What has your success been on this diet?

• Hello Just looking to see if any of you would like to share your success stories with me? As my earlier post says, I barely started this diet on Monday and would love to see the success it brings. Thank you!!
  • I am steadily losing 2-3 pounds a week. I weigh in every Monday which forces me to behave on the weekends. I also exercise 5-6 times a week. My husband has lost 20 pounds which makes me scowl at him...hisssss..no seriously, seeing that scale go down every week is awesome! Keep with it!
  • After 3 years, I can say it works!!!
    Promised my Dad before he died a food related death that I would lose weight and get healthy and I kept my promise. I plan on keeping it for life.
  • Well my success is still on going. But, I started this diet the end of April while undergoing fertility treatments. I got pregnant that month. I miscarried, but that's okay.
    I went from 240 to 220 (in 4 weeks), bounced back up to 225 while I was pregnant, then you see where I'm at now, about a month after miscarrying. My skin is clearer, I have more energy, I love eating my healthy foods. Its just a way of life to dive into and just learn to love!
  • im in week 3 of ph2, and LOVING IT. granted the first 2 weeks were hard but once you make the commitment it feels great! i have had a few "setbacks" on the weekends but all in all i have lost 8lbs as of 8/3/2010 and looking forward to keeping it going at 2lbs lost a week!

i suggest weighing yourself 4-5 days after you begin a clean ph1...the motivation from seeing myself loose 4 pounds in that amount of time really kicked it into high gear for me! i still choose to eat ph1 most of the time.

GOOD LUCK AND KEEP IT UP!
  • test.....
  • I've lost 34 lbs. since March using SB principles for my eating and WW for my portion control. I find that it works best for me that way and to combine it with exercise. I exercise 6 days a week and combine both cardio and strength training.
  • Been maintaining for over 2 years. Lost about 27# on SB in about 6 months. Lowered my cholesterol from 224 to 185 too!
  • My scale dropped has dropped tremendously I have lost 14lbs so far and 8/8 will be two week date with Phase 1. But for me I wasnt healthy at all so doing everything at once has made my body just shed weight. All I ate before was carbs and the bad kind sugar, refined wheat, etc., not one single veggie, I hated water (all I drink now), plus exercise (never did it before).

I am definitely afraid to move to Phase 2.
  • I lost 80 lbs on SBD and have maintained 2+ years using Phase 1.5 - 2 with calorie counting as a fail safe. I did move out of Phase 1 on schedule but have never eaten more than 3-4 servings of grains per week. Luckily I can eat just about as much fresh fruit as I want.
  • I have lost 5 pounds in my frist week and my second week is about to end. The good thing about this SBD is I feel that I can keep on donig this. Plus finding this website to visit every day and get support and real food idea recipies helps out.
  • I lost a total of 20lbs so far. But for me that's big. I lost 8lbs in phase 1 and the rest in phase 2. Technically I'm in phase 2 but I've been eating as if I'm in phase 3 so I've held steady at the 20lb loss. Which is also big. I've never been able to maintain weightloss before this diet. Learning the principles and the effect the food has on me through SB has helped me lose and keep it off. I do want to lose more...but for now, I think I've had a huge success!
  • I officially started South Beach in mid-April. I weighed myself yesterday and I'm down a total of 61 pounds. To be fair, though, 13 of those were lost in the 2 months before I started South Beach...so we'll call it a total of 48 pounds gone b/c of South Beach. I love love LOVE it. It's so easy to stay faithful to the diet and I don't really feel deprived.
  • I lost 7 pounds during phase one. I also started exercising a week before my phase one doing stretches and weight lifting. I'm going to incorporate cardio during phase two now.