South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-26-2010, 08:11 PM   #1  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Default Having more "sweets"...

I have been eating more sweets this time around, Crystal Light Pink Lemonade, Sugar Free Jello and my nightly Fudgsicle. I am keeping it under the 75 cals a day, but I'm just curious if I am setting myself up for failure? Or is it better to get in the habit of having these type of "treats" instead of their sugarized versions? Anyone have an opinion?
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:24 PM   #2  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Everybody is different & will weigh in with varying opinions. For me, SF items have never been a problem & I love them. They make the SB life more livable for me.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/160/125

Height: 5'3"

I hate to pretty much use the popsicles a few days but I tried to cut all sweets out the first week. Even the allowed ones. It was just too confusing for my body. I would crave them. After a while I didn't even crave them anymore. I had been in phase 2 for about 18 weeks before I decided I'm in phase 3. Even though I still want to lose, I indulge in sweets now much more often than I should. I feel like I need to get back to phase 1 just to kick 'em again. I don't think you can ever get rid of them, and even though i indulge now, it's still not half as bad as it used to be. Maybe if you just cut them out for a while and you show yourself you don't need them, the cravings subside. Then they're just simple treats. Not something you need. Does that make any sense?
Restypines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

I had sf pudding pretty much nightly for the 10 weeks that I went without once cheating. So I would say it didn't bother me at all. Other things, like some of the fudgesicles, seem to be a problem for me. Oh, I also have lots of Crystal Light with no problem either.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 166.0/139.5/110.0

Height: 5' 1"

I do not see it as being bad. If you can control your cravings by only having one SF item instead of two or three - then feel free to continue to have them. However, if you begin to increase your intake or if having that SF pudding creates other cravings you give in to, then I would suggest you stop for a while. I love SF jello and pudding... it is such a great treat at the end of a good day.
Pressing on is offline   Reply With Quote