South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #1  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Default Absolutely, positively no apetite.

I am on day 7 of P1 and I lost my apetite on day 5. Food has absolutely no flavor to me anymore. I don't have the same creativity I did before with introducing new foods. I loved the food I made and I was losing pretty steadily but for some reason I want nothing to do with food anymore. My house is finally back to smelling like my Plug IN- which lately all my house ever smells like is chicken or turkey after making three meals a day.

It's kind of scaring me because I know I need to be eating but absolutely nothing sounds good....except for bread and rice. Thats all I want!!!! AHHH!!

I don't know how to get myself under control. Any helpful advice? PLEASE!? I'm afraid I am going to binge any minute.
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:57 PM   #2  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

There are recipes for making 'muffins' and 'breads' out of flax seed and stuff, that might help conquer a craving for bread. As for rice, you can make a dish that usually goes with rice and serve it over cooked cauliflower (if you have a good processer or something, you can make cauliflower 'rice').

Are you having beans and milk? Everyone swears by them for the carb cravings on Phase 1. Beans and milk have carbs so consuming more will help with those cravings.

I don't know what to say about the no appetite thing, but maybe scouring the net for different recipes so you can try something totally new and exciting (yet OP) might boost up the appetite some?

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/bre...axbasicfoc.htm - flax bread

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/low.../caulirice.htm - cauliflower rice

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/bre...arbmuffins.htm Muffins made with almond meal (just replace the butter with transfat/sat fat free margarine)

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 08-08-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:23 PM   #3  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

If you are on P1 Flours are not allowed (almond flour, bean flour, etc)... Having said that, IMO, it is definitely best to do a clean P1... and think of it this way- whats another week? However, if you absolutely can't make it I think that using those substitutes are a better option than giving in and going on a binge.

Maybe flip through the P1 recipe section in this section will help you find some P1 ideas... I think its normal for your hunger to subside to a certain extent... maybe have a big glass of water and wait the craving out- or go for a walk?

or check out some sbd foodie bloggers... that always seems to make me hungry! LOL

Last edited by rdw1; 08-08-2010 at 04:24 PM.
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:02 PM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

If all you want are bread and rice, then your body is telling you it needs carbs...so give it carbs. Try some black beans!!
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:09 PM   #5  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

You can use almond meal though, it's just finely chopped almonds with some bigger chunks here and there. And it's yummo. I always get the meal as opposed to the flour. The flour is powder like regular ol flour, and the meal is chunky little bits. It makes good nutty stuff without the use of flours. Nice topping for yogurts and stuff too. 1/4 cup of it is equal to a serving of nuts. Definitely would avoid the flour for phase 1. I still don't use it, I just stick with the meal.

I did at a certain point on Phase 1 have a loss of appetite myself but it was awesome because I've been trying to reign in my appetite for years now.

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 08-08-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #6  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I think it's normal to lose your appetite to some degree on a low carb plan. Your body was previously addicted to sugar/starch and during the detox process your hunger will diminish. I would make sure you're getting enough protein but otherwise wouldn't really sweat it too much. Good luck!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote