mid day sweet tooth

• hey all. on p2 week 2, and i am due for my time of the month which tends to equal carb and chocolate cravings and post a salad at lunch i am dying for some sweets!!! i usually dont have that issue during the day and enjoy a sweet snack for dessert in the evening.

any ideas to stay op and kick my craving mid day?

ps- walking past the cupcake truck doesnt help either!!!
  • I like an iced mocha coffee (it gets my chocolate thing under control)...

or if you are out..and have a dire sweet emergency ..
    McDonald's has a sugar free vanilla iced coffee that's not too shabby. (the only thing I EVER buy at the horrible McDonalds!)
  • what I like to do it mix a bit of cocoa powder with some natural peanut butter. I usually eat it with an apple....or with my finger straight out of the bowl. It keeps my cravings in check and is pretty healthy.
  • zeffryn,
    I can't wait until I can have an apple with my peanut butter, although I'm very content with just the peanut butter.

For phase one I've been putting a little palm sugar and cocoa powder in my fat free greek yogurt. Unfortunately, the yogurt has been bothering my lactose intolerance. Ugh! So I had to lay off a little.
  • Sugar free chocolate pudding... or really any type of sugar free pudding is delightful.
  • thanks for the ideas! i ended up with a piece of dark chocolate and some peanuts then no dessert later in the day! seemed to cure my pms chocolate needs!
  • I love 1 oz of dark chocolate with a portion of my almond or peanut butter smeared on it. Yum!
  • Im with you Anne- I dip my dark chocolate in my peanut butter sometimes! Sooo good!
  • SF Baskin Robins hard candy, mind choc chip and cookies and cream seems to work for me now. But have to watch there is a few carbs.
  • pb and dark chocolate....i never thought to combine that!! sooo doing that tonite!

thanks!
  • Remember the dark chocolate is only an occasional treat on Phase II.