Yippeee! It's Weekend Chat Time!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Once again it's the weekend so grab a coffee and pull up a deck chair. The Gang of Four are in great spirits this morning and are chasing each other in and out of my weed jungle. Dogs sure know how to have fun!

The Pypers need to vacate their cottage by noon today so I expect them to show up here then. We'll probably have a BBQ lunch and then go out for one last cruise on the Lake. I sure will find it strange with only two dogs again. Having four was a great excuse to "clear" my week.

A new friend, Karen, dropped by late yesterday to drop off a book club book and ended up staying for dinner. She's a single parent and it was her weekend without kids so we cooked supper together - actually she cooked as she's an excellent BBQ cook. (Cottage, she was working in the kitchen at the Hotel Kenney when we had lunch there last year!) It was great to get to know her better in a one-on-one situation.

Shortly after seven I need to take some flowers down to Bob's Diner to grace the tables. I picked up the vases yesterday and had planned to fill them and return by six but Karen showed up so.... I'd better get with it or it'll be all over the Village that "Ruth is losing it and forgot to do the vases."

Hope your weekend is great and full of fun stuff.
  • Good morning!

The day is starting out pleasantly cool, and Jake and I had our first cup of coffee outside on the patio, making plans for our garden for next year. A friend gave him some old window frames yesterday, and he wants to make a small hot bed with them.

I think we're going to run down to Trader Joe's this morning, and I have to stop by AAA to pick up some stuff that they're holding for me. Other than that, we have absolutely nothing planned for the rest of the day. It's going to be hotter than hades, though, so I have a feeling someone will show up for the pool.

Ruth, a cruise on one of your beautiful lakes sounds so nice! I hope it's a beautiful day for it. I remember the lovely lunch we had at that hotel well! What an enjoyable time we had!
    I know you'll all miss having Disney and Jazz's new friends around.
  • Good morning Just sipping my coffee and enjoying the early morning cool. Oh, and making my To Do list for the weekend

Ruth - A lake cruise sounds like just the thing today. Happy flowering

Cottage - I might show up at the pool today

I had planned a parent trip this weekend but am keeping an eye on boy cat instead. DW is gone for the day so I'm sticking close to home. I do have a long errand list and plan to pick blueberries before it gets too hot. I can certainly use the time at home alone. Lots of cleaning and dehydrating to do!

Everything went great at work this week. I'm set to transition to PT status and start the new job 8/15. I'm itchy to start now though so will do a little work with them in the meantime. The offer was generous with serious incentive to join them full time. I suspect I will be ready to do that sooner rather than later.

My eating has been pretty good but my exercise stinks. I keep saying that but I can't seem to find a good solution. I'm getting out on my bike today even if it's only 30 minutes!

How is your weekend shaping up?
  • Hi Ladies

You're up an at em early and it sounds like you've all got great Saturday plans!

I'm still in Iowa and having an awesome time. Last night we went to Balloons Over the Mississippi. It was the first time I've seen hot air balloons launching and landing and it was really impressive. We went back after dinner to watch the "moon glow" - the balloons lit up in the dark were gorgeous!

It's going to be quite hot here today, this Maine gal is getting the best tan of her life on this vacation. LOL I've been walking AND eating well, so I'm feeling much better about myself during this part of my vacation. Cathy's got a brand new gas grill. We put it together yesterday and we're christening it today, so I've got grilled chicken and veggies on my mind this morning. Yum!

Enjoy your Saturday, friends.

• Morning Chicks.

I'm assuming Ruth's lake is Lake Ontario. Last time I saw it, it had huge chunks of ice in it, i'm guessing it doesn't look like that right now Being from a country that has 'mild' (ha!) winters, I'd never seen a lake with icebergs in it before. That said, I've seen LO in July too and it's beautiful, blue as the Meditteranean Sea.
    Lucky you Ruth!

I'm still struggling to get back OP after the slip on Thursday. I'm determined to remain totally OP today - back on P1. I'm kind of hoping my friend doesn't call me to go out for dinner this evening because I know myself well enough to know that I'll slip..not too far but I'll end up eating (and drinking!) P2....

I'm busy cleaning today. I've scrubbed the bathroom from ceiling to floor and am about to attack the second bedroom.

Have a lovely Saturday everyone !

Oh btw, I was wondering if anyone knows where Barb and Beachgal are? I haven't seen them post for a while. If anyone's in contact with them would you say hello from me - although they probably won't remember me. I tend to read more than post
  • Nope! I'm an hour or so north of Lake Ontario. Our village is between two beautiful lakes though and we will be going out on the Lower Lake today.
    Barb and Beachgal have not posted for a while but are both on Facebook under their real names. PM me if you want to know their names.
  • Morning Everyone!!!

Woke up squished in the middle of the bed next to my husband with two dogs in MY spot. What we don't do for our little buddies!!

Not sure what we will do today. There are some Bastille Day activities going on in a nearby town that we may go to this evening.

I fixed something killer for lunch yesterday. Roasted a couple of red peppers on the stove burner and let them cool then peeled and rough chopped them. Then sauteed some onions and patty pan squash in EVOO and Creole seasoning. Then added some mushrooms. Then later on added the red peppers, Then some shrimp. After the shrimp were cooked I added some Shirataki noodles and parm cheese, then fresh basil and parsley on top. It was so so so good. Took a picture, but can't find the stupid cord for the camera.

Have a fun weekend!!!
  • I went for a 15minute walk and had some soup with sardines! It was delicious! I'm going to do laundry and cook later on today! It'll be my first time cooking something substantial in awhile!
  • Morning chickies! I miss you all terribly. Especially since I gained back all that I lost. Back on the horse though, taking it SBPh2ish and back on track.

Hope you are all doing well! I will try to read back at some point. Off to do the homework I never did last week!
  • Morning?!?! I meant EVENING!
  • Hi Jenn - it's good to hear from you!
    How are you feeling these days?
  • Hi

Once again, I thought I posted, but that must have been yesterday. Busy days on everyone else's schedule...I opted out of lake swimming today and instead visited my dear friend in the hospital.

I'm in charge of dinner tonight; steamed kale, salad, quinoa and corn on the cob. I haven't had corn yet this summer, but may enjoy a small ear tonight.

Happy weekend everyone!
  • Hey ladies!

Both kids are sick, so we're staying in tonight. I made a tuna casserole for dinner instead of my usual meal. It's a favorite of the kids and really comfort-foodie. I use whole wheat egg noodles (1.5 cups dry), 2 cans of tuna, 1 cup of frozen peas, 1 onion diced, 1 cup chopped mushrooms, 2 stalks celery diced, 1/2 bell pepper diced, i usually make a light roux and add milk for the sauce but tonight I just used 98% ff cream of mushroom. a little hot sauce and some parmesan cheese on top, bake for 20 minutes and top with fresh tomatoes. It tastes so much worse for you than it is! They get their tuna casserole fix and I still get the healthy fare.

Have a nice night, kiddos.
  • Hello chicks, what a great summer day it was here.
    My friend and I had our weekly breakfast out and went to the farmer's market and Pa Dutch market, then came back to my house, joined by hubbies and kids and grilled some burgers and dogs for lunch. I spent some time working on cleaning out the garage, then to the pool for a swim. DD and I are going to walk up the street now and see what the movie on the green is tonight. My niece loaned me her True Blood Seasons 1 and 2 and I'm dying to start watching them, so I hope I can stay up late.
    The cicadas are singing so loudly, and lightning bugs starting to come up from the grass. I do love summer. Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.
  • A bright and sunny Good Morning!

Such excitement Jake and I have in our lives - we're up early to go to a grand opening of a new Wegman's nearby. FREEBIES! COUPONS! We're pretty pathetic, aren't we?

This evening, Andrea and I are meeting Monica & Eric in the city to see Fiddler On the Roof, and I'm looking forward to that. It will be one of the few times that Eric will actually get to sit in the audience with us to watch the show, rather than working. I'll have showtunes on my mind all day tomorrow, LOL!