3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Fell off the wagon (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/206785-fell-off-wagon.html)

sarahsk 07-10-2010 11:50 AM

Fell off the wagon

Hello chicks....

Well after a rock star phase 1 I have had a stall. I was so good at passing on junk...pizza, cookie, etc...but then I had to go out of town for work again, this time with a large group and I didn't eat on plan. Came home to company, and even though I start out well with a good breakfast and lunch pretty much every day I have ended up eating something I shouldn't. I weighed myself this morning and I haven' gained any weight but I haven't lost any either. I guess I am just disappointed in myself.:(

Company leaves on Tuesday, then it is back to the gym for me. Trying to eat on plan...I MUST eat on plan....

So my question is should I go back to phase 1 once company has left? We are going to the wineries over the next two days so I know I will have a little wine, so I can't start over now...what to do, what to do....:?:

WaistingTime 07-10-2010 11:52 AM

My opinion is that if you can stay on phase 2 without cheating, that is great. But if you continue to cheat, consider going back on phase 1 for a while, maybe a few days or a week or however long it takes to beat back the cravings. Good luck!

Lexxiss 07-10-2010 04:43 PM

I second Karen's opinion. If I've eaten off plan I go back to Phase 1 for 2 or 3 days even though I don't really set off any cravings anymore.

I think that "stalling" (a word I don't use) is a normal part of the process and it has been really helpful to me to concentrate on OP eating and to be less focused on scale results. I hear it over and over again that non-movement of the scale when chicks are "expecting" results is such a set up for off plan eating.

Today, I accept that off plan eating is not going to resolve my desire for the scale to move and I really try and chose to stay OP, instead.

Best wishes!

sarahsk 07-11-2010 01:13 PM

Thanks! Yesterday was a much better day, even with a wedding meal to contend with. I think I will eat phase 1 or 1.5 once company leaves for a few days to get back on track. I think it is more about saying no to off plan foods than anything else. I have never been very good at saying no. :)

pamhoff805 07-11-2010 05:36 PM

I was going to post the same thing! After two weeks of on-plan eating, I hit a big wall yesterday. I ate fine for breakfast, but then had something off-plan for lunch due to lack of planning and being out. Then we went to out town's street fair in the evening and I had vendor food - chinese w/rice, noodles, etc. That then kicked off some major p.m. cravings. So, I'm back on plan today.

Do any of you ever have a bad day or 1/2 day and get right back on track without gaining? I feel like I've been really good for 6 days, one day hopefully won't put on a pound!!! Just didn't want to step on the scale to find out...lol.

zeffryn 07-11-2010 07:14 PM

pam, there is a chance you'll put on a pound or two in water weight, but an actual pound of fat I doubt.

I ate 1.5 slices of pizza last night - veggie pizza with thin crust! and when I woke up this morning was 4 lbs. heavier!!!!! I knew it wasn't actual fat, but when you've been eating clean for a bit, some people get more sensitive to sodium and retain more water. I've been drinking a lot of water and maintaining plan today and already most of it has come off. I suspect (and hope!) that by Tuesday, it will be gone completely.

Don't let a little water weight discourage you and throw you off track. Unfortunately, water weight is a big part of being a woman.

pamhoff805 07-11-2010 07:17 PM

Thanks Zeffryn - I hear ya on the water weigth gain. I've had that happen too after having chinese. :(

Much better eating today. I just keep telling myself that I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to get back into my thinner clothes by fall. REALLY!!!

My "fat" jeans are still tight so I have a ways to go. Can't wait until they are loose. :smug:

sarahsk 07-11-2010 11:27 PM

I have decided not to weigh myself again, at least until I am back on my workout schedule. I try not to weigh myself to much, and use how my clothing fits, or how I look over all as more inspiration than what the scale says....when I said "stall" before it was more about my willpower to say no to foods that I know are triggers for me. Because once I say yes to one, it is hard to say no to the rest.

I have decided also to give myself a break, and know that things happen. I am not going to use the word "cheat" because that sounds to negative to me. And once I start being negative it is hard for me to bounce back. Instead I am going to think of these mistakes as a bump in the road to becoming a healthier person.

I do have to thank everyone again. If I am feeling a little uninspired, I just come to the site and start reading posts, new or old. The advice and support is unbelievable. I look forward to reading the responses of my fellow chicks, and then it is a little easier to pass on the foods I know I should not be eating. Makes it easier to know I am not alone on this journey, especially when people around me are not always as supportive.

Thanks again, and best wishes to all the Beachers out there!!!

ncwvgirl 07-12-2010 09:31 AM

sarahsk-I totally BLEW it over the July 4th holiday! I was just about to start phase 2 and went nuts(partially because I was disappointed in my weight loss in phase 1), but I am getting back on track and will do phase one again. One step at a time, my friend!

dizzylille 07-12-2010 10:40 AM

I have been feeling "uninspired" too sarahsk. I have also been feeling pretty darn lazy about all the cooking. I feel like once I get the kitchen cleaned up for a second, it's time to start chopping again:) But I have not succombed to fast food--my major issue. I have also stalled as far as weight loss--still 175. Gonna go drink some water now:)