On plan thread (July 19-July 23)

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Welcome, join from any Phase! I'm on my second week of Phase I. I've been eating well with two slips but no more from here on out! What will u be doing in addition to eating right?
    I'm exercising 6 days a week. 3 of those days are for 30 minutes and the rest is for 10 mins!
  • I'm going to get my butt in gear and start some exercise tomorrow. I changed up my dinner plans *slightly* so I'm reposting my menu since it's changed a little. (I had black eyed peas rather than the whole wheat couscous. I know I should have had the couscous since I didn't have a grain or fruit today, but I'm discovering that grains don't exactly agree too well with me. Still searching for a perfect combination for me).

B- leftover lean burger on lettuce wrap with tomato, onion, cheese, mayo, and homemade SF ketchup.
    S- SF peanut butter
    L- 2 eggs scrambled in smart balance, 1 can (3.5 servings) turnip greens with vinegar and garlic salt/pepper, and v8 juice
    S- lowfat milk
    D- Lime Garlic salsa Chicken, steamed garlicked green beans with smart balance, and black eyed peas.
    D- 1 SF fudgesicle

Tomorrow I want to make lentil soup.
  • I am still on phase 1, week 2 and enjoying it.

B: 1 can chunk light tuna with onions and peppers, 1 cup l/f milk, cucumbers with lime juice.
    Sn: 100 cal pack almonds.
    L: Chicken breast stir fried with broccoli, Lentil veggie soup.
    Sn: 2 sf hard candies
    D: 1 Morningstar Farm Veggie Burger, Steamed cabbage with green peppers and tomatoes.
    Sn: Sugar Free Fudgesicle

I love SB!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 1. Smoothie..spinach, carrots,green powder,ginger,a little coconut milk, chia gel, frozen blueberries, frozen strawberries, frozen banana.
    2. Sipping chia fresca thoughout the morning
    3. Large salad with all kinds of leftover veggies/Bolthouse Mango vinegarette dressing
    4. Grilled turkey cutlet,baked sweet potato fries, asian veggies
    5. Mango/Lime sorbet
  • I plan to practically drown myself in water today to help with the detox, marinate my sinuses, and get rid of this sore throat. I wore a skirt just for that reason - okay TMI, sorry.

I don't feel much like eating, but I'll try:
    B: chocolate cheesecake smoothie
    L: leftover London broil, marinated veggies, V8
    S: skim latte, small salad with pistachios, goat cheese, apricots
    D: grilled Kabobs of veggies and lean sausage
    S: ricotta creme
  • LOL, Schmoo.
    Mel....it takes a long time to discover the perfect combination for you. Sometimes I wish I was a man, it's so easy for them.

--
    B: chocolate cheesecake smoothie
    workout: gotta go hard today!
    L: tuna or chicken lettuce wrap
    S: asian glazed chicken, kale
    S: greek yogurt, almonds
  • b - fibre one with blueberries and almond milk
    l - zucchini soup with pumpernickel bread
    s - grilled pork chops with broccoli and salad
    s - almond butter
  • Good day so far.
    B: Morningstar farm sausage patty, scrambled egg, cucumber and tomato slies.
    Sn: 10 peanuts
    L: Eggplant Tofu bake, oven roasted veggies (asparagus, yellow squash, zucchini, onion, red peppers).
    Sn: 10 peanuts
    D: Tuna, Veggies, salad
    Sn: Fudgsicle (maybe)
  • Amen to that, Zeffryn.

Hey Femmecreole, what is that chia stuff I keep seeing you mention?

B- Leftover salsa chicken, green beans, and black eyed peas
    S- SF natural PB on celery
    L- salad dressed with vinegar, spices, cherry tomatoes, sprinkle of fat free cheddar, drizzle EVOO
    D- homemade Lentil tomato spinach soup with veggies & lemon
    D- Did indeed make bean brownies and had one.

Been feeling a little under the weather, not much appetite today. But when I woke up this morning, I could notice a change in my body, even only slightly. And it made me feel awesome. This is my 4th week OP. Did not exercise as I said I would, waiting to feel a little better.

Also, am going to be working on a cinnamon whole wheat/ flax streusel the next couple of days, using several different recipes and making my own. May contain walnuts (yum). or apples (yum.) Or both. (even yummier.) Will post when I get it just right.
  • Melanie, just google "chia seeds" or health benefits of chia seeds and tons of info will come up. They are terrific. I sip a drink called "chia fresca" all day long. Water, Lemon, Stevia and a tablespoon of chia. It's kind of like drinking those bubble drinks. I love it. Keeps me full and on an even keel and very hydrating.

Today's Food:
    1)Green Smoothie
    2) Big spinach salad with tomatos and leftover turkey and veggies from last night all dumped in a bowl with bolthouse mango dressing.
    3)Stir fry with chicken, kale, onions, peppers,squash, creole seasoning and tofu noodles (I'm stuffed)
    4)Acai sorbet
  • me, at phase 1.25

B- cottage cheese, nonfat sf blueberry yogurt
    L- SB flax muffin
    s- almonds, cheese
    S- portabella burger, steamed broccoli and edamame with margarine
    2 coffees with cereal cream

yumm-o!
  • Thanks Femme! That sounds really good, and interesting. Reading a website right now that talks about leaving them in a glass of water and it turns into gelatin. That could be worked into a recipe for homemade healthy "jello". Awesome! I'm going to hunt me down some chia seeds!
  • Melanie, they are also good in any drink. Love them in iced tea or chrystal lite etc. They have the "mouth feel" of a tiny little tomato seed (with that gel like coating) but no taste at all. They just taste like whatever you put them in. Read up on how the Aztecs used them. Very interesting. I keep a jar of the gel in the fridge to put in smoothies and just carry a little container of the dry seeds in my purse for drinks when I'm out. They really fill you up too and are just plain fun to drink and chew. Chewable drinks are just cool.
  • mel, they don't get gelatin-y like jello would...but sort of like hair gel. easily mixed into drinks and whatnot.
  • The chia seeds are supposed to help reduce cholesterol too!