Phase 1 week? How long is too long?

• Hi there, I was wondering if any of you all have been on phase 1 for more than 2 weeks. And if so, what is the longest that you have been on phase 1. Also, what where your results like?
    I read an interview with Dr. Agatson who said that if you need to "lose a lot of weight" it's okay to stay on phase 1 for 2months or so. But to remember that you should continue to phase 2 and then phase 3 to maintain healthy new habits.
    I was also wondering how much weight is a "lot of weight" to lose? 10lbs, 20lbs, 30lbs or +50lbs what is the amount you all think?

FYI background on me.
    I am almost done with phase 1. I have 4 days to go. I have lost 10lbs so far. I am currently 20lbs away from my goal. I feel good and I am ready for what evers next
    Thanks everyone.
  • I think you will find if you stay on Phase 1 your weight loss will slow down. I did Phase 1 for 3 weeks, but I also have about 100 pounds to lose. You should read through the forum and look at the posts about phase 1.5...that's what I do after Phase 1. Congrats on your what you have lost so far!!!
  • Thanks for your reply Pinkhoodie. I will look into it.
  • The majority of the weight that you lose on P1 is water. The weight-loss will not continue at the fast pace if you remain on P1, nor is it healthy to lose weight that fast the entire time. I think Dr. A is referring to at least 100 lbs. to lose when he says a lot of weight. I think you would be well served moving slowly into phase 2. Incorporate exercise for faster losses.
  • Good Information to know, I was wondering about this same thing. Thanks to all.