South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 05:56 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Touching Base Tuesday

Good Morning

I'm headed over to the Western slope this AM to check on the garden, ride my bike and go swimming. I'll be travelling back tomorrow afternoon since Mom is staying on here.

I always check in so I just wanted to give a quick and wish everyone a good OP day!

See ya'll on the other side!
Old 07-27-2010, 06:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

See you on the other side, Debbie. Have a safe drive!

I got to sleep with the windows open last night! I have all the doors and windows open right now to freshen up the house, and it's just delightful.

I don't have to go in until 10 this morning, so I plan to get down to the garden and pick beans. I had wanted to do it yesterday, but I didn't get home until 7, and found my son and his family here having their baths and showers. A watermain broke in their development and they didn't have any water. I hope the problem was fixed overnight, or they'll be showing up on my doorstep again this morning.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:45 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Safe drive, Lexxis. You are one on-the-go lady!

Cottage, I'm glad it's cooler for you and hope you come home to an empty shower. It's going to be sunshine and 86º here today.

Well. the Fair is all packed up and gone and we have our village back. I have no idea how we did financially but do know attendance was down a bit and that we lost $$$ on the raffle for a sea-do. (Silly, noisy machine. The world needs fewer of them.)

I have a full morning with the Mill accounting system tracking down how we are spending our grant money. We have several Heritage grants and a couple of student employment ones. Darn government needs to know how we spent them before they'll grant us more!

After that it's ME time. I'll do some gardens stuff and then walk down to the Lake for tonight's BBQ and Book Club meeting. It's at Ernie's place, the prettiest location on the Lake. Between wine, BBQ, some boat rides and general enjoying the evening, I doubt that much book discussion will happen. Our tiny Delta book club of three is now up to 12 and everybody is a fun person. We have three guys which is great as women seem to be the norm for book clubs around here.

Gotta dash.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:03 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks

Debbie - safe travels and happy bike ride Hope the weather is perfect and the drive is beautiful.

Cottage - I absolutely love fresh beans from the garden. I never really cook with them but I can sit and eat a lb (in fact I did on the drive home from Mom's).
Perfect sleeping night here too. I love cool nights

Ruth - Your book club sounds wonderful and what a fun way to spend an evening. Happy Ruth time

It's another office day. I have a training calendar I am determined to get off my desk and out of my hair this week. I've started referring to it as the zombie calendar because it won't die. I've given the task to two other people in the past 4 years and it always ends up back on my desk. This should be the last year though. I prefer the creative and learning part of any process but get bored once I have it down.

Big thanks to Cat for the chia info! I added a T to my smoothie yesterday morning and was amazed when lunchtime rolled around. I"m usually a morning eater so need a good snack around 10 but yesterday I was content the whole morning. Did some googling around and I'm making chia pudding for breakfast. I'm so excited. I miss pudding.

Happy Tuesday friends
Old 07-27-2010, 07:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Debbie - Have a safe trip.

Linda - I have this cute picture in my mind of them all showing up, ready to bathe. Glad to hear the weather has cooled down for you.

Ruth - I have a book club meeting this week too. Although in the summer we give in and don't even read a book! Any great reads to suggest?

Cyndi - I must have missed the chia stuff. Tell me more! I would love a way to feel full longer. (I keep picturing the "chia pets.")

Yesterday I got lots done which is a good thing since today we sit around waiting for someone to come replace our cracked windshield. Hubby wanted to finally get it done before our road trip this week. Working out with my mom and our trainer this morning.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:07 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

It.'s unusually quiet here....we're almost home and I'll lose reception soon. It seems a little rainy here. The weather is sometimes so different on the other side of the Continental Divide. Cooler might be nice although it isn't looking so good for a bike ride.

We're heading into our beautiful Glenwood Canyon where my online experience ends. I wonder how my garden will look after a week....
Old 07-27-2010, 09:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hello everyone! I will add cereal to my plan today. I ate veggie soup instead of having cereal for breakfast.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:21 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, sounds like a quiet morning for most.

I am busy getting everything ready to leave for vacation on Friday.

Still doing good eating onplan.

Have a great day everyone
Old 07-27-2010, 11:20 AM   #9  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Good morning ladies!
Old 07-27-2010, 12:07 PM   #10  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all...
just taking it easy today!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 01:46 PM   #11  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

morning, everyone!

had a really great workout this morning. the bloaties are finally going away and I think my WI tomorrow will be a success -- I'm expecting 2 lbs, but 3 would be better

I had my 6-week check-in with my personal trainer today. I've lost 3 inches around my waist, 1.5 around my thighs, 4 inches around my hips and 1 inch around my arms in 6 weeks. I've also gone from an obese BMI to an overweight BMI. i have approximately 20 lbs. until I achieve healthy BMI status.

I was very happy with that report and she was too! She put together a few new routines for me - both strength training and cardio so that I wouldn't plateau. I love this gym!

Taking the kids to the library this afternoon and hoping to pick up some new books for myself as well.

Pilates tonight and then an informational meeting about women's hormones and how they affect our lives tonight. I'm excited for that. I've always suspected I've had a hormone imbalance and the speaker is supposed to give natural ways to help achieve hormone balance.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:22 PM   #12  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Congrats on the hard work Zeff!
Old 07-27-2010, 10:59 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Go on with your bad self Zeffryn! I'm so proud of you!
Closed Thread