds
    L: turkey slices with lettuce and canola mayo
    S: hommos with a red pepper
    D: chicken andiouille sausage with chick peas and arugula
  • 1: greek yogurt, walnuts
    2: "cherry limeade" (sparkling water, lime juice and a splash of 100% cherry juice for flavor), ezekiel toast spread with 1/2 laughing cow topped with spinach and tuna/white bean salad
    3: broccoli and red pepper strips; chia fresca
    4: vegetable stir-fry (peppers, onions, broccoli, asparagus, scallions)

60 min. treadmill
  • Sorry for this really long post, I don't mean to be taking up a lot of space but I have to do this for myself, to hold myself accountable. It's what keeps me in line.

I went off plan for 2 days... not for every single meal but I found over consumption of whole wheat spaghetti combined with a lot of stressing gave me cravings, ones that I could and SHOULD have denied but yet I didn't. That's my responsibility, the cravings did not make me cheat, the only person to blame is myself. I also allowed myself to get lazy, being busy the past few days and my kitchen is a disaster area and it gave me an 'excuse' to grab crap rather than cook something wholesome. SO- before class today I made sure to eat a quick but on plan breakfast and to bring an on plan snack. In between classes today I had 3 hours to kill so while waiting for my English class I sat there planning out my next course of action to stay on plan. I refuse to allow the stress and my new schedule to derail my lifestyle, I love the SBD lifestyle! I felt so crappy just eating a few meals off plan. I've been on plan for many weeks now and I won't let 2 days of my bad choices derail everything, my mindset has been changing for quite some time now. So I won't beat myself up over it, but I will accept full responsibility and make the utmost effort to change occurrences that lead to the bad-eating events of the past 2 days.

So my plan is:

A) Clean up the kitchen.
    B) Eat an extremely wholesome dinner with plenty of veggies tonight.
    C) Plan out dinner the day before so when I get home from school I am not only coming home to a clean cooking area, but I already have a plan of what I'm making.
    D) Make sure to eat a wholesome SBD breakfast before leaving for school, and make sure to keep nutritious SBD snacks on hand whenever I can grab a bite. (Tomorrow's schedule is back to back with classes but I will eat peanuts in a class and hope the teacher doesn't mind, they seem pretty liberal there so I don't think they will mind at all.)

I did purchase agave nectar & shirataki noodles yesterday in Harris Teeter, although shopping while hungry is a big big NO NO!

Today:

B- 3 eggs, scrambled
    S- handful peanuts
    L- Big romaine salad with veggies and dressing.
    D- Some type of stirfry with shirataki noodles and green peppers, red peppers, onions, broccoli, maybe some chicken breast.
    D- maybe some after dinner FF yogurt with agave nectar and cocoa powder.
  • OOOOO! I love this!
    Phase 1, Day 1.

B: Egg white omelette with reduced fat feta cheese and bell peppers, onions and mushrooms sauteed in 1 TBSP of EVOO, 2 turkey sausage patties and a cup of coffee with 2 packets PureVia.
    L: Salad (spring mix) onions, bel peppers, mushrooms, tuna, .5 of a very small avocado and 2 tbsp of Newman's own Olive oil and vinegar dressing.
    S:1 large celery stalk with 1 TBSP hummus.
    D: Zucchini pizza! Large Zucchini with middle scraped out brushed with a lil EVOO and broiled then filled with a meaty spaghetti sauce (ground turkey, no sugar added spaghetti sauce, garlic, bell peppers, onions and basil) then toppped with 1 Babybel Light cheese round - shredded.
    S: SF Jello!

Exercise: 20 minute dog walk, 14 minute Leslie Sanson Speed Walk, Phase 1 Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.

YuM and will be sore! Awesome.
  • Mel - a clean kitchen is always the key to me staying on plan. I never feel like cooking when I have to dodge dirty dishes. Good plan!
  • Hello Beachers!

I started phase 1 today. I feel great!

B- ricotta muffin, 2 eggs w/bellpepper, onion, & tomato (1 tsp psylum husk)
    S- 1 oz cheese
    L- 3 oz catfish fillet, 2 cups broccoli
    S- 20 peanuts
    D- eggplant lasagna (the recipe I found here was great), 2 cups steamed cabbage (1 tsp psylum husk)

96+ oz water

Exercise: 1 hour callanetics, 35 min Biggest Loser Weight loss yoga

Hmmm...I have never had hummus before... I wonder how it tastes...
  • B: tomato/mozzarella/basil salad (left over), 6 olives, veggie juice
    S: chia fresca, 15 almonds
    L: turkey, avocado and lettuce salad with canola mayo
    S: chia fresca, a yellow pepper and hummos
    D: ground turkey/zuccini stir fry
  • Phase III (More like Phase II for most)

B: Cinnamon omelet
    S: RF cheese stick
    L: Greek salad (at the State Fair it's the only healthy thing), carrots, hummus
    S: Tall skinny hazelnut latte
    D: Salad, grilled chicken breast, roasted veggies
    S: Almond butter
  • Apparently my rather off-plan eating in New Orleans over the weekend has sparked some pretty serious cravings. I gave in to the craving monster last night and indulged a serious sweet tooth. no good! a few days of P1 for me.

1: egg whites scrambled with chopped broccoli, asparagus and tomatoes, almond milk
    2: turkey roll-ups with red pepper strips, raw broccoli and green beans - kind of a hodge-podge meal.
    3: greek yogurt, walnuts, chia fresca
    4: grilled chicken, spaghetti squash with basil and tomatoes, steamed broccoli
  • That reminds me, I better do something with my spaghetti squash tomorrow, I forgot it's sitting in the bottom of my fridge. Will plan for spaghetti squash, ricotta, and turkey and onion meatballs with tomato sauce tomorrow, with other veggies in the sauce. (I'm thinking broccoli, carrots, even green beans? Why not! YUM!)

B- Had early meeting at daycare, so got one of those low-carb breakfast bowls at Hardees. They are Atkins suited, not SBD because they've got bacon and sausage. Yuck. Shouldn't have even tried it. Scraped off the bacon bits, threw away the sausage, and ate just the eggs and a little bit of the cheese.

S- 2 slices provolone upon returning home

L- leftover stirfried green peppers and onions with shirataki noodles and chicken breast

D- Big giant salad with dressing

D- maybe peanut butter on an apple

Planning on some beans and greens & eggs, or beans and greens and apple with peanut butter for breakfast tomorrow, class isn't until 10 so have time to cook a breakfast. Need to find a way to incorporate more veggies in now that my schedule is so jam packed. Maybe I should invest in a good lunchbox that keeps food cool, but that'll be after the bills get paid.
  • Trying to plan again. Using up all the random bits in the fridge and pantry. Phase 2 - buckwheat, and 3 servings of fruit!

B - Coffee with soy milk, 2 Buckwheat crepes with 1 oz melted blue cheese and 2 chopped tomatoes from the garden

S - Smoothie made with cherries, lowfat plain yogurt and soy protein powder

L - Lentil salad with carrots and red pepper, Unsweetened decaf green/white tea

S - 1 oz plain almonds, 1/2 of a big orange with cottage cheese

D- Moosewood moussaka (lowfat Bechamel sauce), green salad, grilled asparagus (I have no idea where this came from at this time of year but my husband bought it so I am going to use it)

Dessert - 1 large peach

1432 calories, 36 g fiber, 40% carbs 31% fat 29% protein.
  • I need this thread more than ever. Boy have I been bad the past couple days..., Back on it today 100%.

B: smoothie-banana, blueberries, almond milk, pineapple
    S: cucumber "chips" 2T hummus
    L: Hobbit Shire soup sans noodles
    S: cucumber sesame salad w/ 1t sesame oil
    D: veggie burger, broccoli with nutritional yeast sauce
    D: 1oz 72% dark chocolate

I have got to get to the farmers market soon! I keep saying it and not doing it! Its rained today so that is a decent excuse but tomorrow I am going no matter what!