South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-19-2010, 03:13 AM   #1  
One Day At A Time

Height: 5.6

Default Lacking motivation, Withdrawals

Hi all,

I am sorry in advance that this is going to be a moany post but this is how I feel at this point in time and the only way for me to deal with it is acknowledge it and to let it out in the open.

I think lack of sugar and sweet is making me feel down. I also woke up with sore throat and that is adding onto my mood. I am blaming my lack of veggies on my sore throat but in fact it might be the fact that I am not at home but at my parent's place. I often get something in here.

I am already losing the weight, it is day 3, phase 1 and I am down 0.8 lb, which is great!

I keep on telling myself that I just have to get through the day and tomorrow will be better. I know it will be!

I do have nice things today, a work conference, meeting up a friend, things like that, it is nice. But I am still moaning about being uncomfortable. But like my NA sponsor says get comfortable with being uncomfortable. I also know that good things require effort. I just have to make the effort. I have no other way. And I am hoping that only today I do that... because I strongly believe that when I wake up tomorrow and be a whole pound less.

I do miss fruits and I can't wait until this is over, I just wanna go back to having strawberries for breakfast and I don't miss none of that fattening bread, pasta, rice, potato, pastry.

Anyway enough of me moaning now, I know all of you chicks in phase 2 have been through phase 1 and you know what it is like. And this is also giving me the motivation to go through it. Just today, I need to get through today.
hope for recovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

I found PH1 to be challenging, and the first several days were especially hard. Lots of us really drag then. Try googling South Beach Flu and you will your symptoms are pretty common.

Hang in there! Before you know it PH1 will be over and you will be feeling great
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:43 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi hope for recovery and

It sounds like you understand just what you have to do; get through this one day at a time. One thing I found very helpful while on Phase 1 was reading the SBD book very thoroughly. It helped me to totally understand this program. If you are feeling down because of lack of sugar, this WOE will really help and others will chime in to let you know it will get better!

It will get better!

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:54 PM   #4  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

hi! Your 2 weeks will be done before you know it! In the meantime, try artificailly sweetened items if you can tolerate them. Plain, lowfat yogurt with splenda will soothe your throat. I also had a sore throat during P1 and had lots of drinks, and sugar free Halls (try not to have too many of the halls) and make sure they're SF.
I also treated myself to things like sf nf latte which is so yummy and normally I am too cheap to have them often. But look at the money you'll be saving by not having takeout.
Hang in there, the cravings for sweet will soon disappear.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:46 PM   #5  
One Day At A Time

Thank you all for the support and for the info. I am having proper headache and mood swings. Painful sore throat and I am drinking tea. I had SF coffee today, bad idea. Not doing it again. All I can do is look forward to tomorrow and to the good food I am going to have. I can look forward to being the person who I really am. I am fit on the inside and fat on the outside. I cannot live like this any more. I got too depressed about my weight. I have to live the solution, I have no other way. And it might be painful now but I really have no other way.

Let me tell you what makes me happy - tomorrow for breakfast I am going to have scrambled eggs with yoghurt, cucumber and dill and I am looking forward to that. I am also going to weight less and I know it.

Thank you all so much! Knowing that you have gone through that makes it more possible for me! I know that I can survive it and I am going to report on the weight loss, I just really hope it is more fat and less water
Old 07-20-2010, 06:23 AM   #6  
One Day At A Time

Hi chicks I thought I would let you know that I have made it through the night. There was a lot of sweating, shivering, headache but I know I have to go through it. I ate last night at 11 - yoghurt and peanuts and this morning at 5 the same thing. It is day 4 and I am dreading it. I was meant to exercise tomorrow but I now find it hard to go out and get to the car. I have runny nose as well. On the bright side, I am keeping up, I have my food for today planned and cooked. I am having lots of tea. Scale shows 2 pounds down but I really think it is only water... ok maybe some fat. Thank you for being there for me. I am literary waiting for today to be over and hope that tomorrow is less painful. I thought I would share it with you just in case that somebody else is going through the same. We are not alone any more. I am happy I found you.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:27 PM   #7  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Good work! Just keep pluggin' along. Remember, you'd be miserable even if you were having snackie cakes (due to your illness) so IMO it's a perfect time to be on phase 1. I alwasy think its a bonus to be OP when sick because my appetite completely vanishes so it makes the first few days easier.

Hang in there!
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:01 PM   #8  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope for recovery View Post
There was a lot of sweating, shivering, headache but I know I have to go through it.
Sweating and shivering don't sound normal to me. That doesn't sound like the "SB flu" most of us get (headache, nausea, fatigue, moodiness). Is there something else going on for you?
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:13 AM   #9  
One Day At A Time

Well I did have those things, my pulse went down to 49, then later on that day up to 75... thats when i was feeling cold and shivery, I might have had some temperature. I kept on sweating during the night and could not sleep very well. I was on 5 cups of tea on day 3 and 4. The evening of day 3 I felt really down and depressed, the evening of day 4 I was in a 12 step meeting and everything seemed so far away. I was proper withdrawn. I didn't think it was ever going to end. BUT it did. It passes just like everything else in life. Day 5 I only had 3 cups of tea, a bit more normal. I was not sweating any more, I was with a bit oh a headache but I was buzzing with energy. So much energy that I made it to the gym and I had a good session there.

I just want to thank you all for the support because otherwise I would have given up. And I am not gonna lie and say that I am all strong. I thought of giving up when I was really down and out of it. I thought it will be like that the whole time but just knowing that other people have done it before me meant that it is doable and that I should be able to do it too. I know i have lost weight, I don't know how much yet but today i am wearing something new and it fits really nicely. I feel more confident, a new me.

All I can say is I am so glad I am going through this. And I would do whatever it takes to be the fit person, who i am in my nature. Because this flabby me is not me. I feel trapped in this body. And I am going to go back to my nature, because nothing else will work. )