South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-30-2010, 07:03 AM   #16  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cyndi, I don't know about you, but I'm considering getting younger friends (not really, I love my friends) but do you find that when you all get together a major part of discussion revolves around what pills and prescriptions everyone is taking? I swear the other day I had a friend actually say "I'm doing great with my diabetes...as long as I take these pills, I can eat anything" I wanted to beat my head on the table. Duh...don't deal with health problems..head them off or get rid of them with good food and exercise. I don't want to get old. Old people are boring. (keep in mind I know a lot of people who have a lot of years behind them that are not old. Old people are people who smell funny and eat pills and whine!)

I don't ever plan on getting old. I have too much fun in my future.

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-30-2010 at 07:04 AM.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:57 AM   #17  
honeysox

S/C/G: 216/207/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi Cyndi,

Thanks for the head's up about the Daily thread. I'm going to look for it right now . . .

ETA . . . and I can't find it. I see a Sticky that says "A Note about the Daily thread" but I don't see the actual thread itself.

Is it in the South Beach forum? Sorry to be so much trouble.

Last edited by honeysox; 07-30-2010 at 09:07 AM.
honeysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:28 AM   #18  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Honey...the daily thread will have a cute title with today's date in it...
today's is "Feisty Friday"
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:53 AM   #19  
honeysox

S/C/G: 216/207/150

Height: 5'4"

Ah HA! The Daily Thread's very clever, hiding behind a pseudonym.

Thanks Cat! Much appreciated.
honeysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:19 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmecreole View Post
I swear the other day I had a friend actually say "I'm doing great with my diabetes...as long as I take these pills, I can eat anything" I wanted to beat my head on the table. Duh...don't deal with health problems..head them off or get rid of them with good food and exercise.
OMG, my neighbor is like that!!! She's Type II diabetic and is SO bad about not controlling it that she's gone from taking pills to have to have shots of insulin everyday. Her eyesight is beginning to fail as well and she's also having kidney problems. She will skip her insulin for days at a time, she doesn't take it w/ her when she travels AT ALL, and if she wants to have a piece of chocolate cake she'll just say "I'll make sure I take my insulin tonight." She told my mom the other day "oh, I finally took my blood pressure medication last night." And it's like she doesn't understand why taking her blood pressure meds once every 3 weeks isn't doing her any good!!! *bangs head against wall*

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmecreole View Post
(keep in mind I know a lot of people who have a lot of years behind them that are not old. Old people are people who smell funny and eat pills and whine!)
We had a wonderful family friend that passed away a few years ago at the ripe old age of 84. She was w/o a doubt one of the youngest people I knew. She had a fantastic spirit and a GREAT sense of humor...she was truly one of a kind and a real blessing to us for all those years we had her in our lives. One year, when she was about 75 or so, we went shopping on black Friday. I was waiting to pull into a parking space at the mall and this woman in a gold Lexus pulls and and steals the spot even though she saw me sitting there w/ my blinker on. We get out of the car and Mrs. Gallant (our family friend) takes out her lipstick, tells us to "look out" for her, and proceeds to use her lipstick to scribble all over the woman's windshield. She turns to me, smiles, and says "She SAW you waiting on that space! I ruined my favorite lipstick, too, but it was worth it!!!" LMFAO!!! God, I miss that woman.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:12 PM   #21  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome to the board! Lots of support and answers here! Good luck on your journey!
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote