3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   "Warm" Wednesday (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/206507-warm-wednesday.html)

Ruthxxx 07-07-2010 06:01 AM

"Warm" Wednesday

Well, it's pretty "warm" for those of us on the east side of North America. I hope we can all find moments of cool. At the Bingo last night (94º) I sat with a spray bottle of water and misted myself periodically - it helped.

This morning I will be in the house working on some accounting with the former treasurer of the Mill but do have to go out around noon. It's allergy shot and pet therapy day at the Clinic which is air conditioned. :carrot: Tonight I have a meeting of the Hort. Society, upstairs in a non-AC community centre hall. The speaker is talking on delphiniums, one of my favourite perennials so I really want to be there. I may take along the spray bottle again.

Jazz is a funny little guy in the heat. He loves to lie on the blazing hot deck for about 20 minutes. Then he asks to come in, runs upstairs to my bed and lies there on his back with the flan ruffling his tummy fur.

Keep your cool today but you have to find it first. Coffee helps.

cottagebythesea 07-07-2010 06:35 AM

"Warm" is a pretty mild word to describe the day, at least around here. It's 83* already, and supposed to go up past 100. Yesterday we topped out at 104*. No pool, as my poor Audrey is having a flare-up of her Lyme disease and is running a fever and is miserable. I'm hoping she's feeling a lot better today.

It's Jake's birthday today, so I've been busy preparing his favorite supper and wrapping his present that I've been hiding in the trunk of my car. I can't decide whether I want to have it waiting on the table when he gets home from work, or wait until I get home to give it to him. :chin: It's a set of windchimes that he's been admiring every time we go to our favorite garden store. They kind of blew my budget for the entire month of July, but he's been especially indulgent with me lately, so he deserves a special gift. I can't wait to see his reaction when he opens it! :D

Have a great day and try to stay cool!

TwynnB 07-07-2010 06:44 AM

What a sweet gift, cottage! My mom would love one of those too....maybe one day :D. Hope he enjoys! What's his favorite meal?

Ruth - the mister is a great idea. Our A/C at work can't keep up with the heat, so it's even warm there.

Me- just got back from a run, it's already miserable out there!! Going to work and then ? My friend's dog had her pups yesterday, and the kids want to visit them sometime. They are very cute

Keep cool today, it's going to be tough!

Lexxiss 07-07-2010 07:24 AM

Good Morning:sunny:

This is the time of year I'm greatful for where I live-it's WARM but not anything like the East coast! Take care in the heat everyone!

I stayed up late last night after I put everyone to bed. I so need to get up on paperwork. Rudi gets anxious when he thinks somebody isn't right there so he kept pawing around. I was hoping for some more time this AM but already hear him stirring. I may drag his stretcher out with us and see if that helps. He had a good check at the Vet yesterday-his hip has stayed in but he needs to stay off the leg for another week, oh well.

Food choices continue to be pretty good, but I'm not getting my usual exercise. I'll get back to the pool tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!

femmecreole 07-07-2010 07:34 AM

Morning all! Hot and steamy here (and not the fun kind!) Storms, storms, storms continue. A tornado touched down in my old neighborhood in N.O. yesterday. Wish the rain would stop for at least a few days.

Yesterday I got my house cleaned and got groceries after being out of town for a week. Hubby had done some cleaning before I got home, but his idea of cleaning and mine are two different things! Bless his sweet heart.

A cousin I haven't seen in about 30 years called last night..he is passing through town and we are going to have lunch together. Should be fun.

WaistingTime 07-07-2010 07:58 AM

Good morning chicks. No heat wave here, and a lot of rain this week which means no bike riding for me. And a very wet DS when he actually gets up early enough to make it to cross country practice. Quiet week here. Keep cool all:)

fcmonroe 07-07-2010 08:05 AM

Yesterday was a stomach flu day. Stayed in bed all day. I'm feeling a lot better today, but still not 100%. I'm sure not planning to go outside in the heat!

TwynnB 07-07-2010 08:27 AM

Debbie - fabulous to hear about Rudi!!

Schmoodle 07-07-2010 09:51 AM

Hello chicas, how is everyone?
I haven't been strictly beaching in a while, but after gaining some pounds back last year, I've been maintaining this year. Thyroid condition has helped as I actually dropped about 15 lbs without trying, but now that's under control and it's time to get back to normal.
We had a lovely week at the beach last week, and DH and I spent some time at a really nice Inn at Deep Creek Lake the week before as a belated anniversary celebration.
I am Phase I again, but shouldn't be too much trouble to stick with it. In this heat, I really don't want to eat anyway. I just saw on facebook that they've scheduled my 30 year HS reuntion for November, so there's some good motivation! I just had some bites of leftover chicken breast and some tomato juice for breakfast. I think I'll do a flax muffin and maybe a cottage cheese smoothie later if I want lunch. Tons of water, and I've got some big zukes I want to stuff and try on the grill. No way I'm turning on any kitchen appliances today! We'll probably go to the pool later to chill ourselves.
I've got to start my job hunt too, so I will start making phone calls to all my peeps today and see what turns up.

cottage, Happy Birthday to Jake! When I get the back of my house rebuilt, I want to put some wind chimes out there.
Stay cool, Ruth!
twynn, I'd be afraid one of those pups would come home with us.
Debbie, I'm sorry about Rudi, but sounds like he is well on the mend!
hello, fc, nice to "meet" you.
Enjoy your lunch date, Cat.
Hello, Waisting!

KO 07-07-2010 09:57 AM

:wave: busy crazy day! Feelin Hot Hot Hot ;)
bbl!

pamhoff805 07-07-2010 01:50 PM

I feel really guilty - it's actually a little chilly here. I live on the SoCal coast and we've been having an extended bout of June-gloom into July. The marine layer of clouds just does not want to leave. Makes for some gloomy cool days. I even had a breif thought yesterday of cranking the heat on for 10 minutes to take out the chill (heat in July??!!). I came to my senses and put on a sweater. Good news is it makes walking for exercise much easier.