South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-25-2010, 06:57 PM   #1  
Ready for baby #2

S/C/G: 245/238.8/140

Height: 5/3

Default Starting Phase 1 tomorrow

I have the new supercharged book that I am in the middle of reading. I just did a whole South Beach grocery shopping trip and am going to be making some food for the week tonight. Any advice before I start tomorrow? I am aiming for a very clean 2 weeks on plan. My hubby and I just got married a month ago but have been trying for a baby for 2 years. It's finally time to get this weight and PCOS under control so that our dreams of a big family can come true :-)
Jessiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Good luck girl! I'm on my last day of Phase I and it wasn't too arduous!
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:26 PM   #3  
Ready for baby #2

Thanks! I am making my breakfasts and lunches now, so hopefully that will help :-)
Old 07-25-2010, 09:43 PM   #4  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

My advice is make it a clean Phase 1. The first few days are HARD...you will have cravings, let them come and get busy with something else, or eat a snack.
You will feel better just after a few days of eating.
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:21 PM   #5  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

My advice: yes cravings will come and they'll be hard. To defeat those pesky things, make sure you get your fat free dairy in! (fat free cottage cheese, fat free milk, fat free plain yogurt.) AND make sure you eat beans. You could have them in the form of hummus with veggie slices, or just a nice side with your meal along with some veggies. Beans and fat free dairy, they are your friends!

Also make sure to have your snacks. A serving of nuts a day (maybe a serving of almonds, or 2 tablespoons sugar-free natural PB on celery or something for example) will keep you sated.

Also make sure you get all those cups of veggies in! Plenty of veggies!

I think it's wonderful that you are trying to get healthy. And I think it's awesome that you are already planning out your meals. THAT will definitely help you. Plan, plan, plan. That way, you're never stuck without something to eat and feel the temptation for things that are off plan.

Really though? It sounds like you've got everything in order. The motivation, the planning, the willpower... Good luck!! You're already doing great.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:30 PM   #6  
RosieKate

HI! I'm new to the SBD group and I also started Phase 1 yesterday...so far so good. I am dairy free, so I definitely have appreciated the soy milk and I had some hummus for my snack today...very helpful to fight off the cravings! Keep up the good work!

Last edited by RosieKate; 07-27-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:51 PM   #7  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Good luck I'm re-starting tomorrow! I still haven't decided what to eat for breakfast but I'm thinking I'm going to bring some hard boiled eggs for breakfast, lunch will be a tuna salad- and dinner I'm not sure yet but lots of veggies and meat apparently lol.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:30 PM   #8  
Ready for baby #2

Well we are at the end of day 2 and so far so good! I am happy to report that everything has been clean eating, no matter how badly I want to cheat, I refuse! The only thing that is bothering me so far is that I have been very consitpated since I started (I know TMI...Sorry) Anyone else have this issue? Do you think I need to get some benifiber or something similar? So far breakfast is my favorite meal.. I am eating the eggs turkey bacon and cheese muffins...they are fabulous and SUPER filling! Good luck to all, Glad I have others who are on the same track as I am :-)
Old 07-27-2010, 08:19 PM   #9  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Constipation is common. A lot of people swear by eating beans. I know it helps me. Others use the fiber supplements. I didn't like them or forgot to take them. Make sure you're drinking lots of water and eating the minimum 4 1/2 cups of veggies.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:27 PM   #10  
RosieKate

A dietitian once told me that you have to drink LOTS of water if you are increasing your dietary fiber...other wise she said the fiber sticks to itself and becomes a massive brick in your stomach. Who knows if she was right, but that visual sure stays with me...so I'm drinking copious amounts of water! Exercise also helps loosen things up as well.