3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Bread issues.... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/208201-bread-issues.html)

dizzylille 07-26-2010 01:27 PM

Bread issues....

hmmmm. I had a piece of OP bread last night with dinner and have been in the restroom all morning--tummy cramps, etc. So I'm wondering if this is just my body not being used to wheat anymore (since I only have it 1 a week) or that I could have some sort of intolerence. Any of you get crampy after having bread?

zeffryn 07-26-2010 01:40 PM

*raises hand*

very. i've been tested for gluten intolerance and that isn't the case with me, but I do know that my body is very sensitive to wheat since I've stopped eating it all the time. I think our bodies do that with most everything unhealthy, it kind of builds up a tolerance to it, but when we stop eating it, that tolerance goes away quickly and our body reacts much more violently to it.

I have the same issue with soda. one soda and I'm a balloon for 3-4 days.

kaplods 07-26-2010 02:04 PM

I also was tested for celiac disease, and the test came back negative. I could still have an allergy to wheat or gluten, but I'm on a medication that prevents me from taking the allergy test - and the medication is more important than learning what I already know.

Since finding out it isn't celiac disease, I'm not as careful as I was before the diagnosis. And hubby and I are actually wondering if it might not be an allergy to something in the bread, because I react more dramatically when I eat a baked wheat product like bread or cake than if I eat pasta or other non-baked wheat.

I got really careless the first month after the test, and the symptoms all came back. Water retention, fatigue, digestive problems, and a return of my rosacea and autoimmune skin problems (not just break-outs, but a terribly ugly rash). It shows on my nose first - it swells and turns red, so I look like Bozo (more like W.C. Fields, but I'm not too sure how many people are into old movies, or old enough to remember his).

sarahyu 07-26-2010 02:54 PM

Rosacea pointers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplods (Post 3404730)
, and a return of my rosacea and autoimmune skin problems (not just break-outs, but a terribly ugly rash). It shows on my nose first - it swells and turns red, so I look like Bozo (more like W.C. Fields, but I'm not too sure how many people are into old movies, or old enough to remember his).

Does your rosacea go away completely? Mine never seems to go away, no matter what I use. Cetaphil cleansers and moisterizers, metorgel, I'm even taking Oracea My dh fondly calls me Rudolph-you know, the red nose raindeer. I use makeup to cover up the worst and dh fondly calls it spackle. (you know the stuff you repair drywall?) "Don't forget to spackle before we go out." My nose stays red, like a sunburn all year round-it gets worse when I have a cold, or the weather is cold or windy.

I get the red pimply bumps, sometimes really painful -like a nasty pimple that's getting ready to come to a head but never does. Yuck TMI?

I broke down and made an appointment to see a dermatolgist in a couple weeks.

femmecreole 07-26-2010 03:17 PM

I know it sounds weird, but a few weeks ago, I started "washing" my face with olive oil and castor oil (one part castor oil and 3 parts olive oil). It has done wonders (along with taking MSM) for my skin. When I read about it, people on a forum were raving what it did for their rosacea. (it's also supposed to help with zits..google it)

You just "wash" your face with the mixture like normal, then take a hot wash cloth and let it steam for a second and then wipe it off. I've also been putting pure castor oil under my eyes for dark circles and it's really helping (sure the msm has a lot of do with it, but castor oil is also supposed to help make lashes thicker)

back on the subject...if I eat white bread now, it makes me ill...I feel icky all over.

zeffryn 07-26-2010 03:40 PM

I wash with castille soap and it's done quite a bit for the patchy redness on my cheeks. I don't know if it was rosacea, but it sucked.

femmecreole 07-26-2010 03:47 PM

I LOVE castille soap...use it on my bod sometimes, but wash my floors with it all the time. Love Bronner's lavender and peppermint ( I wash my doggies with the peppermint...it's supposed to deter fleas...supposed to..)

zeffryn 07-26-2010 03:51 PM

i wash the kids with bronners lavender. they smell so good! i use bronner's tea tree on my face and the rest of the house.

talk about all purpose!

beerab 07-26-2010 04:01 PM

I find I react badly to too many carbs in general. And if I do eat carbs I have to make sure it's mixed in with plenty of protein and veggies. Potatoes are the worst for me- I actually FEEL myself get ill for a little while- I think it's my blood sugar going up temporarily.

beerab 07-26-2010 04:02 PM

Castor oil is good to eat also ;) Good for the skin :) If you don't drink a lot of milk or eat salmon on a regular basis then I suggest getting castor oil with vitamin D in it.

femmecreole 07-26-2010 04:02 PM

I've never seen the tea tree kind..gotta look for it.
I use tea tree oil for bug bites and zits..and all kinds of other stuff.

zeffryn 07-26-2010 04:45 PM

yep. tea tree is a cure-all around here. i'm always putting it on things.

beerab, isn't that funny how you can feel yourself reacting to things now? i was talking to my husband about that the other day after some friends scoffed because I wouldn't eat a few things and said that i didn't want to feel sick. it's real! and a very bad feeling!

dizzylille 07-26-2010 05:28 PM

At least I'm not the only one:( It took about 12 hours to work itself out:(
Argh. Has anyone tried the Ezekial bread? I haven't even checked to see if it's OP.

zeffryn 07-26-2010 05:42 PM

ezekiel bread is definitely OP. It's great. It is actually the only bread I can eat without feeling bad or getting cravings.

Fat Melanie 07-26-2010 09:29 PM

I've discovered that things such as whole wheat breads and such don't make me feel too good. I'm trying not to have it daily. Trying to slowly work it in. So you're not alone Dizzlylille. :-)

Re: skin care, I agree, olive oil is great for the face. I must try the castor/olive oil combo. Also, I'm sure most of us have nonfat dry milk in the cabinet. It's great for the face. Mix it with a little water until it's pasty and use as a mask for a few minutes. Great exfoliator/brightener, because of the lactic acid.

Anyhoo back on subject, as far as I know I don't have gluten intolerance but something about breats and whatnot don't agree too well with me, and I never noticed it before recently.