South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-04-2010, 11:20 PM   #1  
elturben

S/C/G: HW167/SW158/151/120

Height: 5'5"

Question Need Damage Control Ideas...

Hi Girls,
So today is day 12 of phase 1 and I am doing/feeling great! However, big weekend coming up on the 13th as it is girls weekend away. Weekend full of fun on the lake but we will be spending alot of time at the local pubs. I simply can't undo what I have been working on but I don't want to be the party pooper either! I can stay away from beer and not really a fan of wine but are there other drinks I could have since I will be on phase 2 by then? What about rum and diet coke? How many? Any ideas chickies???
elturben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:39 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

and congratulations on completing (in a day and a half) a clean Phase 1!

You are so smart to start planning ahead for your weekend. If we keep giving ourselves "time off" we never make it to our goals so planning your fun times in ways that work with your eating plan will really help you be successful. Phase 2 is all about figuring out how to make this lifestyle work for you and fit into your life.

Rum and diet coke should work but can you stick to just one? I've always found the issue with alcohol isn't what the first drink is as much as how many more drinks I have and how bad my food choices get after I usually drink wine but order a glass of wine and a glass of seltzer. I like having something to sip and the seltzer helps me limit the wine, if that makes sense. Make sure there are SBD safe nibbles around all weekend so you don't find yourself straying to the chips with your drink.

How To Make This Work in Real Life might help too. Come back Monday and let us know how it went!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:07 PM   #3  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Yeay for you for planning! I am with Cyndi- it is usually my choices after the alcohol... and occasionally the just one more syndrome caused by the alcohol... I get that one often!!! LOL

Rum and diet is good, vodka and soda water with lime is also good. I try to drink a glass of water in between each drink as well... The less you drink the better...

Cyndi- I never thought of ordering seltzer water- great idea!
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 243.2/241/160

Height: 5'7"

Some bars do offer the sugar free syrups (Torani) are those acceptable? Or skinny margarita (tequila, lime juice, diet sprite)

Last edited by Speck; 08-05-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Speck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:08 PM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I usually go with a gin and diet gingerale with a twist of lime. Or a screwdriver or rum with REAL juice. Ok...now for every drink you have, drink the same amount of water. It will fill you up more and less chance of a hangover so you can spend more time having fun the next day!

edit..sorry I didn't see the above post about the water...brilliant minds thinking alike!!

Last edited by femmecreole; 08-05-2010 at 06:09 PM.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 166.4/156.2/135

Height: 5'5

grape vodka and water= adult bug juice!!
orange vodka and club soda is good too
snackiejackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:49 PM   #7  
elturben

S/C/G: HW167/SW158/151/120

Height: 5'5"

Awesome ideas ladies! Thank you! Since I will have 7 extra days in between now and my trip I think I will do a week of phase 1.5 to stay on top of things before the big weekend! I did plan my food so many friendly snacks and meals will accompany me on this journey. My current plan is to have water by my side at all times and to ask for half shots of the rum so I could slide away with two. We will certainly see I guess!
Thank you for all of your support! I really couldn't do this diet without this site to keep me strong everyday!
You all rock!
elturben is offline   Reply With Quote