Well...it's the Weekend!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Good morning from rather damp Delta. The weather has not been great for Delta Fair but we're managing.

It's been a bad week for me with car woes on top of other stuff but the end is in sight. When I was doing my walkabout yesterday afternoon, I sat and watched the kids on the rides and wished I could feel their enjoyment. Just watching them have fun helped. I was tempted to take a ride on the merry-go-round but had to move on.

Before I go over to the Fairgrounds this morning, I'll make a bean salad for ME, not for feeding the multitudes. I might even get a chance to soak in the tub and do some dog cuddling.

Today's Fair Schedule:
    11:00 a.m. Goat Show - I get to help. I love goats!
    12:30 p.m. Parade Line-up - I get to nag. I love nagging
    4H events including rabbit and calf show - I get to help judge the rabbits

Kim Mitchell sings tonight but I will be home and listen from afar. The front porch with a glass of wine sounds great.
  • I hope today is a better day for you! I'm on my 13th day of P1. It ends tomorrow. I'm going shopping so I'll pick up some P2 things!
  • Good morning

Ruth I hope today is clear sailing and wine time on the porch is here before you know it.

Another rainy day here so more shopping Yesterday was pretty mellow, I've almost convinced my mom that we don't have to do things every minute unless she wants to. I think Dad slept better so it should be a better day for everyone.

We are off to garden centers looking for sales. Anyone need anything, we sure don't

ETA - my excitement for the weekend has been stalking a family of merlins
  • Good morning!

It's hot and sunny here, and the heat index is going to make it feel like 110* today. Unfortunately, we are having my grandson, Tyler's, birthday here this afternoon. I guess we'll all either be in the pool or inside in the air conditioning. I cleaned the house yesterday, but am wondering why I bothered. It's sure to be trashed after the festivities today.

Ruth, I think I usually have a cheerful outlook on life because I work with kids. It sure helps me feel young at heart! I hope your day is fun and wish I were joining you in that glass of wine on your porch this evening.

Cyndi, I'm so glad your Dad is doing better, and hope the rest of your weekend with your parents goes well.

I'm off. Jake is dropping his car off for his inspection this morning, and I have to meet him there. Have a great day, and I'll try to check in later if I haven't wilted away by then!
  • Reading this thread always brings a smile to my face to start my day. I have no idea what I am doing today. Not sure if that is a good or a bad thing. Hopefully will get another bike ride in. I need a fair or a kid's party or something.

Have a great weekend all.
  • Good morning ladies!

I'm home! I've had a wonderful couple of weeks but it feels so good to be in my own house again. Our garden grew by leaps and bounds while we were gone - I'll need to put in some serious time out there over the next few days but we'll have fresh swiss chard and zucchini today and yellow squash in the next couple of days, too. Hooray!

Ruth, I hope the day flies for you.
    Cyndi, what a beautiful photo!
    Linda, happy birthday to Tyler.
    Okie, what are you most anxious to get when you shop today?
    Hi Karen!

to all, enjoy your Saturday!
  • Cottage - Happy birthday partying. Hope the damage is minimal and the fun is worth it.

I've been noticing how easy it is to stay on plan while I'm here. After 2.5 years my Mom is really helpful and I know exactly what I need to bring. I have hemp milk and nsa protein powders for breakfast. My mom stocks lots of fruit so I have a choice of add-ins. yesterday for lunch I sauteed a squash and tossed in some beans I brought from home (Mom has squash and nsa canned beans here too) and used some of their salsa (Tostitos, no sugar!). Dinner was fish - Mom fried theirs and I baked mine in the toaster oven with veggies and basil leaves. There was enough to for lunch today too. She made sauteed greens, had a marinated veggie salad and I made some quinoa to add to the meal (Dad had oven fries). Dessert was fresh fruit. There is always fruit, marinated raw veggie salad (Mom now knows I prefer her homemade dressing to any fat free dressing), a nsa bean salad and whatever fresh veggies she can find. I always bring plain Greek yogurt, beans of some kind and 100 calorie nut packs in case we go anywhere and I need a snack. Just thought I'd go into more detail because we so often talk about the challenges of being away from home.

Happy weekend all! Hope your plans include a little time to relax and recharge

ETA - while I was blabbing on and on Karen and Heidi arrived
  • Hi chicks, it is already so hot here, I think today is going to be the worst of the summer so far. Usually I can suck some cool air into the house in the morning, but this morning, all I'm getting is hot stickiness. DH wanted to go camping this weekend and I was dreading it, but yesterday was his birthday so I didn't want to disappoint him. He just asked if I'd rather just go to the pool, and try camping next weekend or during the week - woohoo! I'm off the hook and can keep my hair appt this afternoon. I'm so relieved I don't have to spend the morning packing up the car. Maybe I'll go to the Farmer's Market instead. I just got my weekend back, I feel like I won a prize!

It's so hot the cats were both on their backs on the kitchen floor with their bellies in the air in front of the fan. I nudged them with my toe and they weren't moving.

Did I mention it's really really hot?
    Okay, don't tell DH, but I am going to stop on my way home this afternoon and get one of those portable air conditioners. I have window units in the kids bedrooms, but so far haven't put anything downstairs - DH won't like it.

We tried a new restaurant last night for DH's birthday, and we both really liked it. Kind of a funky, expensive place, but food was really good. My eating was pretty on-plan, too, but I did have a cocktail, and a couple of glasses of wine, and I have a pounding headache this morning. Time to go drink coffee with Excedrin, and figure out what else I can get done this weekend. j

Have fun at the fair, Miss Ruth, nagging, and judging, and frolicking with the goats.
    Cyndi, glad dad is doing well. You are a great example for the rest of us at making this plan work all the time.
    Heidi, welcome home, and enjoy the bounties of your garden!
    Karen, your plans sound the best, a weekend with nothing to do!
    cottage, we like to dump the birthday parties on my parents too! You're a good grandma. Happy Birthday to Tyler!
  • Happy Weekend everyone!!!
    Sounds like everyone is also trying to beat the heat. I am relieved that reading workshop is over. I learned a few new things which is nice, but the week of sitting in heat in hard chairs really got to me. I was so nauseated by the time we ate dinner out yesterday afternoon that I just melted and slept for 3 hours when we got home...so I ended up staying up till one watching movies and slept till 8. I never sleep past 5.

Have to go to a party this evening. Thought it would be canceled because of TS Bonnie, but it's on. We are all bringing something. I heard so far the menu is (fried) chicken from Cane's, 2 cakes, a cheeseball, and sandwiches from a caterer. I'm bringing a cracked wheat salad so at least I can eat something. Obviously we will eat before we leave, saving some calories for wine!!
  • Hi

Just wanted to let you all know I'm still around-just flyin' from one thing to the next. We hosted Kirk's DD, her Mom and hubby for dinner last night. 1st time all together in 23 years. I hope seeing her family as one is a help for DD.

I'm off to pick my Mom up. I took her down to her breakfast spot this morning.

I'm doing pretty well with food, although last nights dinner was a planned off plan. I really didn't totally enjoy it, which is progress, and I'm looking forward to eating something in line with SBD today.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Good morning everyone,

I took the day off from work yesterday since it was DD2 Birthday, she ended up going boating with friends during the day so that gave me lots of time to do extra stuff. I weeded the entire yard, feel it today in my hamstrings LOL.

DD1 and I went to the mall and took advantage of some of the sales and I picked up 4 shirts so I was happy there.

Then we went and picked up DD1 school supplies and supplies for a bonfire cookout last night for DD2.

It is so humid and sticky yuck, DH is in CA no humidity wish I could be there with him.

We leave on Friday for Myrtle Beach for a week looking forward to that.

I am on Day 3 op eating and starting to feel more in control again and the scale is moving downward that so that is a good sign.

Try to stay cool everyone and enjoy your day.
  • Good morning on the last day of the Fair. We had a huge deluge yesterday just as the parade reached the Fairground. It was funny to see the politicians trying to keep smiling as the convertibles filled with water. The rain stopped by late afternoon so the Grandstand show wasn't wiped out.

Today is more of a fun day for me. Church, home to do some dog loving and then off to judge the pet show. It's for kids ten and under and the pets are adorable. I make sure every pet gets a prize of some sort and that's the fun part. I've given prizes for the most unusual pet (cricket), the smallest pet (ant) and of course the usual longest tail, shortest tail, best costume, loudest bark, etc. I finance the prizes so can do what I want.

I serve at the pork BBQ late this afternoon, may have a drink in the beer tent and then will be home for dinner and blessed silence.

Tomorrow I get my life back and will definitely GO TO THE GYM. You read it here first!

Enjoy your Sunday and keep cool in every way.
  • Good morning!

We're getting ready for another broiling day here. At least the pool makes it bearable to spend any time outside. I'm sure it will get another good workout today, and most everyone from yesterday is coming back again today to help eat up leftovers.

Ruth, I'm praying for a deluge to cool things off. I'm glad it didn't spoil the fair festivities, though. The pet show exhibit sounds like a blast, and I know you'll have a lot of fun and laughs doing the judging. Be fair!
  • Hi, Ruth-I wish I could come to your fair! I'm still upstairs and will go down and check on Rudi soon. We have DD's pug, too, today. We'll have brunch with Mom, head to Costco for her new TV, spend the afternoon at home then head back down tonight. Drive drive drive.

Linda, all I can say is thank goodness for your pool!

I think I'd better locate some coffee!
  • Good morning Chicks It's my last morning on dial-up this month (I'll be back in 4 weeks) and I'm heading home after breakfast and a walk.

Ruth - The pet show sounds like fun for everyone. Hope the last day flies by without any fuss.

Cottage - A pool workout sounds like the way to go in this weather

Schmoodle - I wish I was as good at home as I am here

Debbie - Good to hear that everyone was able to pull together to support DD. I'm sending extra hugs your way my friend, it's been a crazy summer for you

everyone. Wish I had time for more personals this morning

I'll see you all for Sunday Happy Hour from my very own porch