Why Not Wednesday

• after all it's better than Monday but not as good as Friday

Grab a cup of whatever you start your day with and sit and chat for a few. It always starts my day just right. Speaking of grabbing a cup.....
  • Morning, Cyndi! One nice thing about Wednesday is that we're starting to see a glimmer of the weekend looming ahead, and Monday is two days behind us.

I took my first cup of coffee outside on the patio to join Jake out there, but it was a bit too chilly. I'm not complaining, because I sure won't be saying that later. Another scorcher is in the works for us today. We spent the entire day swimming yesterday. First in the stream, which I hate. But the girls wanted to cool their ponies off, and it was kind of cute watching the horses frolic in the water. After lunch we went over to friend's pool and ended up spending the rest of the day there. Polo was canceled because of the heat, and I was able to get home in time to do some much needed work in my garden.

This morning the girls will come with me to their grandparents' and watch a movie while I help Susie around the house, and then we'll see what the rest of the day brings. Maybe we'll finally go shopping for Maggie's belated birthday present.
  • Good morning Cottage The nights have been perfect for sleeping around here. It looks like our heat is going to really break tomorrow, hope it's more comfortable where you are too.

I've got an on the road day planned today. I've been spending so much time doing desk work it will be fun to get out and see real people and real programs.

I have to put in a plug for chia seeds. Cat is so right about them. Yesterday I started with chia pudding and drank chia fresca in the afternoon. No morning snack again and didn't need much in the afternoon either. I'll be doing more experimenting with them. Wish I could stop hearing that silly song in my head all the time though...

Hope your hump day is a breeze
  • I dug my bag of chia seeds out of the freezer (where I had forgotten about them), and have been adding them to a big bottle of Crystal Light pink lemonade and sipping from it all day. It really does help control the hunger pangs! And the kids like it, too.
  • Good morning! Coffee needed badly this morning, especially if I am headed to the gym. I didn't get to bed until midnight after book club BBQ so am feeling just a tad tired. A shot of endorphins will help.

Our heat is supposed to break after today with temps of a reasonable 70-73. No rain here since Saturday's ten minute deluge so I may be watering the gardens and planters. My beans are producing full blast so I'll be drying some as soon as the weather cools a but.

Of course I have banking - they are considering giving me my own desk over there! I have a couple of reports to do and will tackle them right after gym to get them off my niggle list. I am slowly learning the bells and whistles of Simply Accounting. Brain stretching is more difficult as you get older.

Hmmm - an email from the Pypers just popped up. They are bringing the boat and dogs for tomorrow out on the Lake. I guess I'd better plan some food for Thursday supper. BBQ pork skewers? Burgers? Beer can chicken? At any rate it will be served with beans and corn on the cob. (I've already had my yearly ration of corn. )

Cottage and Cyndi, I am intrigued by the chia seeds. I have some in the back of the pantry but have only used them in shakes. What the heck is chia pudding? And does it grow fur in your tummy?

Gotta crank up my day. See y'all later.
  • Good morning Ruth! Happy gyming

There are lots of recipes for chia pudding out there. I just mixed chia seeds and unsweetened almond milk about 3:1 (milk to seeds). I added some of my Mom's homemade vanilla, cinnamon and a little sweetener. The recipe I used called for stirring every 5 minutes for about 15 - 20 but I've seen recipes that just shake it all and let it sit overnight. I'm trying that next time. I ate mine with blueberries yesterday and the last jar of last year's peaches today. I was a pudding fiend so I'm looking forward to experimenting more with the recipe. Next I'm making a pumpkin pudding because you can mix the seeds with fruit purees too. I'm usually a heavy morning eater and yesterday didn't even need a snack.
  • Good Morning!

I guess I'm going to have to check out chia. Cathy offered me some while I was visiting her, but I never got around to trying them.

I'm in Massachusetts again, for a quick visit with my mom. Lots of little errands to do and phone calls to make for her today, but in between there will be plenty of time for walking and kayaking!

Enjoy your day ladies, and try to stay cool.
  • Yep, chia seeds work! (albeit everyone at work laughed at me last week as they drank their diet cokes and discussed how I ate "weird stuff") and chia seeds are just plain fun too. BTW, I ordered 5lbs of them last week from amazon. They were way cheaper.

The only plans I have today are meeting another cousin I haven't seen in years (actully she was married to my late cousin). We are going to have lunch together and then go visit my aunt in the nursing home. Then to school for more work.

Have a great day everybody!
  • Why not indeed

I'd love to learn more about the chia seeds. How to buy and use etc. Maybe there is enough interest for a thread?

Zeff - Good for you!!!

Tomorrow we head to a family (in-laws) thing in Minneapolis. Hubby had the great idea to bring our bikes since there are lots of trails there. He and I can ride a couple of mornings while the boys sleep. New scenery, cooler temps. Not sure when we'll hit the road so if I'm not here in the morning, that's were I am.

Today is packing. And last minute errands.
  • Good morning,

Hope everyone has a great day. I am proud that I have completed 6 days Phase 1, thinking about what I will have for breakfast and I will be spending the day on the beach with my daughter and a friend.
  • Good morning,

All this talk about chia seeds has my interest. I looked them up and there are some medical warnings with them. For instance, it can lower your blood pressure and if you are on warafin (Dh is) it should not be had. I have to be so caution as to what Steve eats, he can't have too much greens either.

Not much going on here. The weather is nice and I will be going apricot picking tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a nice op day.
    take care
    Sophie
  • Good morning,

I am intrigued by the chia seeds as well may have to look into them. Tomorrow is my Friday and then a glorious 11 days off

Have a great day everyone.
  • Good Morning

It rained like crazy yesterday but I did make it to the pool. I took a 3 hr nap late in the afternoon after recognizing that my insatiable need to munch was just "tired"...woke up at 7 and then headed to the nursing home to visit my friend who is in rehab after neck surgery. It was Bing's first Therapy Dog visit! I slept in a bit this AM and will go to the pool before packing up to head back over.

I miss getting here to say hi much earlier. I do have hope for that to change.

Thanks for being here everyone!
  • Good morning all! My turkey bologna with a slice of bread and mayo was righteous! I'm making steak for lunch and dinner!
  • Hi chicks, just realized that I took Friday off and so tomorrow is my Friday too, woo-hoo! and yikes, I still have a lot to do! Work has been hoppin'. I've got to get dinner thrown together (just chicken Ceasar salads I think), and shower up before my Parks and Rec meeting tonight.

Hey I ate the best thing last night! We went to the local farm team baseball game, and we've got a local chef that was on Top Chef last year. We love his restaurant. Anyway, he did a charity thing and took over the concessions last night, so I got this shrimp ceviche with heirloom tomato gazpacho dippin' dots. It looked just like red and green dippin' dots and was SO delicous and absolutely perfect for a hot summer dinner plus on-plan too. I've been thinking about it all day and checked his restaurant menu, because I must eat it again, but it's not on there. But it made me think about making a frozen gazpacho in my ice cream machine. Time to experiment!
    Have a good night all!